Mt. Pleasant Tigers

66in74

Can you read? He was like in every paper in middle Tennessee every weekend his senior year!. He was in several magazines and was the cover and main story of another.

Ok. your provin my point. he was all over the ON THE BALL magazine. which is a start. but how many people read that out of middle tennessee? not many. Cool, he was in every paper in middle tennessee, again how many people read middle tennessee paper that matter? (im talkin with big schools lookin at him here.) i realize he was an amazing player. i played against him my freshman through jr year. He did not get the press he deserved. was he in the espn top whatever it is? no, eventhough he was probably as good as any of them. was he on rivals? if he was, was he even top 150? the guy deserved a heck of a lot more than he got. and i believe its because he was from a small, small town school.

i know alot of talk on here back 2-3 years ago was...blah blah if marco played 5a he'd do half as good as he is doing in 1a. which i believe is a false statement. but if he did play for a say 5a school i bet he would have gotten a lot more looks.

and yes grades is what im talkin about. and yes they are extremely important. but lets think of it this way. how many D1 college athletes are just like him and not have the grades one might think they should have? i mean lets look bowl season year after year, at least 1-2 people from every big college is having to sit out because they dont have enough hours, because they failed half their classes. and im sure there they were the same way in high school, but most of them went to big schools so the schools work with them and think there worth the risk to try, but since he was from a small school, they think hes not even worth the risk.

then the other thing people hated on him was, was his size. i mean look at jones-drew from jacksonville(or was, i still think hes there) hes as big or smaller than marco was.

I just believe he deserved more than he got.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused about regions vs districts this yr. Who is in MP's district and will 1st round playoffs be region play,like b'ball "I think". I'm really confused, and will strength of sch matter if they lose to a higher division team. I don't make sense ,but you know what I mean?

well it is pretty confusing. and im not a 100% sure on anything but ill try to explain. for the most part the regular season is the same. we (region 6) lost huntland and moore county and one other i believe, but we added richland and loretto so this year region 6 will be able to have 1 more non district opponient unlike in years past. the way it sounds is. you will still basically play all the people in your region but when you get into the playoffs it will break off. for example MTP plays CA in the regular season (CA is A, and MTP is AA) there is no possible way to see CA again because your in a differnt playoff bracket, but it would be possible to see Richland or loretto. and the way it sounds is the top 2 from each go. (in most cases) so say richland and mtp can go for the AA, and CA and Cornersville may go or somethin like that. there is a chance i do believe a "wildcard" can be drawn and this is where the Strength of schedule COULD possibly come into play. someone else will probably be able to tell you a lot better and tell you if my statements are vallid or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...