8AAA Predictions?

StealthBuster

It will not be changed. I can promise you that.

Sportsguy, I don't know how long its been since you have seen a game at Lawrence County, but I take exception to you saying its a terrible playing surface. This district is fortunate to have fine places to play at all 7 locations. I can't believe the District is being played at Columbia without lights. I wouldn't be surprised if it got changed since the plans were to play at Columbia State.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sportsguy, I don't know how long its been since you have seen a game at Lawrence County, but I take exception to you saying its a terrible playing surface. This district is fortunate to have fine places to play at all 7 locations. I can't believe the District is being played at Columbia without lights. I wouldn't be surprised if it got changed since the plans were to play at Columbia State.

Yesterday as a matter of fact. Your field is a bad playing surface. Period. Horrible hops all over the infield and the outfield isn't much better. During warm-ups yesterday balls were taking crazy hops left, right and over people' s heads. Luckily, no awful hops during the game, but there was last year. Sorry, but it is one of the worst I've seen all year, although Franklin County's was even worse. That field is in very poor condition.

The tournament won't be changed to Columbia State. They are hosting the JUCO State Tournament at the same time.

Dang. All the games in Columbia will have a first game. He won't be able to attend those during the week.

The part about the lights is confusing. I took it that the first games would be played early in the afternoon for obvious reasons (lights).

Since my playing days when we wore orange and black, CHS has always liked to play right after school. There would be 2 old retired guys watching our games at Pillow Park until the plants let out at 3:30. It does kill your gate. There's always been an eastern bias too, though Lincoln County didn't benefit much from it in the early days. Since every school has built it's own on campus park since that time, it's only fair that it should rotate between schools. Playing on Saturday and Sunday would help.

Please explain this post. Not sure I understand it. You said you will not be able to attend the Columbia games and then you said you will be there to support all the games. Also, what are you talking about with the first game of each day? That will have nothing to do with anything. Columbia does not have lights, so all games will be played in the afternoon. Please explain if you don't mind. Thanks.

Hello!! I have a job. I won't be able to make a 1:30 game,but willl be there to "support all the other games". They will start game earlier because Columbia does not have lights. I assuming there will be more than 1 game/day.

Hello!! I have a job. I won't be able to make a 1:30 game,but willl be there to "support all the other games". They will start game earlier because Columbia does not have lights. I assuming there will be more than 1 game/day.

Yes, there will be two games a day. Thanks. I understand much better now. Yes, I'll be screwed as well due to my job. I hate it because I would go to just about every game if I could.

How's does he know Columbia will for sure play the first game each day? And what was his comment about the lights supposed to mean? Just confused a little that's all.

Man, I'm sorry I've confused you. Early start makes time to get more than 1 game in. That's what I ment by "obvious reason lights"

Guess it's best to wait for the schedule,rather than listening to me babble.