Where is the good BBQ in Clarksville

Da Bears

MatWizard,

Big Daddy's was definietly Excel Grocery. The Beer Box used to be a garage on one side and a bar on the other. It may have been called Big Daddy's too I don't know. There is also a little bar directly across the street from the dump in Fredonia called Pappy's you may be getting confused with it. It is a big neon Pappy's sign.

Did you grow up in Fredonia? I have a feeling we probably know each other.

I'm Michael Hampton.

Coach I agree you should go in there sometime and sit down. Like you though I wouldn't recommend too many people to do that.

I didnt technically live in Fredonia. I live off Albright rd. You're a few years older than me so you probably remember better than I do. I just remembered a Big Daddy's next to Nicholson's and a Big Daddy's 2 somewhere on highway twelve or was it Bull Daddy's. That was a while back. I don't think i've ever made a stop into Pappy's but i thought that was even farther down Hwy 12.

Tyler Ziolkowski

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rigger-

I could ruin a sack full of 3 little pigs right now!

Da Bears-

Many people say Jacks on Trinity lane as you go thru Nashvegas is a good as it gets. It ain't bad eatin'.

Best brisket I ever had: http://www.texsworldfamousbbq.com/

Just off Murfreesboro Rd as you come in to town. May be too early to stop, but worth it. They are onlyopen 11:00-2:00 Monday thru Friday.

As they say in Texas. Is it Pig meat or real BBQ? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

As they say in Texas. Is it Pig meat or real BBQ? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Q is pig meat.... and if it weren't for a bunch of guys from Tennessee, Texas would have spanish as their "official" language and would be chowing down on burritos. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I made a visit out TN 12 to Excells. My wife stayed in the car. I told them when I went in that I was told this was the best BBQ in Clarksville.

They ask if we were there with that "wrestling thingy". It seems several people made the trip to sample the pork of

Clarksville.

My son and I orders three sandwiches with cole slaw and sauce. It was very good!

Thanks!

Da Bears

Porker's is alright but i don't feel like it's even the same style, plus there's probably no stray dogs mixed in with the pork. That's probably why excel is so good.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> True among other things.

in Chattanoooga:

My favorite 2 locations:

Sticky Fingers - grest ribs. Two locations (one just a few blocks from the UTC)

Couch's BBQ in Ooltewah - just about 15 minutes from downtown. Ask Jake's Dad for directions. (try a bbq sandwich with hot slaw).

Also in the running would be Famous Dave's.

There are a few other small loations around the area that others may suggest.

Da Bears

Couch??™s BBQ: I-75 North (from Chattanooga) to Ooltewah Exit, take first right on Little Debbie Parkway, immediately right again on Old Lee Highway, then it??™s just a couple of miles on the right. You could get there a little faster from the Summit Exit, but then you don't get to go through Ooltewah.

Here are a few others:

Highway 58 BBQ: I-75 North (from Chattanooga) to Highway 153 North, exit Highway 58 north just about a mile. It is a tiny building in front of Ace Hardware on left. The best pulled pork I have ever had.

Sweeny??™s BBQ: just 4 or 5 miles north of Highway 58 BBQ on the right (past Central High School).

My Favorite:

Steve??™s Landing in Soddy Daisy. The best ribs ever. Rabbitt or Xbody will have to offer directions. I get lost every time I go to Soddy Daisy.