Austin East High School Baseball Roadrunners

Turtle

Well its a new season and the Roadrunners are coming into the year with a new coach.. Many parents are saying this is the best thing that has happen to the Roadrunner baseball program. The coach has over 50 players going to early conditioning... UH OH, my Roadrunners could be making some noise in a sport no one thinks they can compete in..

Any thoughs?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its a new season and the Roadrunners are coming into the year with a new coach.. Many parents are saying this is the best thing that has happen to the Roadrunner baseball program. The coach has over 50 players going to early conditioning... UH OH, my Roadrunners could be making some noise in a sport no one thinks they can compete in..

Any thoughs?

There is no doubt that Austin-East has athletes in their programs but the district you are in is a tough egg to crack currently. You have both Seymour (2007) and Gibbs (2007 & 2008) that have made it to the state tournament recently and have quality teams back. I know that Fulton, Alcoa, and Carter have some quality players in their lineups also. It make take some time for the Roadrunners to turn it around but as we all know anything can happen on the diamond. Best of luck to you!

Any thoughs?

I don't think it will matter if you have 50 or 500 out for the team. The majority of AE kids have played very little if any baseball growing up, and have little chance against kids who have played 50 games a year since they were 6 years old. Having good athletes is great, but you can't steal first base.

I don't think it will matter if you have 50 or 500 out for the team. The majority of AE kids have played very little if any baseball growing up, and have little chance against kids who have played 50 games a year since they were 6 years old. Having good athletes is great, but you can't steal first base.

Well that's where you go wrong at... Most of the kids at AE have played baseball since they were young.. They just gave it up for basketball or football during high school...

I can remember when AE won the district in baseball, although it has been quite some time. Josh Brown was there a few years ago and was an excellent baseball player. Good for the Roadrunners. Who's the new coach?

I can't think of his name but he's the assistant basketball coach at West... he teaches at AE and will be the baseball coach once the season starts..

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I think it is and I'm getting a pretty good laugh out of it. Ae never has and never will be good at baseball. Simple as that.

AE won a district title back in the mid to early 80's. They had won the district tournament but had to forfeit because of a pitching rule violation. Frank Fragimine was the coach. Never say Never.

AE won a district title back in the mid to early 80's. They had won the district tournament but had to forfeit because of a pitching rule violation. Frank Fragimine was the coach. Never say Never.

yeah believe it or not, i heard AE could be a lot better this year. IM BEING SERIOUS. don't look for a 35-2 year, but maybe .500 or around there. tough district to play for and the odds are against them. but look for them to be better.