TEMPLE VS. CSAS , THIS FRI.

gracefan423

Are you kidding me man temple has never scored over 100 and they scored that on 21st cen. one time and ill tel you why does the freshman and jv players fouling out in the 2nd half ring a bell????????? and the starters had to play what u want them to do forfeit the game?!?!?!? plus the coach wasnt there does that ring a bell?!?!?!?

?????????????

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My praise for Dragoo was sarcastic. There's no glory in beating a team of country boys by 74 points. Whitwell has only won 1 regular season game this year, so to hold them to 39 isn't a huge accomplishment.

2nd time in 2 weeks a CSAS team has run it up by over 70. Enjoy it while you can.

I dont understand your beef what do you want them to do. This isnt the no child left behind league

And lost by 25 to a team in their region. But hey, if you want to keep on feeling good about dominating district 6a, be my guest. How couldn't you peak at the right time every year when you play Richard Hardy, Whitwell, and the likes.

you act as if your district is any tougher you have one more good team than district 6a

I just want them to show some class. Winning by that big a margin is shameful...to most people.

Temple telling someone to show some class /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> ! This is coming from a school who has committed major TSSAA violations and got away with it.

Yeah,Yeah, we know. When you play half court man the whole game, run the clock the entire 2nd half, and play your bench almost the entire 2nd half, what else do you want them to do? PLAY THEM 2 ON 5? Don't act like Temple hasn't run the score up on people. A 3 at the buzzer at 21st Century to break 100 ring a bell!? Enjoy it while we can? What was the atmosphere like for the last regular season game at Vance?

Actually it doesn't ring a bell. All I know about that game is Temple only won by 39. It could have been a lot worse but good sportsmanship was shown.

What last regular season game? Last year? Explain.

Temple telling someone to show some class /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> ! This is coming from a school who has committed major TSSAA violations and got away with it.

Try to distract everyone from what CSAS has done twice in the last 2 weeks by bringing up what Temple did 2 years ago?

This is more of an ethical question than anything, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Their are two schools of thought when games get "out of hand":

1. We are not going to change anything we do. We are going to play like we always play. I'm not going to ask my players to do anything differently. If they are open for a three-pointer, they should take it. If they can get a steal and finish on a 2 on 1 or 3 on 2, they should do it. This isn't upward basketball, etc.

OR

2. We are blowing this team out and they can do nothing to stop it. We are going to change and possibly do some things we normally wouldn't do. Instead of playing man we are going to go to a soft zone. I'm going to ask my players only to shoot wide open layups and not to try to push ahead and score off turnovers.

Two ways to treat the situation. Their are differing opinions across every level of basketball to what you should do. In my personal opinion, at the high school level against a very inferior opponent you should probably stick with two if at all possible.

I just want them to show some class. Winning by that big a margin is shameful...to most people.

I played for years for Dragoo and showing class i sosmething he has always done, I remember my senior year playing 21st Century we( the starters didnt play the 2nd half because the score was so bad three other tims that year he did the same thing against Sale Creek.

As a plyer if I ride the bench then I get into a game thats a blowout and my coach tells me I cant shoot threes or run out on a fast break I am going to be p!$$ed off I work my butt off to try to get some playing time and I have to take it easy on the opposition because they are so bad thats not fair to me. Im sure Dragoo didnt go in thinking we are going o try to beat Whitwell by 70 and I know Coach Martin, the girls coach, is not doing that either. So I will ask the question again what should these coaches be doing differently to make the score look more "repectable" It not their fault the competition in the district is bad

This is more of an ethical question than anything, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Their are two schools of thought when games get "out of hand":

1. We are not going to change anything we do. We are going to play like we always play. I'm not going to ask my players to do anything differently. If they are open for a three-pointer, they should take it. If they can get a steal and finish on a 2 on 1 or 3 on 2, they should do it. This isn't upward basketball, etc.

OR

2. We are blowing this team out and they can do nothing to stop it. We are going to change and possibly do some things we normally wouldn't do. Instead of playing man we are going to go to a soft zone. I'm going to ask my players only to shoot wide open layups and not to try to push ahead and score off turnovers.

Two ways to treat the situation. Their are differing opinions across every level of basketball to what you should do. In my personal opinion, at the high school level against a very inferior opponent you should probably stick with two if at all possible.

Well what happens when the scrubs get in and they are still getting wide open layups you cant tell the younger kids who normally dont play "since we are up by 50 you are not allowed to play as hard as you can"

"Well what happens when the scrubs get in and they are still getting wide open layups you cant tell the younger kids who normally dont play "since we are up by 50 you are not allowed to play as hard as you can"

It's not about playing as hard as you can, it is about playing as fair as you can. Subs can get in the game and still play hard without rubbing it in/running up the score.

What is their to prove, as a starter, coach or sub, if your team is up by 40+ late in the game?

Seems to me you have already proven you are far superior than your opponent.

What if the coach asked for no fewer than 10 passes per offensive possession? That way the subs could work on their ball distribution skills in a game setting. That is only an idea. You could play a soft zone, rebound at regular speed/effort, slowly transition back to offense and then run through a set 4 times or whatever.

Point is...classy and effort can go hand in hand...you just have to be creative.

If I am coaching the team who is winning big and one of subs is out their showing off or whatever...he won't see the court for weeks.