TEMPLE VS. CSAS , THIS FRI.

gracefan423

LEGEND: I can almost beat you have never played ball on any team or even coach (MAYBE UPWARD BASKETBALL) until you make some sense out of what you are saying you need to keep your mouth shut. I don't know if he will make it and the odds are stack against him but I did play D1 and I will tell you with the right coaches he can and will be a great player.And also this kids now day are much faster and Quicker and stronger as well as smarter than in the 90's. So youn can not make that call.

Jurick and McMasters were also nominated and if I'm not mistaken both may have been rated higher than sexton...I know Jurick was. Neither of them played in the game.

I am not sure if you ever saw Moses Lindsey play but he was and still is a beast. Take his size and athleticism and put it on a kid today and he would be a monster. Moses had the opportunity to play with AI at Georgetown.

I'm pretty sure that them being nominated in the 90's was relative to the "poorer quality," as you like to put it, of players there were back then. In 10 years we could be saying the same thing about Jeremy, Jurick, and Mcmasters. No doubt Sexton is a great player. He has outstanding potential and will make an impact on some team in college. But he will not play in the Mcdonalds Game...he was simply nominated...which is a great honor itself.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is also worth mentioning the play of Alex Stallion. As a sophomore he is doing a remarkable job of managing the game and making good decesions. Combine him with the shooting and scoring of Townsend and the quickness of Cousins and that makes for a pretty lethal trio in the backcourt for CSAS. If anyone saw the highlights of Stallion's spin move that he put on Brandon Andrews on the news...you would agree with me it was a thing of beauty. I have been very impressed overall with the young talent on CSAS's squad.

I don't think South Pitt will be able to beat CSAS in the district. Right now Signal Mtn. is more of a threat than South Pitt. The other day South Pitt beat Sale Creek by 9. CSAS beat them by almost 40. Oh... not to mention that Signal beat South Pitt earlier this season. Don't get me wrong... South Pitt is a great team. But right now, I don't think they're at the same level of play that CSAS is at. But then again, everything is different during tournament time.

Signal has done some good things for a first year team. I'd guess they'll have some eligible players next year that had to sit out after switching from private schools or public schools other than Red Bank, so they may be a lot better. Whitwell will have one of the district's best players next year despite this year's record.

It is also worth mentioning the play of Alex Stallion. As a sophomore he is doing a remarkable job of managing the game and making good decesions. Combine him with the shooting and scoring of Townsend and the quickness of Cousins and that makes for a pretty lethal trio in the backcourt for CSAS. If anyone saw the highlights of Stallion's spin move that he put on Brandon Andrews on the news...you would agree with me it was a thing of beauty. I have been very impressed overall with the young talent on CSAS's squad.

I was impressed with the young patriots when Temple played them on Third Street but I was even more impressed with the higher level of confidence and their swagger when they played at Vance Gym. They were never afraid of us and they never quit coming at us until it was over. I think they will beat Grace.

I was impressed with the young patriots when Temple played them on Third Street but I was even more impressed with the higher level of confidence and their swagger when they played at Vance Gym. They were never afraid of us and they never quit coming at us until it was over. I think they will beat Grace.

I agree bigbird. CSAS teams have always played with a swagger. I think the "Baby Patriots" are starting to grow up and gain that swagger and that desire to never quit.

How is he eligible? Regular public to magnet? I would have thought it would be hard for any student to get into CSAS anyway after he or she has already started high school since there's a waiting list.

From what I understand and I am no expert, Alex Stallion had been on the waiting list at CSAS for a couple of years without being admitted. When he was offered admission after being on the waiting list for that long, his parents accepted. I am pretty sure that a hardhship has to be filed in this kind of situation.

From what I understand and I am no expert, Alex Stallion had been on the waiting list at CSAS for a couple of years without being admitted. When he was offered admission after being on the waiting list for that long, his parents accepted. I am pretty sure that a hardhship has to be filed in this kind of situation.

Same thing as the girl from Grace who now plays at CSAS. Both her and Stallion have been on the list for a few years. When your name comes up you are allowed to transfer and play. I think that is the rule at least...

Same thing as the girl from Grace who now plays at CSAS. Both her and Stallion have been on the list for a few years. When your name comes up you are allowed to transfer and play. I think that is the rule at least...

The Gordon girl from Grace was a totally different circumstance than that of Stallion from what I have been told.