Bledsoe County Football Coach Fired?

jhoutsider

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach B, I am not knowcking you or your brother, I opened holes up for the both of you in High School. I would support you or him either one 100% if you were on our sidelines & I don't think for a minute either of you wouldn't do what you thought was right to win ball games. I just said we need a proven " BUILDER" of a Program..... I know what David done at Lake & I am proud for him. I just hope Kiper, (who is from Sequatchie County), will do what is right for BLEDSOE COUNTY, & that is hire a PROVEN PROGRAM BUILDER with what it takes to win in the Sequatchie Valley.....

PS I heard the other day John Swafford Sr. is retired now, rekon we could intrest him in comming back /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> ???? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Most of these people on here think we can go out and get someone like Gary Rankin but its just not going to happen..... We don't have the funds or the tradition....

I have read that you moved here and became a B.C.H.S. fan around the end of dickie browns tenure here!

What do you know about our tradition that is the most stupid thing i have heard you say you dont know about our tradition all you know is the last few years and have never seen our program up we have been as competive as any school in this valley back in the 80' and early 90's and we had some teams in the 60's and early 70's that people up around kingston and rockwood still talk about today! So dont get on here talking about something that you dont even begin to have a clue about. Its people like you making these kind of comments that make the school adminastration think its ok to settle with mediocrity!

B.T.Y. I havent heard anyone mention gary rankin nor any high profile coach such as he. We are wanting someone who can do his job build a program and get the best out of these boys. Not someone just to draw a check and hold the title as coach and coast through.

Also for anyone to get on here and say the new coach is not gonna have support that is stupid also! How can anyone say such. When a coach is hired if he lets the people know he is going to work hard there are alot of people waiting in the wings to lend a hand.

I have read that you moved here and became a B.C.H.S. fan around the end of dickie browns tenure here!

What do you know about our tradition that is the most stupid thing i have heard you say you dont know about our tradition all you know is the last few years and have never seen our program up we have been as competive as any school in this valley back in the 80' and early 90's and we had some teams in the 60's and early 70's that people up around kingston and rockwood still talk about today! So dont get on here talking about something that you dont even begin to have a clue about. Its people like you making these kind of comments that make the school adminastration think its ok to settle with mediocrity!

B.T.Y. I havent heard anyone mention gary rankin nor any high profile coach such as he. We are wanting someone who can do his job build a program and get the best out of these boys. Not someone just to draw a check and hold the title as coach and coast through.

Also for anyone to get on here and say the new coach is not gonna have support that is stupid also! How can anyone say such. When a coach is hired if he lets the people know he is going to work hard there are alot of people waiting in the wings to lend a hand.

I've lived in the county for 19 years...... So no I'd say I've been here a while.... How many state championships do we have in football? Heck any sport for that matter.... I could careless what any of you think about me.... Just because I speak my mind on here and say what I've seen around here..... Let me re-phrase this we have had NO tradition in the 19 years I've been around here and I know the truth hurts..... How many winning seasons since I've been around? But thats the past and we need to focus on the future and for your kids.... How about district championships in boys basketball? Correct me if I'm wrong jh, but 1984? When was the last region championship for football?

There was tradition. There is good people and support. Those rumors of outside pressure are just that... Rumors. There are people in the county that want the best for those kids and Mr. Kiper WILL do what is best. He is a good man and I have known him a while. He will be thorough and make a good hire who will build the program. I hope BCW that you get involved as well as Dogg, BBBoys and other to build that program. Good luck my friends and I hope you guys get things going

I've lived in the county for 19 years...... So no I'd say I've been here a while.... How many state championships do we have in football? Heck any sport for that matter.... I could careless what any of you think about me.... Just because I speak my mind on here and say what I've seen around here..... Let me re-phrase this we have had NO tradition in the 19 years I've been around here and I know the truth hurts..... How many winning seasons since I've been around? But thats the past and we need to focus on the future and for your kids.... How about district championships in boys basketball? Correct me if I'm wrong jh, but 1984? When was the last region championship for football?

So a school has to win state championships to have tradition?

You dont know all the blood sweat and tears that those two high school football fields have seen. Yes we have tradition and some of us still have pride in this football program. You are walking the line of running it down and you claim to be warrior faithful!

Being competetive is the goal and the wins will come that is what the common goal should be!

Also you mentioned what you have seen around here how do you grade the last few years of football here? What do you think could make it better? As for support of a coach being his sucess as i said before if a coach is hired that wants to work he can get all the help he needs,and by help i mean anything he needs as long as he is willing to work hard.

boy......i leave here for a few hours and you guys go off.......lol....come on....lets all get on the same page...Coach B from Seq. is right....i don't think its a " winning tradition " thing keeping a big time coach or a good coach out of Bledsoe......its MONEY.....don't get me wrong..and i shouldn't say names, but i will...I WOULD LOVE to have David as our coach.....but it just might not be the right thing for him or other coachs we would like to have....like i said before....i just want to best coach we can get for the money.....

I don't post on here very often, and everyone knows who I am by my screen name so I am not trying to hide anything. As far as tradition, (and I have watched BCHS football my entire life), we were known for many years as one of the toughest teams in the valley. We had a time frame in the 80's that were awesome and some in the 90's as well. It is correct about the teams in the 60's and 70's as well. The 61 team was probably the best team Mr. Warden ever had and it is was the 83 team that was the last region champ. That team was narrowly defeated in the quarterfinals by a fluke fumble inside the 5 going in for what would have been the game winning score with less than 3 min left. The 83 team was also the first year we moved into AA from A and we were the smallest school in AA in the valley. The 81 team also won the district, 80 was runner up in the district, 82 was runner up in the district and back then only 1 team went into the playoffs. SO YES WE DO HAVE TRADITION! Sorry, but I get excited from all the years, blood, sweat, and tears my family and I have put into Warrior football and will continue to do so as my son and nephew are now playing in the little league program. I would disagree with warrior2024 as which coach has done the most for the program as I know one that spent 3 years as an assistant and 4 years as a head coach with 3 playoff appearances (2 as head coach), 2 distict championships (one as head coach), 1 bowl win and 2 first round playoff wins (as head coach) and only 1 season that was below 500. They were 4-6 in 84. But yes I am partial and everyone knows I think the world of Coach Brown, I played for him my Sr. year, he has done a great job everywhere he has ever been and is a great man. I have nothing negative to say about him, so don't think I am. I love the man dearly and I know he will be successful anywhere he ever goes. Just the same as I know warrior2024 and wardawg will be. I have known both of them all our lives and know both are great men and do fantastic jobs. I hope whoever we get understands what it means to be a warrior and gets the pride and tradition back to what it can and should be. And I mean nothing negative on anyone, we have just been down for a few years. But don't get discouraged Warrior faithful. We will be back again!

As far as John Swafford coaching again, /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I don't think after 22 years out he would be interested in going back to work instead of enjoying retirement.

And for those wondering and rumoring...No the head coach at Grundy county has not and is not going to apply, he has only been there 1 year and is committed to turning their program around and I am sure he will.

So a school has to win state championships to have tradition?

You dont know all the blood sweat and tears that those two high school football fields have seen. Yes we have tradition and some of us still have pride in this football program. You are walking the line of running it down and you claim to be warrior faithful!

Being competetive is the goal and the wins will come that is what the common goal should be!

Also you mentioned what you have seen around here how do you grade the last few years of football here? What do you think could make it better? As for support of a coach being his sucess as i said before if a coach is hired that wants to work he can get all the help he needs,and by help i mean anything he needs as long as he is willing to work hard.

How am I walking the line of running it down when most of the people on here not you but most have run it down the last 5 years or so...... When it seems like me and few others were the only supporters there for a while.... What I think could make it better would be to get a young coach and let him build this program in to what it was in the 80's..... I said there has been NO tradition in the 19 years I've been around here.... Like warrior2024 said "There WAS tradition".... Yeah sure there was probably tradition before my time... But remember I said since I've been around here.... Now granted most of you if not all are twice my age or somewhere around in there so there has been tradition in your life around here.....

so with everyone get on here saying that so and so is not up for the job...just who is up for the job? has anyone heard who is for sure?

Rumor around Dunlap is that both Bargers have applied. I hope that is not the case, I think that would really hurt Chad and what he has started with the kids here.