District 11A

always a dawg

No the umpires at the CA richland game both didnt kno what they were doing the ump behind the plate struck two kids out one from richland and one from CA. and walked a guy after 3 balls not four the ump behind the plate didnt even have a clicker with him the ump in the field did. And they appealed all calls to him and he didnt correct it. These umps do not deserve to be in a game of that magnitude again

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No the umpires at the CA richland game both didnt kno what they were doing the ump behind the plate struck two kids out one from richland and one from CA. and walked a guy after 3 balls not four the ump behind the plate didnt even have a clicker with him the ump in the field did. And they appealed all calls to him and he didnt correct it. These umps do not deserve to be in a game of that magnitude again

From what I've seen Single A baseball always gets the worst of the worst in umpires. They probably start them in A then move them up to AA and AAA after time. Its not right and maybe everyone can get decent umpires one day.

From what I've seen Single A baseball always gets the worst of the worst in umpires. They probably start them in A then move them up to AA and AAA after time. Its not right and maybe everyone can get decent umpires one day.

i dont think thats a valid statement. i think the better way of thinking is. most A schools are located in smaller areas, and since most smaller towns dont have many people there arnt that many differnt refs to choose from.

i dont think thats a valid statement. i think the better way of thinking is. most A schools are located in smaller areas, and since most smaller towns dont have many people there arnt that many differnt refs to choose from.

Ok now think, CA, Cully, and Sante Fe are all close to Columbia Central and Spring Hill. C'ville is ten min from Marshall Co. Richland is minutes from Giles Co high school. Huntland is close to Franklin Co... So I get where your coming from and your thinking but maybe think of it that way too.

Ok now think, CA, Cully, and Sante Fe are all close to Columbia Central and Spring Hill. C'ville is ten min from Marshall Co. Richland is minutes from Giles Co high school. Huntland is close to Franklin Co... So I get where your coming from and your thinking but maybe think of it that way too.

You were right with your first statement. I know some umpires and have done a little myself and beginners always go to small schools first to get used to it. You might as well face the fact that single A will probably never get very good blues unless one just starts out good. It goes the same way in every other sport. The only time it's been different is when gas got real high then they kept everyone close to home. So give em heck and hope for the best.

You were right with your first statement. I know some umpires and have done a little myself and beginners always go to small schools first to get used to it. You might as well face the fact that single A will probably never get very good blues unless one just starts out good. It goes the same way in every other sport. The only time it's been different is when gas got real high then they kept everyone close to home. So give em heck and hope for the best.

Guess we can hope for the best and keep our fingers crossed!!