HOW GOOD IS THE CULLEOKA DEFENSE

attila

I happen to play for Culleoka and i admit we haven't played to our potential yet on defense,and in a way thats a good thing b/c we're 22-2(9-0)..If we keep playing the way we been the past couple weeks we will be put out early and coach Slatten made us aware of that..We have played great competition in our district and we dont feel like we are better than anyone when we play them b/c we're not so any win is a good one if we play our hardest on D..Ill speak for the rest of the players when I say we will pick up our play and finish the season the best way we can.

Why can't everyone's first post be this well thoughtout and complement their program. Thank god Maury County still has its unit schools.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I happen to play for Culleoka and i admit we haven't played to our potential yet on defense,and in a way thats a good thing b/c we're 22-2(9-0)..If we keep playing the way we been the past couple weeks we will be put out early and coach Slatten made us aware of that..We have played great competition in our district and we dont feel like we are better than anyone when we play them b/c we're not so any win is a good one if we play our hardest on D..Ill speak for the rest of the players when I say we will pick up our play and finish the season the best way we can.

I have said it before and ill say it again... You guys are a classy bunch. Maybe you could rub some of that off on Culleokarep! Cause he is bout as classless as it gets!

Might wanna watch your mouth!

Easy Farmer my friend, it is just a Basketball board......and what did you expect after you called him out?

Should be good games in the district tonight....and I won't get to see any of them!!!!

Good luck to all /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

A true test of Culleoka's defense will come tonight AT CA. This team will have to be on its game against a team that needs this victory more than Culleoka. CA is fighting for that #2 seed and a chance to upset Culleoka in the district. This is probably the biggest game of the week.

agreed...this is gonna be a good one

youve got me nervous now leadfarmer /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Easy Farmer my friend, it is just a Basketball board......and what did you expect after you called him out?

Should be good games in the district tonight....and I won't get to see any of them!!!!

Good luck to all /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Its one thing to call me out.... But the lil punk can leave my brother out!

OK I think I have got it now....You can call him a classless punk, and he can say he is just like you, and everybody is OK what that, as long as nobody mentions "little bro". Great, can we get back to Bball now.

Are you sayin that you have never thought the same about the almighty Culleokarep?

Obvioulsy Culleoka plays some pretty good D. I'm from the West so I really don't know. This is all I can go by:

Culleoka has held the following opponets to (followed by the teams record)

Lorreta 49 (7 and 15)

East Robertson 38 (8 and 13)

Hamilton Heights 47 (don't know thre record)

Sequatchie Co 30 (9 and 14)

Franklin Co 44 and 26 (17 and 9)

Cascade 37 and 34 (13 and 8)

Forrest 37 and 28 (9 and 14)

Hume Fogg 53 (11 and 5)

Moore Co 24 and 21 (1 and 18)

Huntland 27 and 24 (15 and 8)

Sante Fe 29 and 43 (4 and 16)

Cheatham Co 14 (1 and 18)

East Ridge 40 (8 and 11)

Columbia Academy 35 (12 and 10)

Cornersville 20 (12 and 10)

Richland 48 (12 and 8)

Lost to Martin Westview 62 to 67 ( Martin Westview is 19 and 5)

Lost to MBA 67 to 68 (MBA is 15 and 5)

Cullekoa has only scored 60 or more 8 times out of 24 games and has only broke 70 once.

Culleoka averages 55.9 a game and gives up 36.7 a game.

My question is how good is Culleoka's backcourt and depth? What is the size/height of Culleoka's starting lineup and main players off the bench? Are they superior ball handlers? How much high end talent do they have and how many are legit college players (no matter what level..even if it's JUCO/NAIA) Can they withstand the pressure some of the top teams from the West and Temple will bring because the top single A teams from the West are better than Martin Wesview even though Martin Westview is AA. On it's face the Culleoka schedule looks rather weak. It appears Culleoka plays a deliberate slow down type game mixed in with a lock down defense. Is that a fair statement? I really haven't seen any wins against what I consider power house teams. Martin Westview may be the best team they have played...while Martin Westview is a good solid team they are by no means a power. I'm not being critical I'm just asking does Culleoka have the goods to win it all? I remember some of the State teams from MLK (AA) that was as disciplined as any teams I have ever seen that were able to play to the wire with the likes of Bolivar and a few other powers. Is Culleoka somewhat like those MLK teams from the past? I admit I haven't seen Culleoka but i'm not sold on this team....having said that, if they are as fundemental defensively and in there half court sets as some of those MLK teams from the past I could be totally wrong. Just trying to get some honest thoughts and opinons (not a HOMERS) on Culleoka. Again, I'm not being critical so pelase don't take it that way. Just trying to guage if Culleoka is a legit title contender so I'm asking those that have seen them and know about them. Honest thoughts and opinions only would be greatly appreciated.

Obvioulsy Culleoka plays some pretty good D. I'm from the West so I really don't know. This is all I can go by:

Culleoka has held the following opponets to (followed by the teams record)

Lorreta 49 (7 and 15)

East Robertson 38 (8 and 13)

Hamilton Heights 47 (don't know thre record)

Sequatchie Co 30 (9 and 14)

Franklin Co 44 and 26 (17 and 9)

Cascade 37 and 34 (13 and 8)

Forrest 37 and 28 (9 and 14)

Hume Fogg 53 (11 and 5)

Moore Co 24 and 21 (1 and 18)

Huntland 27 and 24 (15 and 8)

Sante Fe 29 and 43 (4 and 16)

Cheatham Co 14 (1 and 18)

East Ridge 40 (8 and 11)

Columbia Academy 35 (12 and 10)

Cornersville 20 (12 and 10)

Richland 48 (12 and 8)

Lost to Martin Westview 62 to 67 ( Martin Westview is 19 and 5)

Lost to MBA 67 to 68 (MBA is 15 and 5)

Cullekoa has only scored 60 or more 8 times out of 24 games and has only broke 70 once.

Culleoka averages 55.9 a game and gives up 36.7 a game.

My question is how good is Culleoka's backcourt and depth? What is the size/height of Culleoka's starting lineup and main players off the bench? Are they superior ball handlers? How much high end talent do they have and how many are legit college players (no matter what level..even if it's JUCO/NAIA) Can they withstand the pressure some of the top teams from the West and Temple will bring because the top single A teams from the West are better than Martin Wesview even though Martin Westview is AA. On it's face the Culleoka schedule looks rather weak. It appears Culleoka plays a deliberate slow down type game mixed in with a lock down defense. Is that a fair statement? I really haven't seen any wins against what I consider power house teams. Martin Westview may be the best team they have played...while Martin Westview is a good solid team they are by no means a power. I'm not being critical I'm just asking does Culleoka have the goods to win it all? I remember some of the State teams from MLK (AA) that was as disciplined as any teams I have ever seen that were able to play to the wire with the likes of Bolivar and a few other powers. Is Culleoka somewhat like those MLK teams from the past? I admit I haven't seen Culleoka but i'm not sold on this team....having said that, if they are as fundemental defensively and in there half court sets as some of those MLK teams from the past I could be totally wrong. Just trying to get some honest thoughts and opinons (not a HOMERS) on Culleoka. Again, I'm not being critical so pelase don't take it that way. Just trying to guage if Culleoka is a legit title contender so I'm asking those that have seen them and know about them. Honest thoughts and opinions only would be greatly appreciated.

A lot of very good questions. Westview hit 10 3's in the first half and was up by like 20 points. Cully came back and took the lead but got beat late. They play very good as a team. It is hard to tell how they will fair with Temple or teams from the west. They have very good 3 point shooters at the guard spot and get a lot of passes kicked back out for wide open looks. Not one real standout scorer. If you look at the numbers they score as a team. I have watched Summertown play and you think the way they shoot the 3 they will be at state, then they go cold and other teams come right back and score. With Cully the Defense has been there every night. Some nights better than others!!! They really don't slow it down they just don't foul a lot and make the other team work hard for shots, which runs the clock.

The Westview game showed they have the ability to score and come back. They also have a pretty good press. I can not compare them to West Tn teams because I have not seen them. From what I have read they will be tough, if not impossible to beat. Cully has a good team but so does Summertown and Collinwood. I just hope they can make it to State.