HOW GOOD IS THE CULLEOKA DEFENSE

attila

Their defense is against teams that cant match their size. But its not that great against teams that match up with them

I dont understand how you can get on here and say that after your team (Cornersville) only scored 20 points against them with 7 of those 20 coming against the j.v?!?!?! Cornersille has good size with Darnell and Stiles who COMBINED for a grand total of 9 points in that game. All im saying is give credit where credit is due!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Culleoka gives up 28 points in the second half according to Tennessean to a mediocre Santa Fe team. I have seen this team play well against better opponents. Could this be the beginning of the end for Culleoka. Santa Fe is not a very good team. They do have a few players and shooters, but to give up 28 points to them is a little much. If this team wants to get to Murfreesboro, then they will have to pride themselves on DEFENSE and let the offense feed off of it!!

Disappointing game from the box score!! Any details??

Culleoka gives up 28 points in the second half according to Tennessean to a mediocre Santa Fe team. I have seen this team play well against better opponents. Could this be the beginning of the end for Culleoka. Santa Fe is not a very good team. They do have a few players and shooters, but to give up 28 points to them is a little much. If this team wants to get to Murfreesboro, then they will have to pride themselves on DEFENSE and let the offense feed off of it!!

Disappointing game from the box score!! Any details??

You must be joking!!!! They gave up 20 or 21 in the 4th. 6 in the 1st, 9 in the 2nd, and 9 in the 3rd. I was not there but I would guess the freshmen played the 4th like they have all year. So if the starters play the whole game you would get on here and blast them for that!!!! But to say"is this the beginning of the end for Cully" must be a joke. Or are you just starting trouble????? This was a 20 point win. this is right up there with your comment about "sputtering" to a 30 point win".

Tuesday should be fun.

Cully's JV did not get into the game. Both teams had starters in foul in trouble. Like, greenwheel said, Cully was never in any danger of losing. I've been to most of Cully's games this year and this was one of their worst shooting nights that I have seen in a while. Hopefully they won't have an off night next Tuesday.

I dont understand how you can get on here and say that after your team (Cornersville) only scored 20 points against them with 7 of those 20 coming against the j.v?!?!?! Cornersille has good size with Darnell and Stiles who COMBINED for a grand total of 9 points in that game. All im saying is give credit where credit is due!!

Read my post idiot!!!!!! Cornersville does not match up with their size!!!!!!!!!!!

Their defense is against teams that cant match their size. But its not that great against teams that match up with them

Farmer my friend, whom do you think has matched up with them besides MBA???? In a different thread someone had said that Cornersville would match up with Cully do to Darnell and Stiles. Westview was a small team and like you said somewhere earlier, size does not matter. Like when you played and beat Marshall County!!!

All this crap aside, when you look at what they have done this year it is pretty good so far. (defense, that is what this thread is about).

Farmer my friend, whom do you think has matched up with them besides MBA???? In a different thread someone had said that Cornersville would match up with Cully do to Darnell and Stiles. Westview was a small team and like you said somewhere earlier, size does not matter. Like when you played and beat Marshall County!!!

All this crap aside, when you look at what they have done this year it is pretty good so far. (defense, that is what this thread is about).

no doubt that their defense is good! i said that darnell and styles matches up with 2 of their players not the whole team! it would be interestin to see them play a team that matches size, speed, and athletic ability!lets say like a manassas or humbolt. thats the point i was trying to make.

no doubt that their defense is good! i said that darnell and styles matches up with 2 of their players not the whole team! it would be interestin to see them play a team that matches size, speed, and athletic ability!lets say like a manassas or humbolt. thats the point i was trying to make.

No doubt!! The only team I have seen match up size wise was MBA.

Read my post idiot!!!!!! Cornersville does not match up with their size!!!!!!!!!!!

Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't you say,and i qoute, "The reason they will give cully trouble is that stiles is not afraid to take it to the rim no matter who is in the paint! As for darnell he will use his strengt to score points and not rely on his height to score points like the twins do"

Now granted the rest of the team dosen't match up well at all but judging by your past statements one would think those two would be able to tear cully's D apart. Just admit that the Culleoka Warriors have one of the best overall defences in the state.

You must be joking!!!! They gave up 20 or 21 in the 4th. 6 in the 1st, 9 in the 2nd, and 9 in the 3rd. I was not there but I would guess the freshmen played the 4th like they have all year. So if the starters play the whole game you would get on here and blast them for that!!!! But to say"is this the beginning of the end for Cully" must be a joke. Or are you just starting trouble????? This was a 20 point win. this is right up there with your comment about "sputtering" to a 30 point win".

Tuesday should be fun.

Everyone around Culleoka is expecting big things from this team. They expect them to beat everyone by 20 points or worse. I expect them to handle teams they should handle. I look at how they play against bad teams more than good teams. They don't have that killer instinct. They led the whole game probably. I know for a fact the JV did not get an at all!! I also know there was foul trouble. If they can't stop other teams because of foul trouble, is their defense actually that good. I think Culleoka has a good defense. Their coach makes sure of that. I just wanted to know how Santa Fe got 28 in the second half. I have talked to a long time Santa Fe fan and they said the Culleoka press was not as intense as it usaully is. They said Santa Fe was able to break the press with ease. If Culleoka wants to earn its spot at the Murphy Center, they have to stay intense and keep good teams in the 30's. Summertown and Collinwood are good scoring teams. I don't think Culleoka can score with them.

Culleoka must really on its defense to create some quick scoring opportunities!! They need to get back to smothering teams with presses and traps!! I would say that will be Coach Slatten's point of focus for the next two weeks!!