Silverdale defeats Grace

THELEGEND

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not there so I can't say for sure, but I have talked to several fans that were in attendance.

I know Patrick was in early foul trouble. He only had 2 points for the entire game.

Also, I know Grace missed several free throws and shot a pretty low percentage from the field.

Taylor Wilson had a chance to win it at the buzzer of regulation, but he missed a layup/high percentage shot...Don't know if he was open or if it was contested or what...

Silverdale probably played with a lot of passion...Grace beat them by almost 70 points back in December so they probably felt like they had something to prove...even with that incentive they are nowhere near as talented as Grace

I was very surprised when I heard about this loss for the Eagles...but better to lose to them now than in the Tournaments

A totally inexusable loss for Grace. With all their talent they should be a contender for a state championship. Silverdale is way down this year and should not be able to beat Grace's 2nd string.

Congrats to Silverdale.

You're right! No excuses! Same thing happened to Grace's baseball team, but we know how that ended! I think Grace will come together to finish strong. (With an emphasis on TOGETHER) They better if they want to win!

Congrats to Silverdale on a big win!

You're right! No excuses! Same thing happened to Grace's baseball team, but we know how that ended! I think Grace will come together to finish strong. (With an emphasis on TOGETHER) They better if they want to win!

Congrats to Silverdale on a big win!

Grace needs to start playing like a team if they are going to beat temple or csas in the region. Why not feed patrick everytime and let the offense run through him? Its amazing what happens when you give the ball to a talented big man such as Patrick...Herman wouldnt have to force a shot because he would be so open. 6'8 or 6'9 is tough to guard...especially in Single A.

Grace needs to start playing like a team if they are going to beat temple or csas in the region. Why not feed patrick everytime and let the offense run through him? Its amazing what happens when you give the ball to a talented big man such as Patrick...Herman wouldnt have to force a shot because he would be so open. 6'8 or 6'9 is tough to guard...especially in Single A.

It's not quite that simple. Teams pack their defenses down on him and refs don't call the fouls that happen when he gets hacked to death. As a result you have to hit shots to pull the defense away from him. Then it is much easier to feed the post. Until officials start calling the constant fouling that happens people will continue to say that Grace's guards are selfish. However, multiple officials have made comments this year like, "He's so big he should be able to handle that." It's still a foul.

It's not quite that simple. Teams pack their defenses down on him and refs don't call the fouls that happen when he gets hacked to death. As a result you have to hit shots to pull the defense away from him. Then it is much easier to feed the post. Until officials start calling the constant fouling that happens people will continue to say that Grace's guards are selfish. However, multiple officials have made comments this year like, "He's so big he should be able to handle that." It's still a foul.

I have seen multiple times where Shaugnessy has had his man sealed so bad and they dont throw him the ball. Instead they take a contested shot. It happens all the time. Don't boohoo about foul calls. He is big enough to take it up on anybody in his region. Even so, if they are triple teaming him why is he taking it up? He should throw it opposite side of the court to the open man then repost or his teammate takes an open shot.

I have seen multiple times where Shaugnessy has had his man sealed so bad and they dont throw him the ball. Instead they take a contested shot. It happens all the time. Don't boohoo about foul calls. He is big enough to take it up on anybody in his region. Even so, if they are triple teaming him why is he taking it up? He should throw it opposite side of the court to the open man then repost or his teammate takes an open shot.

Grace's problem for many years now has been their lack of team chemistry. Even those years they made it to the state finals they still did not play as a cohesive unit. We can talk about lack of foul calls all we want, but Grace had the same issues when McMasters was there. Their players are underutilized, period. If you have two Division I caliber big men plus a Division I caliber guard and you can't make it out of your region in A ball in Tennessee, something is horribly, horribly wrong. It is not like they lost to White Station or anything. They have had way more individual talent the past two years than Temple has, however, Temple utilizes their talent much better and plays a lot smarter (and harder). Desire and good coaching make up for a lot in basketball.

Grace's problem for many years now has been their lack of team chemistry. Even those years they made it to the state finals they still did not play as a cohesive unit. We can talk about lack of foul calls all we want, but Grace had the same issues when McMasters was there. Their players are underutilized, period. If you have two Division I caliber big men plus a Division I caliber guard and you can't make it out of your region in A ball in Tennessee, something is horribly, horribly wrong. It is not like they lost to White Station or anything. They have had way more individual talent the past two years than Temple has, however, Temple utilizes their talent much better and plays a lot smarter (and harder). Desire and good coaching make up for a lot in basketball.

I disagree, strongly.

Temple beat Grace by 15 so apparently Temple wanted it bad and plays harder. Temple basketball hasnt been beaten by Silverdale like Grace so maybe Temple is a better and always will be a better team then Grace!

Just my opinion!

Maybe so. I'll give you that, since you're baseball team is not and neither is your football... oh wait, I forgot!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I disagree, strongly.

Look, I did not mean that comment as a knock on Temple, rather as a knock on Grace and their (lack of) coaching. I did not mean that Temple is a bunch of scrubs- I think Sexton is individually better than anyone Grace has. However, over the past few years, Grace has had more overall talent as a team. Did that make them better? No, not at all.

Grace's problem is not talent- if this game was all about talent, Grace would be playing for a state title every season. However, I was trying to point out that Grace's coaching and lack of team play hurts them every season. Again, three future DI players, two of them over 6-9, should have no problem walking over the competition in A ball to Murfreesboro and competing for a title. The same could be said of this season. They have PLENTY of talent. The problem lies in the fact that they run no offense and have some players take an inordinate amount of shots they should not be taking.

Just my opinion. Feel free to disagree, as some already have...