District 9-A

ecu

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened during the Community-MTCS game? Understand it got ugly.

The game got a little chippy as MTCS players are more aggressive that CHS players. The Ref crew was not composed of the most respected officials in the area and they did not get control of the game until it was almost over. One of the CHS players suffered a fractured nose from a swinging MTCS elbow.

CHS was unable to connect on most of their shots as they ended up shooting a frigid 19%.

The game got a little chippy as MTCS players are more aggressive that CHS players. The Ref crew was not composed of the most respected officials in the area and they did not get control of the game until it was almost over. One of the CHS players suffered a fractured nose from a swinging MTCS elbow.

CHS was unable to connect on most of their shots as they ended up shooting a frigid 19%.

Community keeps it tight if they JUST hit their lay ups alone. The Vikqs played well enough to win that game they had many many open looks at the basket including inside and outside.....I think I read they went 1- 15 or something from 3 point land. Sad. MTCS did not play the defense that the score shows, really. MTCS kept a lot of balls alive by going over the back on defensive rebounds and were never called by the officals. It got old and a few of the girls were hot about it. Some elbows were thrown earlier in the game not just the one that landed on the nose of a Community player there were alot of girls were on the floor too throughout the game .

I have always said that if you have the bench....you can play a more aggressive game and get the win, I think the refs finally get tired of calling all the fouls they see and eventually the more aggressive team gets the advantage.

It will be war when Forrest and MTCS meet for the third time this yr for the TITLE... good luck to both.

Lady Cougars can beat Forest, but if they do tonight it remains to be seen. I guess we'll see at about 7:30 tonight at Eagleville. The Lady Cougars beat anybody if they play their game. They have to play TEAM BALL in order to win against the really strong teams. Tonight with Forest will be another great game between these two teams, as they have had some hard fought games in the past few years with this game being no different. These two teams are the "BEST" of District 9A. So should make for an exciting night of basketball to watch tonight at Eagleville High School. Best of Luck to both teams and may the BEST team win. GO LADY COUGARS!! Let's bring the "Championship" back to MTCS.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

MTCS in an upset. Community over VB.

Nope....Forrest will come out strong tonight. It is very difficult to beat a team of MTCS's quality every time you play them, they are an excellent team....but....Forrest will be ready and will get the BIG WIN!!!! Good luck to all teams tonight....the VB, Community game will be a great one too. GO LADY ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!

Lady Cougars can beat Forest, but if they do tonight it remains to be seen. I guess we'll see at about 7:30 tonight at Eagleville. The Lady Cougars beat anybody if they play their game. They have to play TEAM BALL in order to win against the really strong teams. Tonight with Forest will be another great game between these two teams, as they have had some hard fought games in the past few years with this game being no different. These two teams are the "BEST" of District 9A. So should make for an exciting night of basketball to watch tonight at Eagleville High School. Best of Luck to both teams and may the BEST team win. GO LADY COUGARS!! Let's bring the "Championship" back to MTCS.

I agree these two teams are what high school basketball is all about.....well coached, talented players, desire to win, great kids and a BLAST to watch...and two intense fan bases screaming their support!!! Gotta go watch the VB, Community game as that should be a close one too...... Good Luck and play injury free....see ya at the gym!

One of the CHS players suffered a fractured nose from a swinging MTCS elbow.

The fact that the young lady was injured was unfortunate. However, that "swinging MTCS elbow" was not intentional. It was an intense, aggressive game, and I will say there were definitely some no-calls that occurred, but I can honestly say the young lady who fractured the other young lady's nose was in no way swinging the elbows with the intent to injure her. She plays that intense all the time, I don't think she has a low gear. And unfortunately, injuries occur. I am in no way implying your post was malicious, but I did want to point that out.

I think both games tonight will be great basketball to watch, and I feel like next week's region looks good for the 9A side of the district if we all play our games. Good luck to all. GO COUGARS!

MTCS or Forrest could win this game.... (man I'm sounding like Madden /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> )

The key will the the shooting. Forrest does things defensively that can cause problems for MTCS. I'm not sure the Lady Cougars can cause constant problems defensively for Forrest. I think the coaching edge goes to Forrest. The crowd will probably go Forrest's way. The officiating is a crap shoot either way. The matchups are the key. If MTCS can/will "run" the floor they have a chance. Playing half court ball Lady Rockets win big time.