Purple Rain

winstonblue

One prediction: Monterey bounces back from last season.

I would hope so. They had absolutely no leadership last year at all. They relied on Caleb Miller to come through for them but things didnt go as planned and no one else stepped in. They will have several good players returning next year who should fill the void for leadership. I'm sure Heady is working his butt off everyday in the off season to get MHS back to par.

• 1 month later...

First off, I really like Coach Heady and think he has done a great job with the program! That being said I also heard that there are a great many people in Wildcat land that are not happy with his decision to transfer his daughter to Clarkrange to play basketball and that some of the boys are not going to play for him because of this. Some were quoted as saying that if Monterey is not good enough for his daughter to play for then why should we buy into any thing he has to say about the football team being a family and sticking together when he doesn't think the school is good enough for his daughter to attend. Again, I'm all for Billy and the work he has put in is second to none, but you have to lead by example and if Monterey is not good enough for his own kid then why should we bust our butts doing summer weight lifting, running and conditioning for a coach that thinks the athletic programs are not good enough for his own child to play for. Billy, I hope you don;t get angry at me for bringing this up but I have had more than 20 people bring this up to me. I know that I left and coached at a rival school and my son play for that rival school but people understood that I lived in this community and have been living here for the past 22 years. I just don;t understand how you could do that to a school that you graduated from and that was paying your salary to coach and represent. Was getting your child a state championship that important? I hope it was because from what I understand a lot of townspeople has withdrawn their support and a lot of players have stopped buying into your idea of how the football team is a family and they don't feel that they can count on you anymore. I hope you win every game next season but I afraid we are going to see a repeat of 2008. The following things that I have posted are felt by a lot of townsfolk they just won't say it to your face. I just hope you don't mad at me because I'm just telling you what I have been told and am hearing it from a great many people.

I think your way out of line for posting this. If you were so concerned, why didn't you call coach Heady instead of bringing it up on the T. What if he had sent his kids to a private school and their Basketball team stunk, would this have been brought up ?? Regardless I think coach Heady and staff will continue to work hard in trying to get this program back up after a down year.

• 2 weeks later...

First off, I really like Coach Heady and think he has done a great job with the program! That being said I also heard that there are a great many people in Wildcat land that are not happy with his decision to transfer his daughter to Clarkrange to play basketball and that some of the boys are not going to play for him because of this. Some were quoted as saying that if Monterey is not good enough for his daughter to play for then why should we buy into any thing he has to say about the football team being a family and sticking together when he doesn't think the school is good enough for his daughter to attend. Again, I'm all for Billy and the work he has put in is second to none, but you have to lead by example and if Monterey is not good enough for his own kid then why should we bust our butts doing summer weight lifting, running and conditioning for a coach that thinks the athletic programs are not good enough for his own child to play for. Billy, I hope you don;t get angry at me for bringing this up but I have had more than 20 people bring this up to me. I know that I left and coached at a rival school and my son play for that rival school but people understood that I lived in this community and have been living here for the past 22 years. I just don;t understand how you could do that to a school that you graduated from and that was paying your salary to coach and represent. Was getting your child a state championship that important? I hope it was because from what I understand a lot of townspeople has withdrawn their support and a lot of players have stopped buying into your idea of how the football team is a family and they don't feel that they can count on you anymore. I hope you win every game next season but I afraid we are going to see a repeat of 2008. The following things that I have posted are felt by a lot of townsfolk they just won't say it to your face. I just hope you don't mad at me because I'm just telling you what I have been told and am hearing it from a great many people.

You sir are a certified idiot.

Surprise someone on coach T posting rumors "from a great many people". Ever wonder why the players played for him this year? If this were true he would have already had a defection. This is bogus- want the scoop call Bill and get the right story.

• 2 weeks later...

I assure you, the community is beind coach Heady 100% and has moved on. He made a decision that he thought was the best for his daughter. It was a personal family decision. It hurt some feelings, but get over it. Congratulations to Molly and Clarkrange on their championship run. We are moving on, and we will see how the players respond soon enough. We have a lot of positions to fill, but there are plenty of boys working hard to turn it around. I am anxious to see how they bounce back.

• 5 months later...