Franklin/Columbia

fhsTE84

Posted by fhsTE84:

Thoughts? Comments?

This should be a great game. Two talented teams that have no love loss for each other!

Does Philip Williams still play for FHS? I coached him when he was in youth football many years ago! Man he was fast back then, I bet he can really fly now! :o

Posted by ELA:
Posted by fhsTE84:

Thoughts? Comments?

This should be a great game. Two talented teams that have no love loss for each other!

Does Philip Williams still play for FHS? I coached him when he was in youth football many years ago! Man he was fast back then, I bet he can really fly now! :)

No, after having a standout season last year, Phillip walked on at MTSU where he says he could end up with some decent play time. He's still a great guy and comes to visit all the time. I think he'll be at the Franklin/Blackman game but im not totally sure. ill post it when i find out

Franklin 45-14 over Columbia. Franklin had trouble stopping Colunbia's Fred Sparkman

but Josh Refugee was 10 for 12 in the first half. Ryan Nichols coming off ACL Surgery showed

everyone that his speed is back as he outran the Columbia defense for an 85 yd pass completion and the TD to put Franklin up 21-7. Nichols caught 4 for 109 yds in the first

half. The bend but not break defense was lead by free safety Brad Christian, linebacker

Cody Green and lineman Quintan Lane. They never ran out of gas and made all the right plays

all night long. Chase Crawford got his second interception of the year!