D-II Duals

In Hoc Signo Vinces

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope- BA beat the EBE 40-30. All the details are on the TSSAA website.

Semi-Finals

Brentwood Academy vs Father Ryan and Baylor vs Christian Brothers High School

Father Ryan 67 over St. Benedict 12

125 - Dylan Wright (Ryan) p. Trevor Jenkins (St. Ben) 1:01

130 - Brian Murphy (Ryan) t.f. Ben McCraw (St. Ben) 16-1

135 - Joshua Austell (Ryan) p. Greg Stratman (St. Ben) 1:00

140 - Matt Brewer (Ryan) p. John Reber (St. Ben) 0:47

145 - Nick Bateman (Ryan) d. Michael Maginn (St. Ben) 6-3

152 - Christopher Marchetti (Ryan) p. Slay Shouse (St. Ben) 0:35

160 - Brandon Ward (Ryan) wins by forfeit

171 - Victor Wesley (Ryan) wins by forfeit

189 - Will Mix (Ryan) p. Jeff Lamer (St. Ben) 2:44

215 - Cary Norcross (Ryan) wins by forfeit

285 - Andrew Severson (St. Ben) p. Taylor Obi (Ryan) 1:39

103 - Mikey Bascom (St. Ben) p. Michael Howden (Ryan)

112 - Cole Mosley (Ryan) t.f. James Bond (St. Ben) 30-2

119 - Anthony Simpson (Ryan) p. Hunter Black (St. Ben) 3:00

Brentwood Academy 40 over McCallie 30

125 - Daniel McClure (McC) d. Zeno Dupree (BA) 6-1

130 - Hunt Jennings (McC) wins by forfeit

135 - Michael Hooker (McC) p. Thomas McClellan (BA) 4:12

140 - Todd Brannon (BA) d. Prescott Stone (McC) 6-2

145 - Justin Cash (BA) p. T.J. Duncan (McC) 4:59

152 - Chase Martino (McC) d. William Ball (BA) 10-5

160 - Michael Proctor (BA) p. Blake Henry (McC) 6:00

171 - Nate Condrey (McC) m.d. Justin Moore (BA) 9-1

189 - Jordan Baron (BA) d. Haydon Cronan (McC) 5-4

215 - Edward Brasher (BA) p. Alex Moore (McC) 3:59

285 - Ryan Carrethers (BA) p. Connor McElhenry (McC) 0:38

103 - Carlos Calloway (BA) p. Alex Ward (McC) 4:53

112 - Tim Westbrook (McC) p. Clyde Boswell (BA) 2:10

119 - Kendell Ray (McC) p. Timothy Mwizerwa (BA) 1:08

Christian Brothers 45 over Montgomery Bell Academy 12

125 - Alex Johnson (CBHS) m.d. Jeffery Francis (MBA) 10-2

130 - Mick Anthony (CBHS) d. Mark Simpson (MBA) 7-5

135 - Zach Hanniford (CBHS) t.f. John Donlon (MBA) 15-0

140 - Zach Johnson (CBHS) p. Matt Bellet (MBA) 1:56

145 - Brian Feltus (CBHS) m.d. Davis Hunt (MBA) 8-0

152 - Nathan Rupiper (CBHS) t.f. Lyle Garret (MBA) 19-3

160 - Daniel Todd (MBA) d. Tony Downs (CBHS) 8-2

171 - Matt Thomas (CBHS) p. John Floyd (MBA) 1:45

189 - Max Jarrell (MBA) d. Jake Holmes (CBHS) 4-1

215 - Aaron Barrett (MBA) d. Sam Posey (CBHS) 4-3

285 - Alex Wilkinson (CBHS) p. Jordan Stauffer (MBA) 0:53

103 - Matt Johnson (CBHS) d. Matt Davidson (MBA) 6-2

112 - Kyle Ross (CBHS) d. Daniel Bellet (MBA) 2-0

119 - John Bellet (MBA) d. Blake Hataway (CBHS) 4-2

Baylor 68 over MUS 12

125 - Alex Manley (Bay) p. Eli Goldstein (MUS) 1:06

130 - Stuart Doster (Bay) p. Markus Williams (MUS) 1:43

135 - Robert Folk (MUS) p. James Werner (Bay) 4:46

140 - Matthew Cate (Bay) d. Andrew Maroda (MUS) 8-3

145 - Chanse Hayes (Bay) p. River Morris (MUS) 2:42

152 - Spencer Craig (Bay) wins by forfeit

160 - Battle Glascock (Bay) p. Kyle Brown (MUS) 1:33

171 - Matt Ferguson (Bay) p. Jim Moore (MUS) 1:09

189 - David Helton (Bay) t.f. Jon Mitchell (MUS) 15-0

215 - John Mackey (Bay) p. Harrison Martin (MUS) 0:40

285 - Barrett Gouger (Bay) p. Bo Hale (MUS) 2:40

103 - John Eady (Bay) p. Chris Morgan (MUS) 3:31

112 - William Reid (MUS) p. Patrick Bryant (Bay) 1:44

119 - Zach Watson (Bay) p. Carson House (MUS) 1:29

Congratulations to Baylor tonight over Ryan.. Clearly the better team.

However, what has to be the best quote of the tournament was during the finals match.. Ryan's Austell decisioned Cate(?) of Baylor and after the match, a Baylor mother turns to a Ryan fan and says something to the effect of, "So did he not wrestle down because he was afraid of Trey? (Stavrum). Well to answer that---- Uh, ACTUALLY ill-informed Baylor mom, Austell has wrestled 135 all season long AND has actually beaten Stavrum several times in his career. He wrestled 40 because Coach S. felt it gave them the best chance. Don't worry he'll be 135 at Individuals. So to answer her question, NO, Mr. Austell would not be afraid to wrestle Stavrum. Maybe (actually it would be a Probably) he would've wrestled him and beaten him again.. Although, it's ok Cate's mom, your son still wrestled a great match. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congrats to Baylor, very well done.

However, what has to be the best quote of the tournament was during the finals match.. Ryan's Austell decisioned Cate(?) of Baylor and after the match, a Baylor mother turns to a Ryan fan and says something to the effect of, "So did he not wrestle down because he was afraid of Trey? (Stavrum). Well to answer that---- Uh, ACTUALLY ill-informed Baylor mom, Austell has wrestled 135 all season long AND has actually beaten Stavrum several times in his career. He wrestled 40 because Coach S. felt it gave them the best chance. Don't worry he'll be 135 at Individuals. So to answer her question, NO, Mr. Austell would not be afraid to wrestle Stavrum. Maybe (actually it would be a Probably) he would've wrestled him and beaten him again.. Although, it's ok Cate's mom, your son still wrestled a great match. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You know, MWR, everyone wrestled well, including Austell, including Cates , etc. You seem to want to rub everyone's face in something, what is your affiliation with Father Ryan? Are you a former state champ, do you have a son who was one? What do you do these days except spew this senseless dribble from your safe habitat online? You seem miserable and definitely meanspirited, and I think you need to get a clue and either do something constructive or crawl back or slither back into your pathetic hole. Let the wrestlers and those affililated with them enjoy what they do, and quit embarassing yourself and Father Ryan....they are the ones doing the heavy lifting, and you are a hanger-on acting out.

You know, MWR, everyone wrestled well, including Austell, including Cates , etc. You seem to want to rub everyone's face in something, what is your affiliation with Father Ryan? Are you a former state champ, do you have a son who was one? What do you do these days except spew this senseless dribble from your safe habitat online? You seem miserable and definitely meanspirited, and I think you need to get a clue and either do something constructive or crawl back or slither back into your pathetic hole. Let the wrestlers and those affililated with them enjoy what they do, and quit embarassing yourself and Father Ryan....they are the ones doing the heavy lifting, and you are a hanger-on acting out.

No, Navy the same could be said of you. Nothing would ever have been posted, but when a baylor fan has to "rub" it in when Ryan fans cheer for one of the few wins they achieved, is when I'm going to say something. the match was already secured anyways. I think I actually mentioned that he wrestled well. What would you suggest to be constructive?? Get on threads and post when I have nothing to do with them like yourself??

ANYWAYS, congrats to Baylor once again. Nothing but studs and it appears they will continue to reign in the coming years. I do wish a match between themsleves and Bradley would happen, so that they may represent the D-II well.

Good luck to all wrestlers at Individuals...........(even the BA ones /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> )

Go IRISH

No, Navy the same could be said of you. Nothing would ever have been posted, but when a baylor fan has to "rub" it in when Ryan fans cheer for one of the few wins they achieved, is when I'm going to say something. the match was already secured anyways. I think I actually mentioned that he wrestled well. What would you suggest to be constructive?? Get on threads and post when I have nothing to do with them like yourself??

ANYWAYS, congrats to Baylor once again. Nothing but studs and it appears they will continue to reign in the coming years. I do wish a match between themsleves and Bradley would happen, so that they may represent the D-II well.

Good luck to all wrestlers at Individuals...........(even the BA ones /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> )

How in the heck are you hearing what the Baylor parents are saying? Let them enjoy what they are doing. Let the Ryan folks enjoy what they are doing... who really gives a crap , the match is over. This is about you harboring some weird resentment from past/present...get over it..by the way, I was eight years old once, and I know the game that kids play where you say "well you did it, too"...

You did ask me a question, so I will answer it. IF the Baylor fan said anything like that, they are thinking about their own situation, NOT dissing Ryan or the wrestler, and that is their business, not mine. What would be constructive would be to not assume, like I have a chip on my shoulder, that they are dissing a venerable program, and to truly mean that you wish the warriors well, that is all that matters. This is not about you or me, REPEAT, this is not about you and me...

By the way, I wish D! and D2 the best, because it is about the wrestlers, not about the jamokes who post...we may or may not be friends, which originally was my hope, pal

Go IRISH

I agree, MWR nearly always has something to whine about when Father Ryan does not win. It was a mom for goodness sake. Let her think what she want's. MWR is simply a typical FR fan. I'm just glad Blackman spanked their little purple rear ends. I just wish I had been there to see it! And, don't come back with a Blackman bust. You will only prove our point.

I think the best quote of the tournament was Cate getting a horrible call in that match,,,or better yet,,,Tyler Watson getting hit for stalling..!?

No worries!!! All Baylor moms are ill-informed,,,,hense the annual pilgrimage to FR for wrestling knowledge and etiquette.

CC

I think the best quote of the tournament was Cate getting a horrible call in that match,,,or better yet,,,Tyler Watson getting hit for stalling..!?

No worries!!! All Baylor moms are ill-informed,,,,hense the annual pilgrimage to FR for wrestling knowledge and etiquette.

CC

That was a close call with the call in the Cate match.. Very very good job for a freshman, he could have very easily taken the match to overtime, and that was a poor call for stalling against Watson. That was a very boring match though/

That was a close call with the call in the Cate match.. Very very good job for a freshman, he could have very easily taken the match to overtime, and that was a poor call for stalling against Watson. That was a very boring match though/

You know, without singling out the refs, the stalling was once again inconsistent, which it always seems to be, with sometimes a second warning call then a point within 15 seconds....one call was when a half was shot and working... must be a tough job, but goodness gracious, try to be consistent..when a guy is getting worked over and can't move his legs/arms, what are you supposed to do, pin yourself? Seems like some of the refs decided beforehand to ref it a certain way (no stalling) and kinda stuck with that plan..to their credit, they were mindful of the bonus points...in other words, they reffed one way, then cooled it when the match points were on the line.... for a major or what not..maybe it is a hard job...

MWR might have too much class to say anything about Blackman, but I dont. Watching Blackman fans makes me want to go read a book. How did Blackman do at state?? Blackman was not even involved in this, so keep them out of it. Go back to your DI board.

maybe you need to borrow some class from MWR. I heard blackman was without about 5 or 6 starters so they did not do to good at the duals, but they did beat the purple irish boys and the blaze wrestlers said it was fun hearing those FR boys squall!