District 13 AA

bballfan44

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RE: diamondsud10

""i would rather hang myself than listen to obion's dugout yell again and act like immature fools... russ davis has NO CLASS what so ever... they disrespect the game that i love ,and they dont deserve to be on a baseball field...""

Try visiting a softball game! Both teams yell, non stop, all game long!

This includes your Lady Chargers who do a fine job of cheering for their team to victory!

Is cheering for your team, disrespectful, reguardless of the sport? No!!!!!

Baseball should be a fun game! The players should encourage each other and the fans encourage the players.

There are no group of cheerleaders like in football or basketball that yells for these minor sports!

The disrespect for the game comes when trash talking starts. Reguardless of the sport!

Saying that a coach has "no class" or a "team does not deserve to be on a field" or an "umpire is awful"

sounds like trash talk to me!

And everybody knows what they say about trash.

Respect everybody and get you some earplugs if the encouragement distrubs you! Forget the rope!

"Respect everybody and they will respect you!"

its bush league and disrespects a great game.... yelling at kids after they strike out is not having fun... im glad that oc teaches their kids to have respect and play the game with class

its bush league and disrespects a great game.... yelling at kids after they strike out is not having fun... im glad that oc teaches their kids to have respect and play the game with class

The OC dugout yelled at no one but their own players. They did the same thing @ Martin the night before, but Westview won so no one cared. When OC won, all of a sudden it was no class and disrespecting the game. Unlike the class act Westview fan who went to the OC side of the fence and began yelling at Coach Davis. Unlike the Westview players that cursed while shaking hands after the game. And David Wray, is a decent umpire who apparently saw no problem with the dugout yelling for their own team. Bush league, whatever you think matters not. The kids had a great time calling out team mates numbers and asking for a play, then a nod. OC has a 14-16 record. They have won and lost every game with pride and dignity. Sportsmanship has not been a problem. Accept the loss. Westview should have been swept. OC lost the 1st game by their own errors. If cheering for your own team is classless, then i wouldn't want these kids to have any class.

OC has a class program that has battled to be competitive. You can dislike the coach, the school or the kids. Fact remains the OC kids were into the game and Westview dugout was quiet. If that disrespects the game, so be it.

The OC dugout yelled at no one but their own players. They did the same thing @ Martin the night before, but Westview won so no one cared. When OC won, all of a sudden it was no class and disrespecting the game. Unlike the class act Westview fan who went to the OC side of the fence and began yelling at Coach Davis. Unlike the Westview players that cursed while shaking hands after the game. And David Wray, is a decent umpire who apparently saw no problem with the dugout yelling for their own team. Bush league, whatever you think matters not. The kids had a great time calling out team mates numbers and asking for a play, then a nod. OC has a 14-16 record. They have won and lost every game with pride and dignity. Sportsmanship has not been a problem. Accept the loss. Westview should have been swept. OC lost the 1st game by their own errors. If cheering for your own team is classless, then i wouldn't want these kids to have any class.

OC has a class program that has battled to be competitive. You can dislike the coach, the school or the kids. Fact remains the OC kids were into the game and Westview dugout was quiet. If that disrespects the game, so be it.

I don't recall OC being "class-less" at our game. They yelled or clapped, but that's typical. Not sure if this David Wray is the guy or not, but one of the umpires from the Obion County area likes to "advise" players while on the field and I've heard him telling coaches what they should or shouldn't do. Kinda odd, but oh well. Do think he should stick to umpiring and stop trying to coach. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I don't recall OC being "class-less" at our game. They yelled or clapped, but that's typical. Not sure if this David Wray is the guy or not, but one of the umpires from the Obion County area likes to "advise" players while on the field and I've heard him telling coaches what they should or shouldn't do. Kinda odd, but oh well. Do think he should stick to umpiring and stop trying to coach. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

No, David Wray is from Lake County. The umpire you're referring to is Traverse, from Union City. And we have had several run ins with him trying to coach instead of umpiring. You know the old saying: Those that can, play - Those that can't, coach - Those that can't do either, umpire! Most do a decent job, but that one doesn't know his job.

The yelling against Westview was the same as OC did against DC, only louder. The dug out was fired up and trying to keep the players in the game. They only yelled at OC players. They called out a team mates number, and then called for a nod from that player (acknowledgement like a MLB player). The kids got into it, especially after a good play or hit. I think it was very effective in keeping the Rebels motivated through the game. There was nothing disrespectful or class-less involved in it. Had there been, umpire David Wray would have dealt with it. He has umpired some of our games before and although he has a big strike zone, he takes charge and controls the game. He wouldn't put up with anything not in line.

As far as your son, that kid has tremendous pop in his bat for his size. The HR's he hit at OC were back breakers. OC managed to keep him 0-4 the next day, but he was killer in the 1st game. As with most good teams, someone different steps up each day. Luck to DC and hope to meet again in districts.

RE: diamondsud10

""i would rather hang myself than listen to obion's dugout yell again and act like immature fools... russ davis has NO CLASS what so ever... they disrespect the game that i love ,and they dont deserve to be on a baseball field...""

Try visiting a softball game! Both teams yell, non stop, all game long!

This includes your Lady Chargers who do a fine job of cheering for their team to victory!

Is cheering for your team, disrespectful, reguardless of the sport? No!!!!!

Baseball should be a fun game! The players should encourage each other and the fans encourage the players.

There are no group of cheerleaders like in football or basketball that yells for these minor sports!

The disrespect for the game comes when trash talking starts. Reguardless of the sport!

Saying that a coach has "no class" or a "team does not deserve to be on a field" or an "umpire is awful"

sounds like trash talk to me!

And everybody knows what they say about trash.

Respect everybody and get you some earplugs if the encouragement distrubs you! Forget the rope!

"Respect everybody and they will respect you!"

have you not sat at an obion game? they're not cheering. its complete trash talk. in between innings if an infielder bobbles a ball they go crazy makin fun of that player. its disrespect.

its bull if you believe OC has class...there are respectable players on the team..but then you have ones who show no respect to the game by targeting players between innings...thats where OC was classless...supporting and yelling for your own players is fine with me but when you start pulling some of that crap OC did between innings taunting players then you show no respect to the game at all...sorry to the few respectable players on OC who are getting a bad rep from these classless rebels in the dugout....by way that wasnt right either for the parent to go over to the other side they should just stay out of it

have you not sat at an obion game? they're not cheering. its complete trash talk. in between innings if an infielder bobbles a ball they go crazy makin fun of that player. its disrespect.

I have and never heard trash talk. I know one of their coaches, well, my husband does and I really don't think he would allow it to continue.....if it was in deed trash talk. Everyone claps or cheers when their player gets a break on an error. It's not making fun of the player that made the error, just glad he continued to run thru first and got on base. It's called "on base percentage" it counts. Have you not ever clapped when the outfielder dropped a fly ball? When it's you/your kid/your player?

Please don't misunderstand, I do not approve of trash talk, I've just not ever heard it from the OC bench or their croud. You want to hear trash talk, just listen to Milan fans or USJ fans AND FOR THE RECORD THEY ARE NOT ALL THAT WAY!!! Only heard 3-4 from Milan and about the same from USJ. And I'm sure DC, Dyersburg, OC, CC, Westview, etc. all have a few of that bellow louder than they should.

GOOD LUCK TO DISTRICT 13AA AND MY CHOCTAW BOYS!!!!

No, David Wray is from Lake County. The umpire you're referring to is Traverse, from Union City. And we have had several run ins with him trying to coach instead of umpiring. You know the old saying: Those that can, play - Those that can't, coach - Those that can't do either, umpire! Most do a decent job, but that one doesn't know his job.

The yelling against Westview was the same as OC did against DC, only louder. The dug out was fired up and trying to keep the players in the game. They only yelled at OC players. They called out a team mates number, and then called for a nod from that player (acknowledgement like a MLB player). The kids got into it, especially after a good play or hit. I think it was very effective in keeping the Rebels motivated through the game. There was nothing disrespectful or class-less involved in it. Had there been, umpire David Wray would have dealt with it. He has umpired some of our games before and although he has a big strike zone, he takes charge and controls the game. He wouldn't put up with anything not in line.

As far as your son, that kid has tremendous pop in his bat for his size. The HR's he hit at OC were back breakers. OC managed to keep him 0-4 the next day, but he was killer in the 1st game. As with most good teams, someone different steps up each day. Luck to DC and hope to meet again in districts.

Thank you for your comment! He used someone else's bat and he has luck with it everytime. His dad and I told him he needed to be using he own bat that we spent a lot of money on......he did and hasn't gotten a hit since. Think we'll go back to the other bat. WANT TO BUY A BAT? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

its bull if you believe OC has class...there are respectable players on the team..but then you have ones who show no respect to the game by targeting players between innings...thats where OC was classless...supporting and yelling for your own players is fine with me but when you start pulling some of that crap OC did between innings taunting players then you show no respect to the game at all...sorry to the few respectable players on OC who are getting a bad rep from these classless rebels in the dugout....by way that wasnt right either for the parent to go over to the other side they should just stay out of it

Just a thought, but you have to give respect to get it.....has your team been that way to them in the past? Not that it justifies, but they are kids and kids tend to give what they get. ONLY MY OPINION, but it's what I see.