OS-Clarkrange

goosevol

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time I have gotten to see the reed girl very good player should be miss basketball this year.

The best player in Class A is Christopher. She still scores 20 points per game and she's double and triple teamed. She was the best player in Class A last year and should have won Miss Basketball.

Clarkrange has an abundance of talent on it's roster. Reed benefits from that.

Christopher has to individually carry her team -especially when facing the top teams in the state like Clarkrange, Jackson County, and Webb.

Every team that faces Oliver Springs has one mission on hand- stop Christopher. While she gets double and triple team- other OSHS players have to step up. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.

When teams face Clarkrange- they have face a roster full of really good talent. Most of their players will play college ball somewhere.

Christopher is the best player in Class A. Comparing the two is comparing apples to oranges. There is a reason why the Tennessean named her as one of the top 5 players in all classifications as a junior and she's the only Class A player that was regarded as a major college prospect on ESPN.com.

Reed will have an oustanding chance to win next year. It just won't be this year.

The best player in Class A is Christopher. She still scores 20 points per game and she's double and triple teamed. She was the best player in Class A last year and should have won Miss Basketball.

Clarkrange has an abundance of talent on it's roster. Reed benefits from that.

Christopher has to individually carry her team -especially when facing the top teams in the state like Clarkrange, Jackson County, and Webb.

Every team that faces Oliver Springs has one mission on hand- stop Christopher. While she gets double and triple team- other OSHS players have to step up. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.

When teams face Clarkrange- they have face a roster full of really good talent. Most of their players will play college ball somewhere.

Christopher is the best player in Class A. Comparing the two is comparing apples to oranges. There is a reason why the Tennessean named her as one of the top 5 players in all classifications as a junior and she's the only Class A player that was regarded as a major college prospect on ESPN.com.

Reed will have an oustanding chance to win next year. It just won't be this year.

Are you people serious? Kelli Reed even in the running for Miss Basketball. Come on. All she does is shoot the basketball incredibly well. But she does do that incredibly well. She can't dribble. She passes over defenses because she's 6-foot tall, but that is a credit that she is able to pass relatively well. But she benefits because defenses honor Heady and Phillips. They look for her spotted up at the three-point line. How often does she dribble in to the basket for a shot? She'll be lucky to even play small-college basketball if her foot speed doesn't improve. She's a good Class A player. She would not be near as effective in Class AAA, because she couldn't get open. And she's not a terribly good defender either. She'll get a state championship ring, and Coach Rogers utilizes her well. But she's not even close to being one of the top players in the state. She must have had a really good game on Saturday though. Congrats to her and Clarkrange on the success and best of luck the rest of the way.

I agree with OS91 Christoper is the best player in class A and should win Miss Basketball.......I dont agree with no other players on the team very good. There are several other good players on the team ...yes they need to step it up-but it is very hard to step it up when you only on the floor for a few minutes at a time. Lets not forget the Hall girl she is very good and the team will miss her greatly next year.

Are you people serious? Kelli Reed even in the running for Miss Basketball. Come on. How often does she dribble in to the basket for a shot? She'll be lucky to even play small-college basketball if her foot speed doesn't improve. She's a good Class A player. She would not be near as effective in Class AAA, because she couldn't get open. And she's not a terribly good defender either.

She drives in all the time and gets off some pretty good shots, even with people hanging all over her. Are you serious? You probably hadn't watched much have you? And passes because of her height, what an uninformed statement. Hey you are tall, so that gives you great accuracy, vision and timing, that easy, every team should have two or three great passers then. We know why OS91 got on here and got so offended, but not sure of your motivation. I am not sure miss basketball nomination will be on her horizon, but I am sure that basketball scout will definitely not be in yours.

Kelli Reed is a great person and super player. She hung up 29 on OS and has had many big game against all classes of competition. "All she does is shoot the ball incredibly well." I think anyone that shoots the ball incredibly well will play college ball. Idiotic comment by the way. Christopher is a great talent but she was more productive last year when I thought she was the best player I had ever seen and really thought she deserved Miss B then. Don't know about this year as she's not the player she was or at least doesn't appear to be. She seems unhealthy or sick. Something is not right. Maybe she's just tired of HS basketball.

How did you do against JC Webb and Clarkrange this year? sure you can beat Wartburg, Coalfield and Oneida but not the real good teams in the state. kayla is a very good player just do not see her being miss basketball sorry.

Knight, you missed the point. I doubt that surprises many people considering you initial comments in this thread which are most likely derived from a dislike of Oliver Springs instead of one derived from common sense. It does make sense why someone from 4-a would have this dislike. Oliver Springs has dominated this district like no other team in 4-a history over the past 4 years. You shouldn't feel bad though. Oliver Springs did the same thing in 4-AA before moving down a classification.

I agree with OS91 Christoper is the best player in class A and should win Miss Basketball.......I dont agree with no other players on the team very good. There are several other good players on the team ...yes they need to step it up-but it is very hard to step it up when you only on the floor for a few minutes at a time. Lets not forget the Hall girl she is very good and the team will miss her greatly next year.

Good point Mountain. OS has some very good players on their team- especially for a Class A team. However, when playing teams like Webb ( 2 division 1 signees ( UT and Rice from CUSA) and other college caliber players), Clarkrange ( 4-6 college caliber kids), it seems the OS players don't step up as they do against other teams like Wartburg, Coalfield, and other teams they steamroll.

It does seem OS has played better in the 2nd half of the season against the elite teams which shows come tourney time they are capable of making a serious run.