East Hickman Eagles

EastAdvocate

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote name='easteaglemom17' date='Mar 3 2009 - 11:37 AM' post='827050058']

Are you going to quit?

easteaglemom17, I fully intend to be coaching this fall. Whether that is at East Hickman or at another school remains to be seen. There is always an element of the unknown when you have a coaching change. A lot of it will depend on who is brought in as the new head coach. Most coaches like to be able to put together their own staff and I respect that. I can't speculate on what my future will be at his time. I will tell you like we have told the young men in our program, the one thing for certain is that East Hickman will face a challenging schedule next year and we are going to continue to do everything in our power to prepare for it. No one has brought us together to explain what the next step is or to name an interim. So we will keep doing what we do until the new coach is named and can decide what direction he wants to go. Right now, as much normalcy as possible is what is in the best interest of the players. I will worry about my coaching future when the time comes.

Disgruntled is a word that best describes the people that have blasted the coaches at every opportunity....... Disappointed best describes my thoughts at this time........ I arrived at East with great expectations of being able to help start a program from scratch, build traditions and work with a class coaching staff that put the important things in perspective beyond just having the goal of winning games. In football, as in life........ you do the little things right and the big things take care of themselves. The administration stated that they wanted those things as well, so it seemed like a golden opportunity. I knew that building a program would not be easy, but I had watched first hand as Sycamore High School got up and running. I stood across the sideline from Creek Wood High School and saw what type of competitors that they were producing and knew that it was not an impossible feat. What I didn't expect was the backlash and lack of support from some members of the community. Being a part of the tradition at White House High and having the opportunity to coach at Sycamore high School definitely spoils one when it comes to parent support!

Now, people don't coach for public approval........ I coach because I am passionate about watching young men reach their full potential. The game of football, when executed properly is a great vehicle to prepare young men for life. But I am smart enough to realize that over time a continuous lack of support is counter productive. Does that make me wrong?...... maybe, does that make you wrong?.......maybe. What it does mean for sure is that what we want as coaches and what the community wants appears to be different.

Oh .. I forgot . I have to copy and paste a copy of baldies dissatisfaction letter to Dr. Nash.

Your statement speaks volumes about what we have faced at East.......... Got a problem....... don't talk to the source take it straight to the top! There is no chain of command...... The "baldie" comment is a bit immature though don't you think....... this is a public forum, filled with opinions......you are entitled to one, as am I. I have no problem with you sending this to Dr. Nash or anyone else for that matter. Maybe he should take the time to find out what is going on from a coaches point of view........

I don't hide behind a screen name and take shots at people........I am a man and passionate enough about my beliefs to sign my name to it................Are You?????

Coach Parsley

Coach P,

Well said. WHat do you teach and what are you certified to teach? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Coach P,

Well said. WHat do you teach and what are you certified to teach? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am certified in Special Education. I currently teach the Comprehensive Development Class and a Transition Class for Seniors. Thanks for the positive feedback!

Coach P

No EHHS postings today?

Guess I'll have to start re-recording the Soaps then. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

maybe easteaglemommiedearest17 can give us an update. they seem to have a direct line to the superintendent's office, or did coach p scare you off.........

all joking aside, does anyone have any news on possible candidates? or when they plan on having a new head coach in place? did any of the current coaches apply? hope something positive can come out of this mess.

everyone seemed to "know" so much before, hard to believe that there is no new information.

Why not just hire Coach P.? He is a great guy (people should rally around him; if they don't, they won't rally around anyone), and he is a good football man.

I agree, I think someday Coach Parsley will make a good head football coach! However it doesn't seem like he would be a good fit at east. He is no nonsense and believes in hard work. Seems like they are looking for a girl scout leader at east. East had a good head coach and they did all they could to push him out. I hope it all works out for the remaining coaches I understand them to be good men and wish them the best. Oh, and Coach P. you just come on back to Cheatham County! We told you not to leave!