East Hickman Eagles

EastAdvocate

Talking about losers...you must be one...you are on here all day....I doubt that you even have a job...and if you do it can't be much of one or you would not be on this site all day showing your stupidity. You must really like us to be so interested in our site. GO AWAY!!!

Talking about all day? 2BASE.com, shouldn't you be teaching class right now instead of being on CoachT? Don't let Bruce walk in on your class right now. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> All kidding aside, good luck to East and ALL the football coaches.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in effect what you are saying is that Coach Jones should not have set team standards for workout participation, practice attendance or following any type of team rules, much less trying to create a culture among the faculty at EHHS that fostered academic and behavior expectations for the players???????

Maybe what everyone should have wanted from Coach Jones was that he maintain the stereotypical status quo and simply allow some kid to play because he could tote the rock ........regardless of whether he came to practice, made the grade or listened to his teachers in class.......just as long as he could help the team win on Fridays he gets a free pass to play! That may be effectively managing to meet a goal.............that may be smart coaching......... If your end result is measured by nothing more than wins.......... regardless, that is using student-athletes to meet YOUR needs as a coach without any thought for their future.

I guess my philosophy is lifted from the pages of the book "Season of Life" If any of the posters on this thread have not read it, I suggest it.....for those that really care about kids. When asked about his teams success for the upcoming season, the coach responded that it was too soon to tell........ He wouldn't know if the coaches had been successful until he saw what type of men, husbands, and fathers the players had become.

We came into the situation at East and knew that wins on the football field would take time (anyone that thinks different knows less about football than I do)............ BUT preparing the young men to be winners on and off the field was something we could begin to do NOW. Yes, we have high expectations. And guess what? Their is a group of young men in the field house now that have met or exceeded those standards in many ways and continue to work hard to excel on the field and in the classroom. Those that could not or would not moved on, and that is O.K. sports and other types of extra curricular activities are not for everyone, it takes a lot of perserverance to be a student/athlete

The bottom line is, Coach Jones had a vision of how he wanted to build this program, I believed (and still do) in what he wanted to accomplish and so I joined him at East. It has become obvious that their are a few...or many ( the most heard anyway) in the community and the administration at central office that wanted a different direction......maybe a direction more like "straightupthegut" described. Anyway, Coach Jones has stepped aside to allow those that were unhappy, to begin their search for someone that is a better fit for the the culture of the community. So YES the man that I am co-signing for is cut out to be a head coach and he will be again someday in a situation better suited for him.

So, maybe those that keep hounding Coach Jones about his performance as head coach can leave the man alone and move towards something more productive.

Coach P

Are you going to quit?

Are you going to quit?

I think the proper question would be: "Are you going to let me drive you away as well, because we will go behind your back and stab it and twist it at the same time." /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Ridiculous! It appears that Coach Jones has moved on. Coach P gets on here and supports his head coach and the uphill (VERTICAL) climb they have in trying to build a program. Coach P, keep standing up for the values you believe in. Do not let anyone change that. We live in a world where people on the outside are always trying to tear coaches down with behind the back negativity. It is an honorable and beauitiful profession you have chosen, in spite of a community that has no clue. I know for a fact that the football coaches of EHHS are GOOD, honorable people. Keep going! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think the proper question would be: "Are you going to let me drive you away as well, because we will go behind your back and stab it and twist it at the same time." /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

On the contrary...... It appears he is very disgruntled and does not like the Administration or the way things are going..So a simple question was asked? Sounds like to me he needs to move on . Maybe all you other East High School Coaches who are on here with your little support group should get back to class. Oh .. I forgot . I have to copy and paste a copy of baldies dissatisfaction letter to Dr. Nash.

On the contrary...... It appears he is very disgruntled and does not like the Administration or the way things are going..So a simple question was asked? Sounds like to me he needs to move on . Maybe all you other East High School Coaches who are on here with your little support group should get back to class. Oh .. I forgot . I have to copy and paste a copy of baldies dissatisfaction letter to Dr. Nash.

It would take a pure idiot to want to coach at East Hickman right now but apparently if an idiot did their IQ would match the parents of Hicktown. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Here's the problem right here in a nutshell. Some might call it sabotage, but at the very least it's unprofessional. I'd hope Dr. Nash has a big enough pair to make his own personnel decisions without input from the peanut gallery.

I'll tell you guys and Fairview fans too, that it's a long hard climb out of the hole when parents start running off coaches. One dead goat at Harpeth just a year or two after the region championships in 97,98,99 and 00 led to a downward spiral with the program that is just now seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Don't do this.

... they did well........but that is comparing apples to oranges.........................how well did UT volleyball, tennis, soccer, and track do this year? You might have to look that one up, because........it is irrelavant in this discussion...

You missed the point. It was stated that all of the teams did bad. That was incorrect.

Talking about all day? 2BASE.com, shouldn't you be teaching class right now instead of being on CoachT? Don't let Bruce walk in on your class right now. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> All kidding aside, good luck to East and ALL the football coaches.

Thanks for the advice..but I do not need it. I do not work for the school system. I own my own business. I was just trying to get my point across to cobrakurt that his nasty remarks are uncalled for and to go away!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

quote name='easteaglemom17' date='Mar 3 2009 - 11:37 AM' post='827050058']

Are you going to quit?

easteaglemom17, I fully intend to be coaching this fall. Whether that is at East Hickman or at another school remains to be seen. There is always an element of the unknown when you have a coaching change. A lot of it will depend on who is brought in as the new head coach. Most coaches like to be able to put together their own staff and I respect that. I can't speculate on what my future will be at his time. I will tell you like we have told the young men in our program, the one thing for certain is that East Hickman will face a challenging schedule next year and we are going to continue to do everything in our power to prepare for it. No one has brought us together to explain what the next step is or to name an interim. So we will keep doing what we do until the new coach is named and can decide what direction he wants to go. Right now, as much normalcy as possible is what is in the best interest of the players. I will worry about my coaching future when the time comes.

Disgruntled is a word that best describes the people that have blasted the coaches at every opportunity....... Disappointed best describes my thoughts at this time........ I arrived at East with great expectations of being able to help start a program from scratch, build traditions and work with a class coaching staff that put the important things in perspective beyond just having the goal of winning games. In football, as in life........ you do the little things right and the big things take care of themselves. The administration stated that they wanted those things as well, so it seemed like a golden opportunity. I knew that building a program would not be easy, but I had watched first hand as Sycamore High School got up and running. I stood across the sideline from Creek Wood High School and saw what type of competitors that they were producing and knew that it was not an impossible feat. What I didn't expect was the backlash and lack of support from some members of the community. Being a part of the tradition at White House High and having the opportunity to coach at Sycamore high School definitely spoils one when it comes to parent support!

Now, people don't coach for public approval........ I coach because I am passionate about watching young men reach their full potential. The game of football, when executed properly is a great vehicle to prepare young men for life. But I am smart enough to realize that over time a continuous lack of support is counter productive. Does that make me wrong?...... maybe, does that make you wrong?.......maybe. What it does mean for sure is that what we want as coaches and what the community wants appears to be different.

Oh .. I forgot . I have to copy and paste a copy of baldies dissatisfaction letter to Dr. Nash.

Your statement speaks volumes about what we have faced at East.......... Got a problem....... don't talk to the source take it straight to the top! There is no chain of command...... The "baldie" comment is a bit immature though don't you think....... this is a public forum, filled with opinions......you are entitled to one, as am I. I have no problem with you sending this to Dr. Nash or anyone else for that matter. Maybe he should take the time to find out what is going on from a coaches point of view........

I don't hide behind a screen name and take shots at people........I am a man and passionate enough about my beliefs to sign my name to it................Are You?????

Coach Parsley

Are you going to quit?

WOW! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I think whoever applies for the East Hickman job should be forced to read this thread before making a decision.

Compare the East program to any successful program in the state. Ask the successful programs what they do and how they do it. IMHO alot (not all) of East parents/fans/players simply do not understand what it takes to be a successful HS program.