East Hickman Eagles

EastAdvocate

The wise sages from the hickman county board of education have released seven names to the local scribes at the hickman county times.

entering the east hickman coliseum for your entertainment I submit to you:

1. Franklin King - asst. coach dyer county high school

2. Robert Baskin - asst. coach mcgavock high school

3. Kevin Komisar - asst. coach hillsboro high school

4. Joel Shrenk - head coach northwest high school

5. Tommy Rewis- head coach heritage high school

6. Robert Phillips- asst. coach east hickman high school

7. Gary Harris- briefly asst. coach fairview high school, head coach east hickman middle school

let the inquisiton begin.................... in accordance with the prophecy!

Interesting list. Is this an "official" list? ( are all these men getting interviews?

1. I am not surprised by King at Dyer Co. There is are always coaches that are willing to leave a good program just for a chance to be the head coach. He is a possibility.

2. Baskin is a metro guy and a good coach. God knows that a person from Metro would be used to a dysfunctional school system and how to deal with it.

3. Same for Komisar. He is not getting the Hillsboro job (actually from what I hear he doesn't want it because of challenges that the administration of HHS pose). He would also be solid choice.

4. Do not know much about Schrenk but he is currently working in the 2nd most dysfunctional school system in the state and that explains his interest. He has done all he can considering what he has at CNW.

5. Rewis is the guy that really helped turn Fairview around. I think he would tell you going to Heritage was a mistake but he other than that he has been successful at turning programs around.

6. Phillips is a up and coming coach. Experience at Columbia before EHHS. He knows the school and kids and that is an advantage.

7. Harris has been at the MS for years and has had a lot of success there. I thought there was an issue with him not being certified (what is his job title at EHHS anyway?) but I have heard he is finally working towards a degree. If mommies and daddies get to make the choice it is probably him because they know him from MS (plus he was going to FHS and came back and I do not think he would do so if he did not think he was getting the job)

I will be interested to see how the hiring process works and who gets chosen.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Komisar has pulled his name out of consideration for this position. Harris at the middle school is the obvious choice here! Principal Jackson seems like a great guy but I feel this coaching hire is not his decision. Good luck to East Hickman next year.

Komisar has pulled his name out of consideration for this position. Harris at the middle school is the obvious choice here! Principal Jackson seems like a great guy but I feel this coaching hire is not his decision. Good luck to East Hickman next year.

Wise decision by Coach Komisar.......... The grandest of administrators is forming a court of inquisitors that will quickly dispose of the infidels and heretics on this list. The principal is but a vassal in the East Hickman fiefdom. The serfs will rise up and soon have control! Those that have stood for empowerment through knowledge, respect, and discipline will be vanquished! There is only one knave that will be acceptable to the people!

in accordance with the prophecy!

Rewis will be a good choice, will he fit in to this community??? That would remain to be seen. I think Harris will be actually the best choice for the job, he has been in this community, he lives here in this community,he has had sucess in this Community with the teams he has coached, he has coached all these kids in Middle School, and for all the disgruntled jealous coaches on here who make up crazy screen names and take your shots and talk about his mother and his associations with other coaches..get over it. He is a very good Coach who gets results. Many more kids will come to play for him because they like him.

Can't believe this thing is still going strong, with people still taking shots at each other. I hope for the players sake that the powers that be can see fit to get this resolved. Need to get a new coach named so everyone can move forward. I just hope......... regardless who it is, that we will support the next guy better than we did the first. We need to have realistic expectations of what it takes to build a competitive program and give it time to grow. Maybe this whole mess will be a learning experience to all. I hear Coach Jones' critics state repeatedly that he made mistakes, I am not sure what they were and no one on here seems willing to elaborate, but I feel that we as a community have made some as well. Hopefully we can look around us at programs like Lewis County and see what kind of work it takes to be successful, it is bigger than x's and o's, coaches and players and school/community support. Everybody has to pick up the rope and pull the same direction.

Can't believe this thing is still going strong, with people still taking shots at each other. I hope for the players sake that the powers that be can see fit to get this resolved. Need to get a new coach named so everyone can move forward. I just hope......... regardless who it is, that we will support the next guy better than we did the first. We need to have realistic expectations of what it takes to build a competitive program and give it time to grow. Maybe this whole mess will be a learning experience to all. I hear Coach Jones' critics state repeatedly that he made mistakes, I am not sure what they were and no one on here seems willing to elaborate, but I feel that we as a community have made some as well. Hopefully we can look around us at programs like Lewis County and see what kind of work it takes to be successful, it is bigger than x's and o's, coaches and players and school/community support. Everybody has to pick up the rope and pull the same direction.

Maybe all of the parents who thought the coach was too hard on their kids should let them go to Lewis County and play for Coach Sharp! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Maybe all of the parents who thought the coach was too hard on their kids should let them go to Lewis County and play for Coach Sharp! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

HARD WORK.........PAYS OFF obviously! They compete every year.

EastAdvocate,

You seen to really understand what is going on in East. I have no clue who you are and wether you work for the school or not, but I have respect for you coming on here and stating that mistakes were made on both sides, not just on the coaching front. I hope more people in the community can rally around your comments and make it a better working atmosphere for the next coach. I think coaches have gotten on here and did some bashing, according to gooddaysarecoming, on East and the community because Jones was given only two years in a situation where they were not going to win no matter what happened. They should have been allowed to play a Freshman and JV schedule for two years with ONLY Freshmen and Sophomores. But the Board of Education thought otherwise. That's fine. But....Because of that fact alone, the football coaches deserved more time. Other coaches know what was going in East and they know the football staff and kids were not given a fair shake. It takes time to build a program just to compete. I am sure the community wants a winner, but it is going to take a long time for that to happen. I am not affiliated with East Hickman in anyway, but I do want to see them succeed. Whoever gets the job, good luck to them and stand strong in your beliefs. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That's for sure. Hard work.........constant! But the good thing over in Lewis is the kids don't expect anything less, or the fans/parents. They know what to expect from the start! The good thing over in Lewis is tradition. The kids push each other, but they have built a winning tradition that just carries on from class to class. East just needs to give it a chance to build and not get in a rush. Stable coaching is what has carried Lewis over the years. Example is last year, Lewis lost two asst. coaches, and still have a great season. Who ever the coach is, they need to be left alone to develope their team and its personality. Sometime some parents get alittle restless because there kids only have 4 years to play. A lot think their son should be a starter before they actually ready, which if its your son you would like to see him start and play. Coaches need to be able to make that call, and if in time......4 years is a good number, you would be able to tell if they have what it takes and if the program is headed in the right direction or not. I hate it for the players over EHHS, they do deserve better. They have played tough games as freshmen and soph at the beginning and now deserve the opportunity to see if all that hard work and experience they gain would show it self. I sure hope it gets settled quick for their sakes. The schedule this year doesn't make it any easier. If everyone would just pull together "once" for the players.......and all have a common goal, it would help all. Find reasons why instead of excuses and blame for why not. Just my thoughts. I know some over in EHHS and they are wishing this would all end and could get on with the game for the players, not the adults.

That's for sure. Hard work.........constant! But the good thing over in Lewis is the kids don't expect anything less, or the fans/parents. They know what to expect from the start! The good thing over in Lewis is tradition. The kids push each other, but they have built a winning tradition that just carries on from class to class. East just needs to give it a chance to build and not get in a rush. Stable coaching is what has carried Lewis over the years. Example is last year, Lewis lost two asst. coaches, and still have a great season. Who ever the coach is, they need to be left alone to develope their team and its personality. Sometime some parents get alittle restless because there kids only have 4 years to play. A lot think their son should be a starter before they actually ready, which if its your son you would like to see him start and play. Coaches need to be able to make that call, and if in time......4 years is a good number, you would be able to tell if they have what it takes and if the program is headed in the right direction or not. I hate it for the players over EHHS, they do deserve better. They have played tough games as freshmen and soph at the beginning and now deserve the opportunity to see if all that hard work and experience they gain would show it self. I sure hope it gets settled quick for their sakes. The schedule this year doesn't make it any easier. If everyone would just pull together "once" for the players.......and all have a common goal, it would help all. Find reasons why instead of excuses and blame for why not. Just my thoughts. I know some over in EHHS and they are wishing this would all end and could get on with the game for the players, not the adults.

I'm sure my son would have liked for the last 3 years to be winning seasons, but alas that has not happened. In the end what really matters is that he is doing something he loves, and giving it his all. He gives 110% every game. That is what makes a winner in my book.