Springfield Football

ut18vols

yeah, heard that a wr (think number 5) from east could not be stopped, but the run defense looked pretty steady. also heard he's a senior and it's he first year playin anyone know if there's any truth to it

ok so we are 4 day's from the greenbrier game let's hear some thought's on what

you think's going to happen and how's their passing game been lookin :huh:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Springfield beat East in jamboree Saturday 26-22 but gave up too many big plays.
Wow!!!! What a game! Let me quote another post on the 2-A East Robertson Jamboree page,

That was one of the BEST preseason games I have ever seen. I dont know if either team worked with there second team boys, If they did they put in one or two at a time. It was more like a playoff game and the season was on the line. I like what Coach has done with Springfield's play. It was fun to watch and I wish you success this year. With that said lets remember that East is a 2-A School, So I will wait to see how much better you are by mid/end of the season. It was nice to see the teams take a knee together at mid field after the game.

Springfield beat East in jamboree Saturday 26-22 but gave up too many big plays.
Wow!!!! What a game! Let me quote another post on the 2-A East Robertson Jamboree page,

That was one of the BEST preseason games I have ever seen. I dont know if either team worked with there second team boys, If they did they put in one or two at a time. It was more like a playoff game and the season was on the line. I like what Coach has done with Springfield's play. It was fun to watch and I wish you success this year. With that said lets remember that East is a 2-A School, So I will wait to see how much better you are by mid/end of the season. It was nice to see the teams take a knee together at mid field after the game.

I agree on the taking a knee; lets just hope nobody was offended..... :popcorneater:

P.S. not that I care..... :popcorneater:

The Jackets offense was impressive Saturday and yes the competiton will get much better , no diss-illusions here , but make no mistake the Jackets are much improved from last year. The reciever for East I think is a SR. and I think he is the son of David Woodard an outstanding basketball player at East in the early 90's. The reciever who caught the final TD pass for the Jackets was Mantovis Young , just a sophmore , who showed blazing speed. As the season opener approaches lets hope the Jackets continue to improve , Greenbrier will be a fundamentaly sound team that will take advantage of any mistakes the Jackets make. As a long time Jacket follower , I'am truly impressed with the direction our program is going and good things are going to happen in time , a football season is a journey and it begins Friday at Boyce Smith Field , named for our legendary National High School Hall of Fame coach ,its not a shiny glamourous place or no where near what its seating capacity once was , but its steeped in tradition and its time to bring it back. GO JACKETS!!!

Stat man you are right about the high school data-base site, its awesome, listing games from 1912 until present for the Jackets. Hope you get back involved with the program , we need support from all of the community. Springfield football has had a tough time this decade , but we were 10-0 and Region 6 4-A Champions just two seasons ago and its time to turn the page for a new season.

Congratulations to former Yellow Jacket Josh Bey , a member of the 2006 Region Championship team, on being named to the pre-season ALL OVC team. Josh is a junior LB for U.T. Martin , also on the UTM roster are Jonathen Utley and Blair Offutt , also former Yellow Jackets.

Congratulations to former Yellow Jacket Josh Bey , a member of the 2006 Region Championship team, on being named to the pre-season ALL OVC team. Josh is a junior LB for U.T. Martin , also on the UTM roster are Jonathen Utley and Blair Offutt , also former Yellow Jackets.

it's great to hear that about josh bey , I sure enjoyed watchin him make big plays and those bone crushing hits

you could see he was going to successful at the next level very special player IMO :thumb:

it's great to hear that about josh bey , I sure enjoyed watchin him make big plays and those bone crushing hits

you could see he was going to successful at the next level very special player IMO :roflolk:

Being at APSU I was able to see Bey play here last year when they played APSU and he really stood out. He is just as much of a beast in this conference as he was in HS.....

can't believe there's only 29hrs7min till the kickoff of the high school football season.

i've even talked a few of my buddies who went to jo byrns into goin to springfield vs boobcats

game.should be a packed house for this one . sure hope the jackets can grind out a win against a well coached team think it would really be a solid win for coaches first game

GO JACKETS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb: