Springfield Football

ut18vols

can't believe there's only 29hrs7min till the kickoff of the high school football season.

i've even talked a few of my buddies who went to jo byrns into goin to springfield vs boobcats

game.should be a packed house for this one . sure hope the jackets can grind out a win against a well coached team think it would really be a solid win for coaches first game

GO JACKETS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

I will definitely be there; didnt Coach Myers arrange it to were everyone can get in free for this 1st game in an attempted to get the attendance up this year? I personally do not care and will gladly pay the admission, but I do believe this is a good idea to get more people at the games. I cant wait until the game tomm night, I am really amped for this 1.....

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not heard that one, our program desperately needs the big gate in this one and all of our home games , after the past two seasons the program has struggled with attendance at games. I encourage all Jacket fans to come out and support the team , our new coaching staff and players have worked very hard and deserve our support. The 1943 Jackets are featured in an article in the TIMES this week, they were 10-0-1 and played Tullahoma in the Mid-State Championship, beating the Wildcats 21-0 , thanks to Mr. Thurman Gregg for the article , he also played on some outstanding Jacket teams in the late 40's and early 50's . Well its time to play some football , lets have a good clean hard fought game. GO JACKETS !!!

Tough loss for the Jackets 26-25 , fundemential mistakes in the kicking game were a killer for the Jackets. That being said I'am still impressed with the rebuilding process of the jackets , we are very young and in time we will get it together. The competition will get much tougher and it will be a tough row to hoe. Congrats to both teams for a clean hard fought game. The Jackets need to hold their head up and learn from their mistakes, if they do , good things will happen and I'am proud of their effort. GO JACKETS !!!

well said leon very tough loss but i think you take that loss and learn from it i agree special teams and penaltiies hurt but very exciting game to be at (congrats to greenbrier on the win)

and how about that offense man i never thought you would see the ball throw around boyce smith field

like that keep your head up jackets and we will be there cheering you on next week

GO JACKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well its been a while since I posted on here. Im glad to see the program rising up. Its been 2 years since our wonderful 10-0 season and Im happy with this new coaching staff. Even though we lost tonight I am happy to see we had a hard fought game with them. According to a friend it seemed that ST aka PAT really hurt us but hopefully we can get past that and win our region games. This would of been a great win but what matters most in region games so hopefully the Jackets learned from mistakes and can fix them. I hope Coach Myers keeps up the good work, I love what I see so far. I cant wait to see a game in person soon. GO JACKETS

Well its been a while since I posted on here. Im glad to see the program rising up. Its been 2 years since our wonderful 10-0 season and Im happy with this new coaching staff. Even though we lost tonight I am happy to see we had a hard fought game with them. According to a friend it seemed that ST aka PAT really hurt us but hopefully we can get past that and win our region games. This would of been a great win but what matters most in region games so hopefully the Jackets learned from mistakes and can fix them. I hope Coach Myers keeps up the good work, I love what I see so far. I cant wait to see a game in person soon. GO JACKETS

I am very happy w/ the new coaching staff, it was a great game done in by mental mistakes but it is still early in the year. I believe they could have won that game w/o the fumbles and botched snap on special teams but against other teams on their schedule/district they would lose w/ that same effort. The biggest problem of all is stopping the run; the majority of the teams in their district are run heavy teams and this area must be improveed quickly. The good thing is there are 2 weeks to rectify the problem and even though they may not be able to completely fix the run-d, I expect to see major improvements. For the 1st time in a long time, I trust this coaching staff. They will come back and beat Clarksville NE I bet. The crowd was great at BS field friday night; its been awhile since I seen that many people there.....