Got a rules question

cat1973

For anyone that my know. Watched many high school games in my lifetime but had never seen this. Player is fouled and shoots 2 free throws. Makes both. Then as the ball is about to be inbounded a timeout is called and determined that the wrong player shot the free throws. Points taken off the board and another player shoots the free throws. Never seen it reversed like that. By the way the player that shot the last ones was the one who was fouled. Just wondering if anyone has seen that before.

For anyone that my know. Watched many high school games in my lifetime but had never seen this. Player is fouled and shoots 2 free throws. Makes both. Then as the ball is about to be inbounded a timeout is called and determined that the wrong player shot the free throws. Points taken off the board and another player shoots the free throws. Never seen it reversed like that. By the way the player that shot the last ones was the one who was fouled. Just wondering if anyone has seen that before.

It's a correctable error until the ball has been inbounded. A technical can be assessed if it is deemed intentional that they have switched shooters.