Region 6

Guest toughasnails

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Overton returns almost everyone. I dont think they even had a Drinkwine grad!

reftn

Posted by toughasnails:

I think that Overton will once again run away with Region 6. They are going to be really tough, up and down their lineup.

[Edited by reftn on 8-30-02 8:33P]

[Edited by reftn on 8-30-02 8:35P]

Overton is hardly returning anybody. They're losing Kim, Denton, Force, Scott, Neff, and Garrett. I don't think you can call a team strong up and down when they lose 6 senior starters and their only state placer.

McGavock also lost everyone except Pack. Region 6 should be a tossup this year, and I believe Hillsboro will finish right behind Overton, seeing as how they only lost a few wrestlers.

[Edited by kingwrestling on 8-30-02 10:37P]

Guest toughasnails

You all have it wrond, Overton still has alot of young guys coming in that are good. They have Little Brewster, and Little Drinkwine to led the way. They have Darnell Hayes in the upper weights to show the younger guys how to get it done. They have always had good young talent to come in

Once again, why should Overton be considered to have strong team? You mention 3 people, others mention most are gone and other teams should be stronger!

Posted by toughasnails:

You all have it wrond, Overton still has alot of young guys coming in that are good. They have Little Brewster, and Little Drinkwine to led the way. They have Darnell Hayes in the upper weights to show the younger guys how to get it done. They have always had good young talent to come in

While Overton has dominated region 6 over the past few years,I think that with the graduation of 6 of 11 state qualifiers they will probably be in a rebuilding year. FRA has 7 state qualifiers returning.Overton, Hillsboro and ML King each have 5.

Hills boro should pick up some quality kids from the middle school programs that feed their school.

The same can be said for Overton.

ML King can't rely on that many middle school kids moving up this year because they did not have a middle school team last year due to budget cuts.

FRA however has a strong in house middle school program and should field a strong team top to bottom.

I think if any one is going to take the top spot from Overton this year it will probably be FRA.

With that said who are some of the individul wrestlers to look for in Region 6 this year? Who will win this region at each weight class this year and which of those wrestlers (if any)will win at state? :confused:

Overton will once again be tough up and down the line up they have both of their three pounders returning and Ari Ibrahim will be returning as well but although they lost John Kim they also have strong backups to fill the wholes. They have Drinkwine returning and Little Brewster and although they lost their 35,40,45,52 pounders they have strong backups to step up and battle this year Eric Martin will be returning and will be better than last year although Neff is gone the backups from last year will step up once again , Larry Davis , and Darnell Hayes will step up this year and really help the big guys.