Get on the Goolsby train! Woo! Woo!

teamspirit

Guest Termite

If he was ran off, why would he come back???? If it was as bad as all SC and TC people make it out to be or have been or will be, why would he want the job??

Exactly..............My point exactly

You can correct me if I'm wrong..........but after the "wonder year" wasn't Dyer and Goolsby both ran off?? Or at least Dyer was no longer the Head Coach??

SC and TC people only know how "bad" it is/was by the talk of most of the MC PEOPLE. MC people put it out there.

We can HEAR and READ what MC PEOPLE say..............

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly..............My point exactly

You can correct me if I'm wrong..........but after the "wonder year" wasn't Dyer and Goolsby both ran off?? Or at least Dyer was no longer the Head Coach??

SC and TC people only know how "bad" it is/was by the talk of most of the MC PEOPLE. MC people put it out there.

We can HEAR and READ what MC PEOPLE say..............

Okay we somewhat agree, but you are repeating only one side of the story. However they weren't ran off, they left the program. There were some people a little disgruntled after the 04 season, however noone ran them off. The Procks did what the state told them they must do. Who else did the supposed running off??? If it was done before wouldn't he be concerned that it might happen again??? Being "run off" is how some on that staff chose to spin their actions.

All that said, if Goolsby had waited and done nothing for the summer of 2005, he would have been the first in line for the head coaching job before Cook.

Again, I agree with some of what you say. However, you did not answer the question! IF it was so bad before, if he got run out of town, why would he come back? If you escaped heck, would you go back?? Would you bring in more of your family members too?? Don't make much sense does it????

Guest Termite

Okay we somewhat agree, but you are repeating only one side of the story. However they weren't ran off, they left the program. There were some people a little disgruntled after the 04 season, however noone ran them off. The Procks did what the state told them they must do. Who else did the supposed running off??? If it was done before wouldn't he be concerned that it might happen again??? Being "run off" is how some on that staff chose to spin their actions.

All that said, if Goolsby had waited and done nothing for the summer of 2005, he would have been the first in line for the head coaching job before Cook.

Again, I agree with some of what you say. However, you did not answer the question! IF it was so bad before, if he got run out of town, why would he come back? If you escaped heck, would you go back?? Would you bring in more of your family members too?? Don't make much sense does it????

IMO ........he thinks like every other assistant coach ........that if he WERE the head coach ...things would be different.

And he's been an assistant that's been chomping at the bits to be a head coach anywhere. He may have escaped heck by being ran off as a assistant. He went back to Heck to be the head coach of Heck. His family??? They all live in Smith Co..

IMO ........he thinks like every other assistant coach ........that if he WERE the head coach ...things would be different.

And he's been an assistant that's been chomping at the bits to be a head coach anywhere. He may have escaped heck by being ran off as a assistant. He went back to Heck to be the head coach of Heck. His family??? They all live in Smith Co..

I have also heard that Goolsby has been chomping at the bits to be a head coach ANYWHERE! Have heard he applied many other places. Anyone know where all he applied? Have heard a Coach Malone from AL got one job that he may have been interested in. TC1

Guest Termite

well I've talked to Goolsby and this is a wish he has wanted to do as a coach and i think he there to stay for a while

You may be right Dfury, and I hope you are. I know Keith and like him........but staying for a while is not always the Coach's decision.

Guest Termite

well I've talked to Goolsby and this is a wish he has wanted to do as a coach and i think he there to stay for a while

You may be right Dline, he may be there a while......but remember.....it's not always the coach's decision whether to stay or go.

No parents or fans ran anybody off. Who cares thats in the past. This is now and I could care less. Treat players fair and with a little respect and this will go a long way. The program will get back on track as long as who ever is fair and plays the best players instead of the ones they like or who's ever parent is brown nose ing. Play to win like or dislike. This has been a big part of the problem, I not saying it is now, only time will tell.

No parents or fans ran anybody off. Who cares thats in the past. This is now and I could care less. Treat players fair and with a little respect and this will go a long way. The program will get back on track as long as who ever is fair and plays the best players instead of the ones they like or who's ever parent is brown nose ing. Play to win like or dislike. This has been a big part of the problem, I not saying it is now, only time will tell.

But it's the coach whose opinion matters on who the best players are. It's not the parents' and fans'. They have the right to disagree but they don't need to be so vocal about it. Whoever is playing, I'm sure it's because Keith thinks they are the best player for that job at that time. The parents and fans need to just shut up and support the kids. And believe me, I say that about the ones everywhere, not just in Macon County. SC, TC, Alcoa, the University of Alabama even all have parents and fans who disagree on decisions the coach(s) make. I'm just saying that IMO it isn't their place to try and coach.

But it's the coach whose opinion matters on who the best players are. It's not the parents' and fans'. They have the right to disagree but they don't need to be so vocal about it. Whoever is playing, I'm sure it's because Keith thinks they are the best player for that job at that time. The parents and fans need to just shut up and support the kids. And believe me, I say that about the ones everywhere, not just in Macon County. SC, TC, Alcoa, the University of Alabama even all have parents and fans who disagree on decisions the coach(s) make. I'm just saying that IMO it isn't their place to try and coach.

and yes i agree with this to