11 AAA?

jimcalhoon

ravenwood gave up early goal on mistake by the goalie who had hands on the ball but didn't lock it up. brentwoods desalvatore knocked it out of his hand with his hip as he ran by and it rolled in. majority of play was on brentwoods defensive side but ravenwood didn't finish on several chances hitting posts on a few shots and other solid chances. brentwood scored very late on a nice cross for tap in by desalvatore. flow of play seemed to favor ravenwood but brentwood finished on the chances they had where ravenwood didnt. these two teams could meet again next week if they both win their regional games. congrats to brentwood on another district title.

Thanks Tyson! GOtta give a hand to Brentwood who many did not count in this year due to the huge number of great players they lost to graduation last season. Started out slow but apparently finishing very strong!

Congratulations Brentwood on another district Title!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Tyson! GOtta give a hand to Brentwood who many did not count in this year due to the huge number of great players they lost to graduation last season. Started out slow but apparently finishing very strong!

Congratulations Brentwood on another district Title!

agree sokker they made it happen when they needed to. my bet is they'll be playing again next thursday. will be very interesting if it happens as they've each won one against each other. believe ravenwood will have an edge of they are healthy by then. two of their key players have had concussions within the last two weeks. ive seen them play several times this year and they didn't look to be on there game last night.

Just when I thought someone was going to finally upend Brentwood, they pull through in the clutch. The two games on Tuesday will be blowouts before they RHS and BHS meet again on Thursday which will be really important for seeding, venue, and matchup purposes.

Just when I thought someone was going to finally upend Brentwood, they pull through in the clutch. The two games on Tuesday will be blowouts before they RHS and BHS meet again on Thursday which will be really important for seeding, venue, and matchup purposes.

In the event Ravenwood and Brentwood both manage to win tomorrow what happens on Thursday as far as the seeding, venue, etc. goes? For example, would the winner play their next game at home against a lower seeded sectional opponent? IF they play on Thursday it will be a super match to watch. They've each won one. Have to give Brentwood the edge because of their experience and because they've "been there and done that". Wouldn't be greatly surprised though if Ravenwood wins as they're very talented as well. Just depends on who brings their A Game that particular night with these two!

I believe if RHS and BHS win Tuesday (which they both should), it will be RHS at BHS Thursday because of district tourney results. The winner would host the runner up from another region while the loser will travel to the winner of the other region. It will probably be Hendersonville and one other.

I believe if RHS and BHS win Tuesday (which they both should), it will be RHS at BHS Thursday because of district tourney results. The winner would host the runner up from another region while the loser will travel to the winner of the other region. It will probably be Hendersonville and one other.

Rebel thank you for the bulletin board material /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> The word blowout should get the guys a little more fired up than they already are. It will be tough for us as Brentwood is a quality team. We look forward to the challenge.

I'm thinking:

Thursday:

LaVergne @ Hendersonville (LaVergne win)

Ravenwood @ Brentwood (Ravenwood win)

Saturday:

Brentwood @ LaVergne (Brentwood win)

Hendersonville @ Ravenwood (Ravenwood win)

One game at a time......there's still Antioch and McGavock to contend with............THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAMES. Ya just never know. If games line up on Thursday as you suggest I like your predictions. Curious to know more about the LaVergne win at Hendersonville as my perception is H'ville will be very tough at home, particularly this late in the year. Finally, though I too like R'wood over B'wood, it could easily go either way. I've seen both games they've played thus far and they're pretty evenly matched. I like R'wood's midfield but like B'wood up top with their speed. Game #3 between them will be a close one and really could go either way but like R'wood's depth and they should have McGuinness and Saunders back at full strength which they didn't have last week when B'wood won the district title.