GRIZZLIES IN THE TIGER'S DEN

agitator53

Well, we fired up the old redneck van and made the long drive over the mountains to watch the Grizzlies and Tigers do battle in the Pigeon Forge "Jungle". What a game! Back and forth, back and forth the ball went, but try as they could, the Tigers just could not stop the Grizzlies. For once, we had decent officials in the "Jungle". The "Men in Stripes" did a good job with their calls. At times, the fans didn't think so, but the "Stripes" called a good close game with few questionable calls. The Grizzlies walked away with the district regular season title, and will host the tournament in their new "Den" later in the month. Should be interesting. They have been the "come back" team for the past few years and won the District Tournament. We'll see how things go this year. I guess the teams from the snowy south, up in the mountains will be after the Grizzlies hot and heavey, but from what I've seen this season they just don't have the talent or heart. Yes, we crossed the mountains from the north to watch several of those games, and the Grizzlies are near unstoppable. We travel to the Grizzly Den tonight to see if the Panthers have any better luck beating the Grizzlies than the Tigers and several others have. Our neighborhood Bulldogs didn't have any luck their last try, so I guess it's up to the Panthers to save face and go "bear hunting" tonight. Good luck to all, and drive safely. The roads are still a little slick in places. Congratulations Grizzlies in your win last night, and sealing the regular season title. Guess I'd better go out and fuel up the old redneck van for the trip over to "bear country" tonight. Pop the corn, heat the dogs, and cool down those soft drinks Grainger, the Agitator is coming to town! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cumberland Gap. Bump.

I want to see the return match with Carter this week I believe.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Tuesday night in the Grizzly Den. Ladies at 6:30 and men to follow. Always welcome in the "Den". I think the Grizzlies will be honed and ready for the matchup.

it wasn't long ago Pigeon Forge was for REAL they had some really good players and could hang and beat most teams around.

Tuesday should be interesting. GC will get their payback in the girls game (our #2 guard tore her ACL against Jeff Co on Jan. 13). Boys game should be closer than the last game (hopefully)

Girls game was very close if I remember correctly, but Grainger did not have their #1 player Ashlee Acuff in that game. 6'2" post/forward that is playing really well right now. I too hope the boys game is closer than the last. Carter didnt have one of their players in that game though. Grainger will have to play a lot better this time around. The height advantage of Carter could be the difference in this one. Good luck Grizzlies!

Well Skylar evened the series this year! He was the difference. Grainger should get to the sectionals against either Fulton or AE. I saw him play in a Christmas tourney. Carter is definitely not a team with defensive prowess. In fact they are the most inconsistent team I have seen this year. Lost to Alcoa in district (not too good of a team). AE beat them 20 the other night and they were never in the game. Once again great game Grainger.