Sequatchie's Cooley signs with Chattanooga State

Indian

Sequatchie 3B Brittany Cooley signed with Chattanooga State and will be a great addition to that team. She had slugging percentage of around .750 last year and didn't play against some of the lesser teams on the schedule such as Howard, hit .356 with 4 HR and 28 RBI in 24 games. Defensively she was even stronger, 2 errors for the season, 6 for the last two years combined. She's been 3 times all area (one second-team, two first-team). She and her teammates at 1st, 2nd, SS last year were probably the best defensive infield ever at the school, even better than the state tournament seasons (89-91) the good news all four are back this season (senior, senior, junior, sophomore this year) plus everyone else but last year's starting catcher is too.

Brittany also plays basketball and is having an all-district type season, leading her 18-6 team in three-pointers and showing lots of leadership. She was one of the top players on the volleyball team too. She played summer softball the last couple of seasons with the Atlanta Vipers.

I played against Cooley in high school softball, and all I can say is that, the girl can play softball!!! In all my years of playing, I have never come across a player with such talent and determination. I wish her the best of luck her senior and in the years to come.

I watched her play basketball at Pikeville last friday and she was hitting the three pointers...and I know she can play softball. I wish her the best of luck too.... and my daughter will have to pitch to her in softball and I will be calling the pitches........Redhotz ,Bledsoe Co softball