Big Sandy 77 West Carroll 74

yankees8589

iam sorry you feel the need to try to belittle a player , any player , i feel your coments inappropriate. Big Sandy had a big win over a very good rival last night that should be appreciated and celebrated in a way other than putting down a player. Big Sandy has several really good players who should hav their accomplishments celebrated more than demeaning an opponent.

Honestly no belittling was intended..When you are talked about as much as Greer you have to know you will be critiqued by people watching you.. I am just calling a spade a spade...If you look back at the whole post it was said more than once that he was a good player, just I am not appreciative of the type of game he plays..

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly no belittling was intended..When you are talked about as much as Greer you have to know you will be critiqued by people watching you.. I am just calling a spade a spade...If you look back at the whole post it was said more than once that he was a good player, just do not am not appreciative of the type of game he plays..

I agree.. I love guarding Greer because it always keeps you alert. You have to be very precise about everything or he's gonna flop or go by you. Get too far away he'll hit the 3. He's a good player, but I feel he can cut out the flopping and whining. Outside of that, he is close to unstoppable by any regular defender in single A. I just hope when he gets to college he gets the same calls and he will be doing great.

Anyways.. Congrats BS. You guys broved me wrong! I hope ya'll can do it again come tourny time and go deep in state tourny. It's gonna be a long road though!

I agree.. I love guarding Greer because it always keeps you alert. You have to be very precise about everything or he's gonna flop or go by you. Get too far away he'll hit the 3. He's a good player, but I feel he can cut out the flopping and whining. Outside of that, he is close to unstoppable by any regular defender in single A. I just hope when he gets to college he gets the same calls and he will be doing great.

Anyways.. Congrats BS. You guys broved me wrong! I hope ya'll can do it again come tourny time and go deep in state tourny. It's gonna be a long road though!

don't get them too hyped...

i would just like to see either WC or BS beat our 3 or 4 seeds this year

it would be a lil bit of a change

and i would be more interested

iam sorry you feel the need to try to belittle a player , any player , i feel your coments inappropriate. Big Sandy had a big win over a very good rival last night that should be appreciated and celebrated in a way other than putting down a player. Big Sandy has several really good players who should hav their accomplishments celebrated more than demeaning an opponent.

On the sublect of Greer, he is a very good player. I don't feel that he is a great player though. Not that he won't be, he has another year left so only time will tell. Next year will be against weaker teams in 13a so i don't know know if that will prove much. On the comment about him shooting so much, when a team is down and they can't really get anything going your star players job is to take over the game and try to win it. Sometimes it works and sometimes it dosen't. He does seem to get alot of calls that other players don't get but you have to live with it and overcome the calls with good play. Big Sandy did this the other night. So CONGRATS to Big Sandy they tend to not get the respect they deserve hopefully this win will change that alittle. So maybe some of the calls will go their way alittle more than they do now. Most of the points greer scored in the 4th quarter were like bshs said were uncontested. They had some players in foul trouble and really did not have much of a choice.One other comment is that i have never seen a coach try to work the refs like West Carrolls coach and the refs let him do it. On a couple of inbound plays this one ref would just delay the game and go over and talk to WC's coach. Once or twice i can see but this went on all game long. I felt like getting a little table an candle, and a glass of wine and sitting it over next to their bench. IT was rediculious.

One other comment is that i have never seen a coach try to work the refs like West Carrolls coach and the refs let him do it. On a couple of inbound plays this one ref would just delay the game and go over and talk to WC's coach. Once or twice i can see but this went on all game long. I felt like getting a little table an candle, and a glass of wine and sitting it over next to their bench. IT was rediculious.

I agree with you here. But! As much as EVERYONE doesn't like it.. it works. Greer may flop, but he shoots a lot of free throws and makes majority of them. He may cry to the refs and their coach does the same but it works them over and gives them the advantage. No matter how much everyone, me included, hates all of that.. it works. Coach Greer is a smart guy. Used to coach our coach in college so you know he has a lot of experience as a coach and knows what he is doing.

I agree with you here. But! As much as EVERYONE doesn't like it.. it works. Greer may flop, but he shoots a lot of free throws and makes majority of them. He may cry to the refs and their coach does the same but it works them over and gives them the advantage. No matter how much everyone, me included, hates all of that.. it works. Coach Greer is a smart guy. Used to coach our coach at Lambuth so you know he has a lot of experience as a coach and knows what he is doing.

I agree he is avery good coach, he dosen't miss a trick from working the refs on the clock if they are behind or trying to delay the game talking to the refs so he can try to ice the freethrow shooter at the end of the game, so he dosen't have to burn a time out. BS and WC should meet again in the championship game but both need to watch out for Bruceton they could sneak up and get ya if you are not carefull.

I agree we need to watch out for Bruceton, Clarksburg and even Huntingdon.. Bruceton has been playing really well, Clarksburg played us well and Huntingdon tends to control the tempo of the game and slow it down a bit which is not our type of game.. We play Huntingdon tomorrow..

Congrats to Big Sandy on the W. Both of you are at the top of the district and should be.

After watching us play you both twice I think the best way to defend WC is just not worry with Greer. Let him have his points and concentrate on defending the other two main scorers and getting good rebounding position. When you collapse on Greer you open up the rebounding for the other players. That is what killed us as much as anything. You also keep your guys out of foul trouble too.

For BS I think the key is frustrate the PG early and keep him from getting in a rhythm. Let the other guy have his but keep the ball away from the PG as much as possible and make him work hard to just get the ball. When he drives to the basket just let him throw up that wild stuff and block out. They got a lot of points on us just because he broke down the defense threw it up to the rim and while we were collapsing on him we didn't block out good.

That said both teams are more talented than us (Clarksburg) and should beat us even worse than they have. Either BS or WC should win the district tourney, however if they are not on their game Huntingdon, Bruceton, and even we can upset them.

Regarding coaches working the refs Big Sandy's coach is the equal of West Carroll's coach at whining and complaining to the refs. I really don't see how they draw a technical from the refs. With a different ref association calling the tourney games they may get one or two if they carry on like they did during the season.

Hopefully we can hit a stride this week and be playing some good ball going into the tourney. We will have to win any games.

Congrats to Big Sandy on the W. Both of you are at the top of the district and should be.

After watching us play you both twice I think the best way to defend WC is just not worry with Greer. Let him have his points and concentrate on defending the other two main scorers and getting good rebounding position. When you collapse on Greer you open up the rebounding for the other players. That is what killed us as much as anything. You also keep your guys out of foul trouble too.

For BS I think the key is frustrate the PG early and keep him from getting in a rhythm. Let the other guy have his but keep the ball away from the PG as much as possible and make him work hard to just get the ball. When he drives to the basket just let him throw up that wild stuff and block out. They got a lot of points on us just because he broke down the defense threw it up to the rim and while we were collapsing on him we didn't block out good.

That said both teams are more talented than us (Clarksburg) and should beat us even worse than they have. Either BS or WC should win the district tourney, however if they are not on their game Huntingdon, Bruceton, and even we can upset them.

Regarding coaches working the refs Big Sandy's coach is the equal of West Carroll's coach at whining and complaining to the refs. I really don't see how they draw a technical from the refs. With a different ref association calling the tourney games they may get one or two if they carry on like they did during the season.

Hopefully we can hit a stride this week and be playing some good ball going into the tourney. We will have to win any games.

You are right about guarding greer he is a very good player and he is going to get his points regardless how good you do on D. Should be a good tourney can't take any of the top 4 for granted.