Venue still an issue

texas23

Pretty hard to pay attention after that explanation. I have no clue on what the organizers have tried to do maybe you can point them out to me. Does Clarksville (CHS) even have a club team, the only two teams that I am aware of are the Iron Knights (great turnout this year, Coach doing a great job promoting wrestling in the Clarksville area) and the Rossview Hawks club team. When does the CHS club team practice?

I've been away from Clarksville for a while now since I now live in the Chattanooga area. I will tell you that it would be futile to list the supporters from the late 90s and the early part of the "new millenium" and I'm sure I would leave some out. I don't know the current ones but those I know that are still in contact tell me the support is still there and thriving. However, my point was and maybe I got a little carried away in defending what I thought was a dig regarding the "money on that side of the town". Was regardless of the money those kids work their rear ends off in the practice room. As do the other top programs in the state. The parents banded together to raise money to provide something for team the schools system didn't because the kids were dedicated to being state champs. That resulted in a state championship in both tournaments in 2000 and I hope it does again. The boosters work hard and I take offense to someone saying they have money in a sarcastic way. They have the money because they work hard for it.

To my knowledge unless something has recently changed there is a club team the practices at Richview as well. I did not know about the Iron knights. I'm glad there are others. I believe this is probably at Kenwood. That program has had some significant success as well. However you may not realize there is a tie there to Artie Manning as well. Like I said before, CHS maybe Coach Maning's baby but he works for the whole county. I think Montgomery Central has a youth program as well that stemmed from some influence from Clarksville's staff as well.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never understood why the State Duals' Tournament would be held in a competing high school's facility. It just seems inappropriate. The Traditional Tournament at McKenzie offers the Southeastern teams the luxury of being close to home, but the Arena is not a 'home field advantage'. Plus I don't know of any local teams that gain financially from the Traditional Tournament. Ward's article states that Clarksville (I assume their wrestling program) makes at least $5,000 to host the tournament ($50,000 plus over the last 10 years). Their boosters work hard for that money which we all appreciate, but it's a privilege that shouldn't exist while the rest of us are having bake sales and washing cars every weekend for months.

I assure you they are having bake sales, bar-b-ques, an many other fund raising events.