Venue still an issue

texas23

I just want to get this straight; Jeff Jordan has perpetual home court advantage and also wants to pick his own referees? Seems very reasonable to me. Can the TSSAA also reward them an extra 6 points per match for the incovenience of sleeping in their own beds?

Maybe the TSSAA will be awarding a new trophy next year: The Jordan Whining Award. He has set the bar incredibly high.

Hey countrypk, you sound like the liberal media and democrats putting words in Coach Jordans mouth!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, Independence didn't place and I am also guessing you didn't watch Independence wrestle either. Whether or not we placed, the bracket placement was not correct and anyone that pays close enough attention to this sport and understands what is going on knows we were not in the correct spot. No big deal though we fought the best we could against Bradley and lost it after that. Forfeits or not, we wrestled Bradley tough and in my opinion tougher than any team in the state this year and we had an emotional let down after the match. I take full accountability for not having us ready for Clarksville but we had our kids believing we could beat Bradley and they were so pumped for it and then we lost. It was a tough lesson to learn as a new coach and as a young team. It was a tough match to rebound from and with sickness and injuries, Clarksville was too much for us to handle last night. We didn't have the gas to get past them and it showed. We put everything we have into trying to beat Bradley and my kids wrestled tough. To say that we proved the placement in the bracket was fair..... well that is crazy and your opinion. I could go on and on about how we defeated different teams on the bottom side of the bracket but when it is all said and done, it just does not matter one bit. We by far had the worst placement in the bracket and we were 100% placed in that spot and could not do anything except do our best. All we can do now is learn from our experience in Clarksville and go back to work on Monday. But to say we proved out placement, well I guess you're right, we were seeded 5th and we weren't suppose to place anyways then.

that sure is a long, long paragraph to agree with me. It seems like all we can really go on is the actual performance and not the desired performance.

Hey countrypk, you sound like the liberal media and democrats putting words in Coach Jordans mouth!

Here's the quote:

???Not one time have we wrestled in the state duals where we didn??™t have a Chattanooga official,??? Jordan said. ???All I ask for is to be fair. I mean of course I??™m biased, but I just want it to be a level field. I hate to say anything about the officiating, but it just wasn??™t level.???

I don't know if Ward Gossett is liberal and since he's from Chattanooga, he's probably not a Democrat. The fact that Jordan's teams enjoy a perpetual home advantage and would complain about where refs are from shows the man aint short on nerve. He won't get much sympathy from the rest of the state but I'll give him an A+ for effort.

Here's the quote:

???Not one time have we wrestled in the state duals where we didn??™t have a Chattanooga official,??? Jordan said. ???All I ask for is to be fair. I mean of course I??™m biased, but I just want it to be a level field. I hate to say anything about the officiating, but it just wasn??™t level.???

I don't know if Ward Gossett is liberal and since he's from Chattanooga, he's probably not a Democrat. The fact that Jordan's teams enjoy a perpetual home advantage and would complain about where refs are from shows the man aint short on nerve. He won't get much sympathy from the rest of the state but I'll give him an A+ for effort.

I was there and It didn't seem that there was any advantage toward Clarksville other than the fact that they slept in there own beds at night. BC had more fans( it seemed). Are you saying that because you think they have home team advantage they would never have any legitment complaint on any issue or is it just when it comes to ref's?

No. Numerous sites around the state host dual or individual tournaments with 20 to 30 teams participating every year. It is rediculously unfair to host the tournament in the same location every year for all of the obvious reasons. The tournament should be rotated - West, Middle and East TN. The same goes for the individual. TSSAA will just take the easy way out so long as everyone lets them. We have at least three locations that come to mind in the TriCities area alone with an excellent place being Freedom Hall in JC. But even as an excellent place for the tournament, it shouldn't be held there every year either.

West TN - identify the locations you have that can help to host these tournaments! There must be a number of places in Memphis, Jackson...

That having been said, the Clarksville site is overcrowded and hot. The teams when not wrestling have nowhere decent to relax, that is of course except for the Clarksville team which doesn't even have to warm up on the mats with everyone else. They come marching in just before the start of their matches from their own facilities. Real fair!

I agree that there are so many other sites in which to hold the State Tournament. The site of the TSSAA State Duals and Individuals should be rotated every four years to either a neutral location or a host school. The question is should the State Duals and Individuals both be held at the same location/site during each four period? There could be a site rotation starting in the 2009-2010 season with Chattanooga hosting until the conclusion of the 2011-2012 season. In the interim the powers to be with the collective input of the coaches across the state can be determining another suitable location for the 2012-2016 seasons. By evaluating the success of the McKenzie Arena site as well as its shortcomings/limitations as a guide in determining what would best for the wrestlers, coaches and the fans. I'm certain there are suitable sites in Middle TN, East TN and West TN that can more than accomodate the TSSAA State Tournament.

This in my opinion would help promote the sport even by making it accessbile to communities across the state and provide a fair solution to the many concerns people have over the same location(s) each year.

that sure is a long, long paragraph to agree with me. It seems like all we can really go on is the actual performance and not the desired performance.

Actual performance showed we beat Soddy and that we wrestled Bradley tougher than anybody in the state. That is actual performance. Sure we lost to Clarksville in the wrestle backs but honestly we didn't come there to get 3rd. It would have been great to place 3rd but we lost focus in the Clarksville match and we will recover and be ready in Chattanooga.

I think there is a fair argument to be had for both sides. The site is small and not very accommodating for teams other the CHS. I am all for a bigger venue that is held elsewhere as long as it is rotated along with the individuals. I think the bigger problem that they need to address is the profits that are made at these events, where do they go? I take it that CHS pockets what they make and every other school in Clarksville goes without. I think if the site is hosted in Clarksville in the future ASPU could be used (with appropriate scheduling). I think that some sort of profit sharing should be used between all the local schools that help host the event. People know why CHS is the only school in Clarksville with its own wrestling facility (a lot of money lives on that side of town). I live in Clarksville for the record and have attended duals over the years. This year was the first year that I attended since the privates went to father Ryan and I was hopeful but it was the same crowded, hot, rude place. Me and my boys left early.

Actual performance showed we beat Soddy and that we wrestled Bradley tougher than anybody in the state. That is actual performance. Sure we lost to Clarksville in the wrestle backs but honestly we didn't come there to get 3rd. It would have been great to place 3rd but we lost focus in the Clarksville match and we will recover and be ready in Chattanooga.

I believe they will.

the issue is that there is an argument going on about second place right now on these boards. And that is where my comment comes from on actual performance. Honestly, I thought Indy was the third best team in the bracket, but given the chance to pull that off, they were not able to. So unless you came to the tournament for second place, since third was not the goal, then who really cares? If second was the goal, then I do get the argument that those Indy supporters are making.

I believe they will.

the issue is that there is an argument going on about second place right now on these boards. And that is where my comment comes from on actual performance. Honestly, I thought Indy was the third best team in the bracket, but given the chance to pull that off, they were not able to. So unless you came to the tournament for second place, since third was not the goal, then who really cares? If second was the goal, then I do get the argument that those Indy supporters are making.

Correct Cleveland is the 2nd place team. I have never denied that or tried to dispute that nor should anyone else. We wanted our chance at Bradley, we got it and now we move on. Independence should have been on the bottom of the bracket and it didn't happen. We set our sites on 1st and we lost, end of story. Why on earth would we ever shot for 2nd? are you crazy or just delusional?

To be honest I think Indy supporters are upset because they feel like there was an injustice done with the bracket. Either way you slice or dice it now Cleveland is 2nd at the 2009 state duals. coach e did a great job with his boys and they deserved 2nd. I just wish we would have had a shot at all three Chat teams instead of just the two of them. But hey beating Soddy and wrestling Bradley pretty tought is better than just saying at home this past weekend.

Correct Cleveland is the 2nd place team. I have never denied that or tried to dispute that nor should anyone else. We wanted our chance at Bradley, we got it and now we move on. Independence should have been on the bottom of the bracket and it didn't happen. We set our sites on 1st and we lost, end of story. Why on earth would we ever shot for 2nd? are you crazy or just delusional?

To be honest I think Indy supporters are upset because they feel like there was an injustice done with the bracket. Either way you slice or dice it now Cleveland is 2nd at the 2009 state duals. coach e did a great job with his boys and they deserved 2nd. I just wish we would have had a shot at all three Chat teams instead of just the two of them. But hey beating Soddy and wrestling Bradley pretty tought is better than just saying at home this past weekend.

once again--well said!!

Why would I be crazy? I do not believe that Indy was on the wrong side of the bracket or the second place team. I have no delusions on what the results are. Some of your supports may have, but not me.

The best teams are not in Chatt, they are in Cleveland.

No. Numerous sites around the state host dual or individual tournaments with 20 to 30 teams participating every year. It is rediculously unfair to host the tournament in the same location every year for all of the obvious reasons. The tournament should be rotated - West, Middle and East TN. The same goes for the individual. TSSAA will just take the easy way out so long as everyone lets them. We have at least three locations that come to mind in the TriCities area alone with an excellent place being Freedom Hall in JC. But even as an excellent place for the tournament, it shouldn't be held there every year either.

West TN - identify the locations you have that can help to host these tournaments! There must be a number of places in Memphis, Jackson...

That having been said, the Clarksville site is overcrowded and hot. The teams when not wrestling have nowhere decent to relax, that is of course except for the Clarksville team which doesn't even have to warm up on the mats with everyone else. They come marching in just before the start of their matches from their own facilities. Real fair!

You should see the mat that CHS warms up on in their building. It's about a 30 year old mat with holes worn into it. They'd be better off warming up in the main or auxiliary gym. So i wouldnt consider that a huge advantage.