MC/Cornersville

babyblue05

This is game is for the D11a season title. It should be a great game, a game MC should win but it will be close cause once again MC looks to me like there best players aren't seeing the court a whole lot they have a player or two that do nothing but waste space with the exepction of a 3 every six games MAYBE! #31 is a good player from what i've seen but she seems to be the 3rd Post but i believe she has played the wing before The 8th grade post player seems to be a good player sometimes you gotta look ahead. Next year are 5 best players will be 2 gaurds and 3 post players gotta find away to get em on the court why waist one on the bench when It seems atleast one is able to play the wing. Bottom line get your playmakers in there no sense in having wasted space out there when there are players on the bench compable of doing better than what ya got. It will show against better teams and has. Lets hope it changes b4 it's to late.

This is game is for the D11a season title. It should be a great game, a game MC should win but it will be close cause once again MC looks to me like there best players aren't seeing the court a whole lot they have a player or two that do nothing but waste space with the exepction of a 3 every six games MAYBE! #31 is a good player from what i've seen but she seems to be the 3rd Post but i believe she has played the wing before The 8th grade post player seems to be a good player sometimes you gotta look ahead. Next year are 5 best players will be 2 gaurds and 3 post players gotta find away to get em on the court why waist one on the bench when It seems atleast one is able to play the wing. Bottom line get your playmakers in there no sense in having wasted space out there when there are players on the bench compable of doing better than what ya got. It will show against better teams and has. Lets hope it changes b4 it's to late.

They have tried #31 at guard earlier this year and she wasn't picking up the defense to quick. But i'd agree if were talking bout the same girl from what ive seen she can't play Defense or Offense and i've been too most of there games. Can't create anything of the dribble she is a turnover waiting to happen. She maybe a lil quicker than #31 but that quickness does no good if you can create anything from it.

They have tried #31 at guard earlier this year and she wasn't picking up the defense to quick. But i'd agree if were talking bout the same girl from what ive seen she can't play Defense or Offense and i've been too most of there games. Can't create anything of the dribble she is a turnover waiting to happen. She maybe a lil quicker than #31 but that quickness does no good if you can create anything from it.

Congrats to Cornersville!

With that said I think everybody that was at the game can actually sees what I was talking about. Cornersville got out early on are starting 5. You gotta have your playmakers in there most of the time expecially at the end. We are just a better team bottomline with #3 at wing and #31 or #22 at post. That gives us 2 guards that can handle the ball instead of 1. Just don't see what is really happening I mean is it a pitty thing cause that would mean a SR. would be on the bench? Or is it that she really thinks she has her best 5 out there.

Congrats to Cornersville!

With that said I think everybody that was at the game can actually sees what I was talking about. Cornersville got out early on are starting 5. You gotta have your playmakers in there most of the time expecially at the end. We are just a better team bottomline with #3 at wing and #31 or #22 at post. That gives us 2 guards that can handle the ball instead of 1. Just don't see what is really happening I mean is it a pitty thing cause that would mean a SR. would be on the bench? Or is it that she really thinks she has her best 5 out there.

I always thought the best five were the ones on the floor at the end of the game (not counting when you have to sub for foul trouble) when the chips are down. To me, who you start isn't nearly as important. Hasn't 31 been out for injury? Has she rehabed up to par and got herself back into shape, shooting, dribbling without turnovers, etc.? Last few games I saw she had two or three traveling turnovers. Then last night her turnovers (4+) weren't because of bad passes, but bouncing it off her foot or spinning and losing the ball kind of turnovers. Seems like turnovers go both ways with the players you are talking about. She is a good player from what I have seen. She is a versitile player able to play most anywhere, but has to be at the top of her game. I haven't seen her anywhere near what she was before she was injured. Looks like to me she just needs to work hard to get back to where she was before she was injured. When she is able to step in and be a consistant playmaker and she will probably be the one on the floor when the chips are down. If you want to play...you gotta work at it even when no one is making you. She may be making every effort. In that case, good play will show up soon. When you hit the floor you have to have confidence and it will show. Right now confidence isn't showing for more than just one player on the team.

As the district play unfolds we will see what the team is made of. My bet is still on Moore County taking the district win. It is late in the season to be wondering why a coach starts a certain five. I am not sure I would change my rotation if I were in the same boat. We are defending well and our bench, for the most part, get plenty of minutes. Sometimes, I think you have to have a good clean rotation in key positions to keep from dropping six or eight points when you sub. In the case of last night, the subs battled us back in the game. That is great teamwork! When the Raiderettes internalize that it is all about a team effort and nothing more, we will come out on top! Everyone can't be at the top of their game every night, so someone else has to step up. We are good at stepping up. Look at the box scores for the year. The team has a broad scoring base of players that many teams don't have. In the end, it will make the team hard to stop because anyone can be leading scorer.

Work hard Raiderettes! You've got defense that is hard to break! You've got great fundamentals on both ends of the court! Don't be satisfied with unmade shots! Polish the finish! That is all that is missing! Put it all together and polish your finish!

Cornersville will travel to White House to play a late season game w/ WHHeritage this Friday nite. I am glad that we didn't schedule some powder puff team right before the district tourney starts. This will be "hopefuly" a primer for both teams to boost their game up before the post season run starts. Cornersville had a 4th quater comeback to win the game against us last time at your place.....maybe we can return the favor on our home court this time...haha.

We are looking forward to playing one of the more talented teams from another region of Tennessee it will be good for the team, barring injury. Also congrats on your victory against Moore Co.

By the way.... We are having a Chili Supper and Silent Auction at the School to benefit the Athletic Department here before the game on Friday night. We do have some pretty good cooks here so come early, hungry and eat some chili and look around at some of the items on sale, I think it is our 3rd annual.

Have a safe trip up/

I always thought the best five were the ones on the floor at the end of the game (not counting when you have to sub for foul trouble) when the chips are down. To me, who you start isn't nearly as important. Hasn't 31 been out for injury? Has she rehabed up to par and got herself back into shape, shooting, dribbling without turnovers, etc.? Last few games I saw she had two or three traveling turnovers. Then last night her turnovers (4+) weren't because of bad passes, but bouncing it off her foot or spinning and losing the ball kind of turnovers. Seems like turnovers go both ways with the players you are talking about. She is a good player from what I have seen. She is a versitile player able to play most anywhere, but has to be at the top of her game. I haven't seen her anywhere near what she was before she was injured. Looks like to me she just needs to work hard to get back to where she was before she was injured. When she is able to step in and be a consistant playmaker and she will probably be the one on the floor when the chips are down. If you want to play...you gotta work at it even when no one is making you. She may be making every effort. In that case, good play will show up soon. When you hit the floor you have to have confidence and it will show. Right now confidence isn't showing for more than just one player on the team.

As the district play unfolds we will see what the team is made of. My bet is still on Moore County taking the district win. It is late in the season to be wondering why a coach starts a certain five. I am not sure I would change my rotation if I were in the same boat. We are defending well and our bench, for the most part, get plenty of minutes. Sometimes, I think you have to have a good clean rotation in key positions to keep from dropping six or eight points when you sub. In the case of last night, the subs battled us back in the game. That is great teamwork! When the Raiderettes internalize that it is all about a team effort and nothing more, we will come out on top! Everyone can't be at the top of their game every night, so someone else has to step up. We are good at stepping up. Look at the box scores for the year. The team has a broad scoring base of players that many teams don't have. In the end, it will make the team hard to stop because anyone can be leading scorer.

Work hard Raiderettes! You've got defense that is hard to break! You've got great fundamentals on both ends of the court! Don't be satisfied with unmade shots! Polish the finish! That is all that is missing! Put it all together and polish your finish!

What your saying is very true. She has been injuried and Last game was probably her best game since she has been back. Besides from the turnover off her foot she played a solid ballgame. I totatly understand what your saying but wouldn't you want players in there that you know CAN make plays rather than players that everybody knows CAN'T.