Whats up with Moore County?

FridayMainEvent

I saw were they got beat by 33 points last night to a team they beat on January 16th. I think they have only won 2 games all season according to Coacht schedule posted. This is traditionally a very solid program. What seems to be the problem this season? Are they very young, just hit a run of no athletes is their current upperclassman? (happens in small schools sometimes) or is the problem coaching? I haven't seen them play and was just curious. /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw were they got beat by 33 points last night to a team they beat on January 16th. I think they have only won 2 games all season according to Coacht schedule posted. This is traditionally a very solid program. What seems to be the problem this season? Are they very young, just hit a run of no athletes is their current upperclassman? (happens in small schools sometimes) or is the problem coaching? I haven't seen them play and was just curious. /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

The biggest factor IMO with the Raiders this year is they are young and inexpereinced. Last year the Raiders played about all seniors, so this year team has not had a great deal of court time.

The biggest factor IMO with the Raiders this year is they are young and inexpereinced. Last year the Raiders played about all seniors, so this year team has not had a great deal of court time.

Do they have a new coach as well? Moore Co. is one of those programs that is always solid every year.

You would think that by going 29-5 last year while making a run to the semi-finals there would of been plenty of chances to get these younger kids some court time. Were the majority of there games close last year, thus preventing it?

You would think that by going 29-5 last year while making a run to the semi-finals there would of been plenty of chances to get these younger kids some court time. Were the majority of there games close last year, thus preventing it?

what are yountrying to start by posting this. coach king is an excellent coach, got them to the state tournament last year. They are down this year and have overachieved to win two games. give the man credit he could have had another job but stayed to coach a team that he knew would struggle. Most coaches like to chase talent instead of sticking with a job through thick and thin. coach king you will always have my RESPECT for doing it the right way.

what are yountrying to start by posting this. coach king is an excellent coach, got them to the state tournament last year. They are down this year and have overachieved to win two games. give the man credit he could have had another job but stayed to coach a team that he knew would struggle. Most coaches like to chase talent instead of sticking with a job through thick and thin. coach king you will always have my RESPECT for doing it the right way.

Why are you getting your panties in such a wad? I'm not trying to start anything. 29-5 record going to only 2 wins is one of the biggest drop offs I've ever seen. I was only asking what the main reason for it was. I didn't see anyone blame your Coach for it. I don't even know the guy. Maybe you shouldn't be so sensitive. This IS a message board!

Why are you getting your panties in such a wad? I'm not trying to start anything. 29-5 record going to only 2 wins is one of the biggest drop offs I've ever seen. I was only asking what the main reason for it was. I didn't see anyone blame your Coach for it. I don't even know the guy. Maybe you shouldn't be so sensitive. This IS a message board!

IMO, the coach is doing fine. They are just a young and inexperience team. They just need some more playing time.

IMO, the coach is doing fine. They are just a young and inexperience team. They just need some more playing time.

Thanks MRJ. I have many friends over there and actually have a couple of softball players on my travel team from Lynchburg so I was curious. Glad to see EVERYONE didn't view a simple question as a slam on a Coach.

Thanks MRJ. I have many friends over there and actually have a couple of softball players on my travel team from Lynchburg so I was curious. Glad to see EVERYONE didn't view a simple question as a slam on a Coach.

read your first post "or is the problem coaching". All stuff like this is good for is to encourage people to blame the coach. You act like you are a master coacht poster when someone dont agree with you. I really have a problem with people challenging a coach on this or any other web site.

read your first post "or is the problem coaching". All stuff like this is good for is to encourage people to blame the coach. You act like you are a master coacht poster when someone dont agree with you. I really have a problem with people challenging a coach on this or any other web site.

Like I said, I don't know anything about your Coach and have no connection to your Men's program. Bad seasons are often just as much due to Coaching as lack of talent. It is a fact of life. Apparently in the MC program it is a case of inexperience. All bad seasons are due to one or the other usually. (sometimes a lot of injuries also). As I said earlier, chill, nobody is going after your coach.