Hillsboro: Arthur McMillan

Centennial: Drew Kelley (MVP)

Ravenwood: Richmond Watkins

Overton: Patrick McPhail

Hillwood: none

Top Coaches:

Coach King

Coach Johnson

I agree with everything said above. But does the arguement that because Drew Kelly's team is not even in the top 4 become a problem for the MVP award?

Top Tier Teams:

Franklin (3): James Haddix, Michael Young, Peyton Henry

Brentwood (3): Kyle Teichmann, David Hood, Kevin Bach

Indy (2): Blake Carden, Ryan Eilermann

Bottom Tier Teams

Top Coaches:

Coach King

Coach Johnson

I believe the way all district is chosen changed last year. So, you could have multiple members from a few teams and none on others.

Top Tier Teams:

Bottom Tier Teams

Top Coaches:

Coach King

Coach Johnson

Great point by brentwoodking regarding my MVP choice from a lower tier team. I usually prefer that the MVP does come from a top tier team, however, this year I felt Kelly was the clear choice as Best Player in 11-AAA. To my knowledge, he is the only D1 recruit at this point. I think the other top players are going to end up at the NAIA or DII, DIII level.

Great point by brentwoodking regarding my MVP choice from a lower tier team. I usually prefer that the MVP does come from a top tier team, however, this year I felt Kelly was the clear choice as Best Player in 11-AAA. To my knowledge, he is the only D1 recruit at this point. I think the other top players are going to end up at the NAIA or DII, DIII level.

Shouldn't matter what team he plays on, shouldn't matter who is a D1 recruit. It should go to who has meant the most to their team this year. Kelly gets and takes a lot of shots and yes, I know he really doesn't have a lot to go with him this year. I think the mvp will probably be teichmann simply because he is on the #1 team and the other "best" player on his team went down early in the year with a season ending injury. He has more help but he has carried them this year.

I think those are the only two real choices though.

Shouldn't matter what team he plays on, shouldn't matter who is a D1 recruit. It should go to who has meant the most to their team this year. Kelly gets and takes a lot of shots and yes, I know he really doesn't have a lot to go with him this year. I think the mvp will probably be teichmann simply because he is on the #1 team and the other "best" player on his team went down early in the year with a season ending injury. He has more help but he has carried them this year.

I dont think theres any doubt that Kelly has carried Centennial this year. But the fact is they arent in the top half of the district. Any chance of a co-MVP with Teichmann and Kelly?

Great points BigPoppa, however I think the MVP is considered the best player (most talented) in the league, not the most valuable for their particular team. Most valuable for their team becomes a very subjective vote and brings a player from almost every team into the discussion. I do understand your point and this debate keeps coming up every year. I do agree that Teichmann is a close 2nd in the MVP race. He is an extremely productive go-to player and the fact he is the best player on one of the top teams makes him a serious contender.

Top Tier Teams:

Bottom Tier Teams

Top Coaches:

Coach King

Coach Johnson

[

These picks look very accurate, except maybe Teichmann for MVP. /quote]

I believe that the MVP is the most valuable player and not necessarily the best player. I wonder how many games Brentwood would have won without Tiechman,probably not that many. With Drew Centennial did not even win 50% of their district games.He is valuable to their team, but I do not believe that he should win MVP for the district. Carden for Independance should get votes before Kelley because without him I do not believe that his team would have a winning record.In order to be considered MVP your team should finish at least in the top 2 or 3 teams.

I believe that the MVP is the most valuable player and not necessarily the best player. I wonder how many games Brentwood would have won without Tiechman,probably not that many. With Drew Centennial did not even win 50% of their district games.He is valuable to their team, but I do not believe that he should win MVP for the district. Carden for Independance should get votes before Kelley because without him I do not believe that his team would have a winning record.In order to be considered MVP your team should finish at least in the top 2 or 3 teams.

It has been a strange year for CHS. I really thought they would challenge for the title.....of course, they could go on a run thru the tourney, but that would be a shocker.

If MVP is to be from top tier only, then my votes would go: 1 Teichmann, 2 Haddix 2 Carden.

If record is not a factor, then my votes would go: 1 Kelly, 2 Teichmann, 3 Haddix 3 Carden.

Ok, while the argument for Tiechman is half valid, if Kelly had not played for Centennial, Centennial would have won 4 games +-1! He is hands down the MVP of this district and I think its biased for someone to say otherwise.