portland panther baseball 2009

seymourbutts1

The portland panthers had a rough year after going winless in the district and going 7-21 overall. i like them to improve alot under new coach jimmy parker. he is a great motivator and knows his baseball. he turned around a boyd buchannan program to a big time competitor. They also return their rotation last year (ben goodwin, sr. chris wix,sr. and shawn wheeley,so.) They are much improved with a solid, experienced bullpen (jeffery stewart, sr. and michael cope, sr.) they also added white house transfer mike kessler who is a big additon. i like them to improve alot while their district lost alot of talent i look for great things.

c-aaron whitten,jr.-solid, quick catcher (1st year starter)

1b-adam brown,sr.-great power hitter (2nd year starter)

2b-mike kessler,sr-transfer with quickness and power

ss-jeffery stewart,sr-smooth in the field with a good bat (2nd year starter)

3b-chris wix-good,sr- strong arm (2nd year starter)

lf-aj whitten,sr-smart athletic outfielder (2nd year starter)

cf-andrew hammonds,so-great young athlete (2nd year starter)

rf-michael martin, jr.-great athlete adjusting to the field (2nd year starter)

p-ben goodwin, sr.- overall good player (3rd year starter)

shawn wheely- started last year and will move in and out

justin jernigan-started some last year solid infielder that will move in and out

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebod needs to bring intensity to the portlanf program they are usually just dull and blah maybe a coach can. Thats what i always see when Portland plays

they just got new coach jimmy parker and he brings the intensity every pitch at practice. their old coach just did not have the drive to compete and the players showed that in their play. they are improving each and every day. they have nowhere to go but up. i like coach parker and i believe he is very interested in building them back up.

jimmy parker will be able to bring alot of experience and enthusiasm to the program. He built the Boyd Buchanan program into one that would compete with anyone in the state. Before he took over the Boyd program, they had never really been competitive, especially against higher classifications. Boyd beat Science Hill and Soddy Daisy last year. The best thing about jp is he will hold the players accountable and will teach them how to become young men. Coming back to Portland has been his dream job. If the players will buy into his program, and the outsiders stay out, he will be able to put together a competitive program. Good luck!!!

Is Mike Kessler, the new transfer, the same Kessler that quit the White House team last year during the season. If that is so, how is he able to play this year? I thought you had to sit out a season if you transfered.

well somehow he is on the roster and will play this year. should be a good addition he is strong, quick, and has a killer arm.

The portland panthers had a rough year after going winless in the district and going 7-21 overall. i like them to improve alot under new coach jimmy parker. he is a great motivator and knows his baseball. he turned around a boyd buchannan program to a big time competitor. They also return their rotation last year (ben goodwin, sr. chris wix,sr. and shawn wheeley,so.) They are much improved with a solid, experienced bullpen (jeffery stewart, sr. and michael cope, sr.) they also added white house transfer mike kessler who is a big additon. i like them to improve alot while their district lost alot of talent i look for great things.

c-aaron whitten,jr.-solid, quick catcher (1st year starter)

1b-adam brown,sr.-great power hitter (2nd year starter)

2b-mike kessler,sr-transfer with quickness and power

ss-jeffery stewart,sr-smooth in the field with a good bat (2nd year starter)

3b-chris wix-good,sr- strong arm (2nd year starter)

lf-aj whitten,sr-smart athletic outfielder (2nd year starter)

cf-andrew hammonds,so-great young athlete (2nd year starter)

rf-michael martin, jr.-great athlete adjusting to the field (2nd year starter)

p-ben goodwin, sr.- overall good player (3rd year starter)

shawn wheely- started last year and will move in and out

justin jernigan-started some last year solid infielder that will move in and out

It looks as if you guys need to go ahead a book your rooms for the spring fling. About the new coach, why did he get fired from his old school ? (I would think if you where that good you wouldn't get fired. It's tough to lose your job in the education sysyem) Most of his wins came when he was coaching a week A region, and couldn't win in a weak AA district. Look back as see how many state championship have been won in his new district since the late 1990's up until now. I am still wondering why he didn't reschedule a district game last year ??? The only thing he has going for him this year is that the district is down. Good Luck