Hampshire Hawks basketball

ssssssss

I got to see Hampshire play tonight. They play with no seniors, just sophs and freshmen. Ive watched a lot of b ball in my day and the Hawks got some of the best young talent anywhere. Boshers and Lemire are dynamic and Lemay reminds me a lot of Tyler Thompson when Thompson was a soph. Boshers has one of the sweetest shots Ive seen and Lemire is FAST. His game reminds me of Allen Iverson. Mayberry is a nice little guard too. They also have some other promising big guys. I guess you can say you heard it here first but look for a big push towards the top of the region from Hampshire in 2010 and 2011. Impressive bunch of young kids and pretty well coached too. Da Hawks are gonna be sprouting some long wings very soon. Definitely a fun group to watch. The Hawk nest might be THE place to watch 1a b ball in the near future.

yea i agree having watched the play twice this year. this is a team that is obviously on the rise... but something else to look at is Perry County . Because like Hampshire, Perry county has no seniors. and they beat summertown this year. while starting 3 freshman a sophmore and 1 junior. Their Jr class has some great talent. they have 1 sophomore how is one of the best athletes around. and the freshmen are very skilled and gettin better every night. sad to see hampshire leavin 12a while they r improving. But i think Perry Countys young talents trumps Hampshire. But i do wish hampshire goodluck and i hope they rise to a top 4 seed next year. good luck.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i agree having watched the play twice this year. this is a team that is obviously on the rise... but something else to look at is Perry County . Because like Hampshire, Perry county has no seniors. and they beat summertown this year. while starting 3 freshman a sophmore and 1 junior. Their Jr class has some great talent. they have 1 sophomore how is one of the best athletes around. and the freshmen are very skilled and gettin better every night. sad to see hampshire leavin 12a while they r improving. But i think Perry Countys young talents trumps Hampshire. But i do wish hampshire goodluck and i hope they rise to a top 4 seed next year. good luck.

I agree Perry County has some good young talent as well but i think Hampshire's young boys could play with them. I know personally Hampshire starts 3 sophmores and 2 freshman. Hampshire played Wayne County to 6 at Hampshire and Collinwood to 18. Collinwood is number 6 in the state you cant say alot about 3 sophmores and 2 freshmen playing the number 6 team to 18 points. At halftime the Hawks were down 2. Look forward to Hampshire at the top of the district in the next couple of years, THEY WILL BE THERE.

I agree Perry County has some good young talent as well but i think Hampshire's young boys could play with them. I know personally Hampshire starts 3 sophmores and 2 freshman. Hampshire played Wayne County to 6 at Hampshire and Collinwood to 18. Collinwood is number 6 in the state you cant say alot about 3 sophmores and 2 freshmen playing the number 6 team to 18 points. At halftime the Hawks were down 2. Look forward to Hampshire at the top of the district in the next couple of years, THEY WILL BE THERE.

collinwood also doesnt play defense...i take it they wernt shootin good or they would have won by 30. (or so i've heard) im lookin forward to how these suposedly no defense teams(collinwood) plays against suposedly awesome defenses (culleoka) in the region tourny.

Hampshire caught Collinwood by surprise. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> I think they may have done that on several occasions with other opponents. I think that was just what Hampshire needed to get a young team motivated--I'd look out for them in the future--they will be tough.