District 13A

InspectorVol

The wind was awful did not know Derrick was your son its an easy compliment he is a very good hitter. Kid who pitched for us is a soph hope he is that good rest of the season cause we will need it to stay in the district race . he was out of gas in the 7th after such a strong sixth inning glad to hav gotten those insurance runs . good luck to you guys the rest of the way i told every one yall were the dark horse in the district.

Well I haven't said anything about him being my son as I want people to feel free to say what they will about the team or him if it comes up.

Yea, we are gonna be a real dark horse, like finish at the bottom, if we don't start playing defense every game. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I expect our offense to improve as the year goes and defense too as we have really been hampered by a lack of practice due to a lack of facilities. There will be a nice field to play on next year but not this year. Two years in a row with no home field.

Good luck the rest of the way.

He will be a really good pitcher for ya'll by the time he is a senior. 7 innings is a long outing for anyone.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huntindon is on a role now. They have won 8 of the last 9, with the only lost being to hardin county(AAA school i think). We have finally figured out all of our problems and have got most of them fixed. We play west carroll monday and tuesday this week that will be two big district games. And starting thursday will we be playing in our own tournament. I just hope that we can keep playing as well as we are right now and we should have good shot at being in the state tournament again this year.

Huntingdon beat West Carroll 5 to 0 last night . Well pitched and error free game for the most part by both teams . Huntingdon able to put together a few more hits than West Carroll for the win. Hatch is one of the better pitchers in the area very good fastball, best we hav seen this year, when he keeps it down and a nice curveball he can throw for a strike.

Huntingdon swept the series with West Carroll last night 11 to 0 . Huntingdon hit the ball very well ,West Carroll pitching well below average last night . Cody Crocker threw a very good game . West Carroll playing well below expectations at this point , but always the next game to look forward to thats the joy of baseball. at Dresden today with another chance to improve.

I was hoping you guys could pull the split.

After looking at our season stats, we are right there on the cusp of doing really well, but have not got over the hump yet. Too many runners left on base and too many strikeouts which go hand in hand. That and errors have been what has killed us. If we just cut those down to average we would have a much better record. Hopefully we will improve as the year goes and be ready at tourney time.

Starts with Milan today if we want to turn it around. Got Huntingdon next week in the district.

Huntingdon swept the series with West Carroll last night 11 to 0 . Huntingdon hit the ball very well ,West Carroll pitching well below average last night . Cody Crocker threw a very good game . West Carroll playing well below expectations at this point , but always the next game to look forward to thats the joy of baseball. at Dresden today with another chance to improve.

West Carroll lost to Dresden 17 to 7 . Bats were better defense was terrible and pitching wasnt as bad as score indicates no defense coupled around some hits will rsult in alot of runs. Matt Beaty for Dresden hit 2 homeruns neither would hav been out on a regular field , only 280 in right, but he is still one of the best hitters i hav seen this year and a really good kid as well. At Bradford on Fri.

We tied them in 7 when we played. Should have won but didn't.

We lost to Milan yesterday like 13-0 and looked bad doing it. Pitching only gave up like 2 earned runs maybe. Errors are killing us. That and we only got 2 or 3 hits. Milan is a better team than us but if we play good defense the game would have been in reach and then one swing of the bat can catch you right back up.

They through a pretty good lefty. Nothing you shouldn't be able to hit especially on the second time through the lineup though.

Geesh I hope we get better as we are not playing up to our abilities at all. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

West Carroll lost to Dresden 17 to 7 . Bats were better defense was terrible and pitching wasnt as bad as score indicates no defense coupled around some hits will rsult in alot of runs. Matt Beaty for Dresden hit 2 homeruns neither would hav been out on a regular field , only 280 in right, but he is still one of the best hitters i hav seen this year and a really good kid as well. At Bradford on Fri.

West Carroll beat Haywood Co. 7 to 4 today. feels good to finally get a win. Down 4 to 3 in the seventh scored 4 runs to get a much needed win. Dalton Dunn pitched the complete game for the win with Clint McClain, Brett Singleton and Jacob Cunningham coming up with big hits in the seventh.