Hiko Walden

MVM

Waldon, Katsuhiko

posted February 10, 2009

Katsuhiko Waldon

Katsuhiko Waldon, 56, of Chattanooga, died on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at his home. He was born September 12, 1952 in Okinawa, Japan.

Mr. Waldon was well-known in Chattanooga for his association with various soccer organizations including the National Inter-Collegian Soccer Officials Association, the Southeast Soccer Officials Association, the United States Soccer Federation, and the Tennessee State Soccer Association.

He was employed with McKee Foods Corporation for the past 26 years.

His stepfather, Gary Waldon Sr. preceded him in death.

Survivors include his wife of 29 years, Cheryl Waldon; two sons, Justin (Wendy) Waldon of Huntsville, Alabama; Austin Waldon of Chattanooga; mother, Emiko Waldon of Jacksonville, N.C.; brothers, Hiroaki (Itoe) Uemura of Okinawa, Japan; Gary (Leslie) Waldon Jr. of Raleigh, North Carolina; sister, Judy Annette (Troy) Kaiser of Foley, Al.; granddaughters, Brittaney Madison Metcalf and Kohana Grace Waldon.

Funeral services will be held Friday at 4 p.m. in the East Brainerd Chapel with Rev. Granville Seward officiating.

The family will receive friends on Friday from 1-4 p.m. at the funeral home.

There will be no burial to follow as the body is being cremated.

Memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of Chattanooga, P.O. Box 19269, Chattanooga, Tn. 37416, or Blood Assurance of Chattanooga, 700 East 3rd Street, Chattanooga, Tn. 37403.

Arrangements are by Chattanooga Funeral Home, Crematory and Florist, 8214 East Brainerd Road, Chattanooga.

Please share your thoughts and memories at Mem.com.

Personal Note; I have always been in awe of this man. I have yelled at him at times as a coach, as a spectator and I have backed him up as a fellow ref. But regardless of the situation he always treated everyone with respect and carried a smile through out it all.....Hiko you will be missed.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_144470.asp

I had the pleasure of being ref'd by Hiko for atleast 7 years throughout highschool and club. I don't think there was a friendlier guy in town. He was always in a good mood, no matter the outcome of a game or how he was treated. A true staple for Chattanooga soccer that will be greatly missed.