Region 4

ru4mocs

1. Hixson (Hix) 191; 2. Soddy Daisy (SD) 190; 3. Ooltewah (O) 174.5; 4. Notre Dame (ND) 112; 5. Silverdale (Sil) 70; 6. Red Bank (RB) 69.5; 7. East Ridge (ER) 59; 8. Signal Mountain (SM) 36.5; 9. Whitwell (W) 19; 10. Howard (How) 16; 11. Sale Creek (SC) 14; 12. Lookout Valley (LV) 9; 13. Brainerd (/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> 4; 14. Temple (T) 3.

CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS

103 ??“ Grayson Mullin (ND) dec. Madison Martin (RB), 8-1;

112 ??“ Dustin Gardner (SD) dec. Jack Boone (ND), 6-4;

119 ??“ Dustin Stewart (SD) major dec. Logan Vandergriff (Hix), 14-4;

125 ??“ Campbell Lewis (SD) dec. Tee Boone (ND), 1-0;

130 ??“ Cody Hood (O) dec. Taylor Witt (SD), 3-2;

135 ??“ Tony Tolbert (RB) major dec. Ryan Powell (Sil), 15-7;

140 ??“ Jonathan Taylor (RB) major dec. Gary Cosey (Hix), 18-4;

145 ??“ Brandon Lane (SD) major dec. Evan Hubbs (O), 13-3;

152 ??“ Justin Mathieson (Hix) major dec. Brent Elliott (O), 13-5;

160 ??“ Nick Alemany (Hix) dec. Richard Manning (O), 6-4;

171 ??“ Jake Young (O) won by technical fall over Brenden Dusevic (ND), 5:40;

189 ??“ Tyler Toon (O) major dec. Brody Conterino (Sil), 12-1;

215 ??“ Todd Worley (Hix) dec. Eric Phipps (ND), 5-4;

285 ??“ MeJ Richmond (SD) pinned Aaron Hamlett (O), 1:09.

CONSOLATION FINALS

103 ??“ Ryan Gardner (SD) won by technical fall over Giovanti Palacio (Hix), 4:15;

112 ??“ Cole Stevens (Hix) major dec. John Whitley (ER), 13-5;

119 ??“ Nick Millard (ND) dec. Tyler Harvey (O), 6-3;

125 ??“ Jacob Purkey (O) dec. Logan Henley (SM), 8-5;

130 ??“ Drew Schefano (Hix) major dec. Brandon Kerley (RB), 11-0;

135 ??“ Jake Gamble (SD) dec. Curtis Flanagan (Hix), 5-2;

140 ??“ Brock Pressley (SM) dec. Nick Whitfield (O), 4-0;

145 ??“ Jeremy Vasterling (Hix) pinned Matt Durham (SC), :45

152 ??“ Jake Fien (SD) dec. Stefan Nelson (ER), 4-2 in overtime;

160 ??“ Jerry Caperton (How) dec. Dylan Heath (ND), 12-10;

171 ??“ Micah Kidd (ER) dec. Zach McCarter (Hix), 6-4 in overtime;

189 ??“ Makel Kidd (ER) pinned Billy Swanson (SD), 2:43;

215 ??“ Josh Mackey (Sil) pinned Dane Dewet (SM), 2:45;

285 ??“ Alphonzo Smith (Hix) pinned Brandon Morgan (ER), 2:16.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hixson won several district and region titles in the (70's) won it all in 73, second in 72 and third in 74, I think the order is right. They also stayed in the top 5 for a few years after 74 and had quite a few state champions. I am not too sure about the early 80's and the region championship, but they won the region in 87 and 90 as well. They had seven state champions (one Outstanding Wrestler) in the 80's. Its all on their website. Hixsonwrestling.com. Coach Connell (McCallie) coached there and one of his kids Roger Vandergriff took over in 84or 85 with him turning it over to one of his kids Garrick Hall. In between Connell and Vandergriff was Coach Copeland. So they have kept in the family so far.

Who da thunk it..

Congrats, to the Hixson Wildcats, I believe a well deserved Championship. They don't have any big name rasslers with the exception of Todd Worley, but they are solid all the way thru their line-up. I really enjoyed watching the 103lber receiving his medal, it reminded me of Jordan Harless last year.

If there is any question on who the best rassler in the State is, I am going to set you free with this info....

With no doubt in my mind, (which is still considered the smartest on CoachT) Mr Young from my 2nd favorite team is the MAN. So study this information, for we will be having a test at the end of the year and I want to make sure that everyone gets this answer correct.

Congrats again

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Who da thunk it..

Congrats, to the Hixson Wildcats, I believe a well deserved Championship. They don't have any big name rasslers with the exception of Todd Worley, but they are solid all the way thru their line-up. I really enjoyed watching the 103lber receiving his medal, it reminded me of Jordan Harless last year.

If there is any question on who the best rassler in the State is, I am going to set you free with this info....

With no doubt in my mind, (which is still considered the smartest on CoachT) Mr Young from my 2nd favorite team is the MAN. So study this information, for we will be having a test at the end of the year and I want to make sure that everyone gets this answer correct.

Congrats again

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I thought I was the master of the obvious,,, Mr Young just needs to do HIS thing and the MOW is his.

As for Hixson.... I can't say enough for my baby brother. Way to go and it would be very difficult for Blackman to win in a dual now, and perhaps even out score Hixson next week.

Bro, you said early on you had some goals to help Garrick and bring back some of Hixson's winning ways and it appears you didn't hurt things over there. Way to go!!!

The Soms

I thought I was the master of the obvious,,, Mr Young just needs to do HIS thing and the MOW is his.

As for Hixson.... I can't say enough for my baby brother. Way to go and it would be very difficult for Blackman to win in a dual now, and perhaps even out score Hixson next week.

Bro, you said early on you had some goals to help Garrick and bring back some of Hixson's winning ways and it appears you didn't hurt things over there. Way to go!!!

The Soms

Thanks bro,

The kids are working really hard and Garrick is running some great practices! They realize who they are and more importantly who Hixson is supposed to be. We still have a lot of challenges ahead of us, but certainly these are all steps in the right direction. I am hopeful that we are getting back to our past while we make a great future! Look forward to having you guys down here! Obviously your boys will have some great times! Thanks for supporting the black and gold!

The Soms

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who da thunk it is right.

BCB and Soms singing off the same sheet in the songbook? The lamb and the lion lay down together.

This could be a sign that they are wearing fur coats to beat the freezing temps down under; that Vandy can win an SEC football title; that the EBE can once again beat TBSFBAG in wrestling; that TBSFBAG and DaBears will meet on the wrestling mat------well, let's not go that far. And they say that politics makes strange bedfellows.

Welcome back Soms------where ya been? BCB has been wasting away without you.

Not to take anything away from Mr. Young, an awesome wrestler indeed, and recognizing that BCB is considered one of the best and brightest minds in wrestling message board posting ( currently ranked No. 3 in the latest NAWBP poll), but it says here that Mr. Croy from Middle Tennessee might give Mr.Young a run for the money for OW at the D-I tournament.

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who da thunk it is right.

BCB and Soms singing off the same sheet in the songbook? The lamb and the lion lay down together.

This could be a sign that they are wearing fur coats to beat the freezing temps down under; that Vandy can win an SEC football title; that the EBE can once again beat TBSFBAG in wrestling; that TBSFBAG and DaBears will meet on the wrestling mat------well, let's not go that far. And they say that politics makes strange bedfellows.

Welcome back Soms------where ya been? BCB has been wasting away without you.

Not to take anything away from Mr. Young, an awesome wrestler indeed, and recognizing that BCB is considered one of the best and brightest minds in wrestling message board posting ( currently ranked No. 3 in the latest NAWBP poll), but it says here that Mr. Croy from Middle Tennessee might give Mr.Young a run for the money for OW at the D-I tournament.

If you checked the rankings you will see that it was a misprint to have me at #3, ask In Hoc.

Taking nothing a way from Cameron Croy, because he is a great rassler, plus he takes a nice photo for SI,buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Mr Young is in a league by himself, Uncle Bucky Poo. I think if you ask EFT 171 lber he would confirm my obvious pick. There again I got all the love in the world for Cameron, but I'll take Mr Young lay 5.5 points to anyone and that includes all those big ol Hwys and collect all day.

I am starting a new post, who's the smartest Buck of BRB, cause I'm tired of reading about the initial schools rassling each other. I hope that you will bring your A game Buck, and not complain if a Chattanooga boy takes you down.