9AA Tournament

hssportsnut

The regular season is over, it is all about the tournament. I thought a new thread (instead of scrolling through 11 pages of posts from as far back as November) will be helpful to all the 9AA contingency.

I have not seen the brackets, but feel the top four seeds will go on to region. How they fall out in the top four will be interesting. Any of these teams can beat each other on any night...

CPA's wins over DL were by 3 or less.

FRA beat and and lost to DL

Hume-Fogg can beat anyone on a given night.

I think the darkhorses in the bottom of the bracket are East Lit and MLK. I know that FRA is glad they aren't facing MLK first round!

Ezell can still pull out a miracle if Earps and Eakes shoot the lights out of it, but FRA's defense will be just too much for them.

It all starts Monday night. I cannot wait to read everyone's perspectives on the games, players, coaching, and refs.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The regular season is over, it is all about the tournament. I thought a new thread (instead of scrolling through 11 pages of posts from as far back as November) will be helpful to all the 9AA contingency.

I have not seen the brackets, but feel the top four seeds will go on to region. How they fall out in the top four will be interesting. Any of these teams can beat each other on any night...

CPA's wins over DL were by 3 or less.

FRA beat and and lost to DL

Hume-Fogg can beat anyone on a given night.

I think the darkhorses in the bottom of the bracket are East Lit and MLK. I know that FRA is glad they aren't facing MLK first round!

Ezell can still pull out a miracle if Earps and Eakes shoot the lights out of it, but FRA's defense will be just too much for them.

It all starts Monday night. I cannot wait to read everyone's perspectives on the games, players, coaching, and refs.

Ezell beat one of the DARKHORSE teams last night by 22. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

The Ezell-Harding Lady Eagles played well last night against MLK. They will have the opportunity to put the regular season behing them and start fresh next week in the district tournament. These girls have the potential to move on to the region tournament if they play to their potential. Eakes is an amazing player with a lot of heart! If the girls can play as a team the Lady Eagles should be able to beat FRA. FRA is well-coached and this gives them an advantage, but good solid team play by Ezell will give them the win.

The Ezell-Harding Lady Eagles played well last night against MLK. They will have the opportunity to put the regular season behing them and start fresh next week in the district tournament. These girls have the potential to move on to the region tournament if they play to their potential. Eakes is an amazing player with a lot of heart! If the girls can play as a team the Lady Eagles should be able to beat FRA. FRA is well-coached and this gives them an advantage, but good solid team play by Ezell will give them the win.

I hope you are right! If Ezell wins tonight, they will have a pretty nice advantage with the semi's and finals on their home court. Good luck.

Congratulations Lady Eagles on the upset win over FRA!

DL over East Lit

Hume Fogg over MLK

CPA over Pearl

Good luck to the rest of the teams in what is looking to be an exciting tournament.

Indeed, it will be an exciting tournament!

Congratulaions to FRA on a great season. They are a talented and very well-coached team.

Congratulations Lady Eagles on the upset win over FRA!

DL over East Lit

Hume Fogg over MLK

CPA over Pearl

Good luck to the rest of the teams in what is looking to be an exciting tournament.

Congrats to Ezell on a great win. Callie Bobo stepped up and scored 11 pts. This was a player that was hurt when they played at FRA. I think this is a team that could be very dangerous playing the district tournament at home.

Congrats to Ezell on a great win. Callie Bobo stepped up and scored 11 pts. This was a player that was hurt when they played at FRA. I think this is a team that could be very dangerous playing the district tournament at home.

Did anyone see what happened in the FRA game? I am very suprised that EZ could beat them at home. I looked for them to go a good way into the tournament.

Did anyone see what happened in the FRA game? I am very suprised that EZ could beat them at home. I looked for them to go a good way into the tournament.

Ezell had a very good game. There were two main problems for FRA. First, they missed (my count) 8 layups. Second Ezell went to the line 27 times and made 23. FRA went 8 and made 4. Eight of Ezells freethrows were in the last minute, each time except the last, FRA (Wyatt) responded with a quick basket to keep it at two down.

Good luck to Ezell. Congratulations to FRA on a great season (22-6). No one likes one and done but 9AA is known for an upset or two in the first round.