REGION 8 CHAMPS-***COMMANDOS***

rigger101

Commandos win Traditional Tourney 2 years stright.[

They had 9 in the finals, send 11 to State.

Congrats to the MTJ on making it a close one.

Biggest shocker 2 X Region Champ Johnny Klinard ends up 4th. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Ends up not going to state.

Last year I think he was one match away from placing.

Yep I called the Commando win back on the 22nd. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Too bad for Hendersonville 130 lbr... He was sluggish tonight...

Looks like the Region Individuals will shape up to be a good match. I hope Townsend gets better, from what I hear this was his first time on the mat since The HHS Invitational

It should come down to the Commandos and Bears again at the Ind Reg at BHS. If all the Commandos are healthy and show up I think they can take Ind Reg.

IMHO-The Commandos middle weights and Seniors will have to come through at BHS and get pins or techs.

They need to start cutting folks instead of trying to force the pin and working from their feet to out point the opponent and set up the pin.

You will need all the points you can get to win Individual Region as a team.

The Bears are still a young team and should be stronger next year in their new region.

With HHS losing 8 Seniors I see them losing some of their juice unless some new grapplers move in our they have some studs waiting in the 8th grade. They will need some Football players filling the heavier weights.

My thoughts for what they are worth. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Good Luck Commando's and show the region what you can do with a full and healthy team.

You haven't had one show up the last 2 year's. It would be nice for a change. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was there a best match award?

Best Wrestler Drake Townsend! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congrats to the Hendersonville Hvy for coming through with a pin for 3rd place.

Congrats to Soph Nick Newton winning 140 after sitting in the wings last year and taking his licks this year to end up top in the region. He was 4th at the HHC Tourney and had MTJ and BHS place higher in his wgt class. Way to peak at the right time. Coach Turner said he thought your win against MTJ is the match that turned everything twd helping the Commandos win region.

Congrats to the new 215 Region Champ Brett J

Does anybody have any results?

Left my brackets @ Beech. But,......

MJ had 9 in finals, sending 12 to state.

From memory, MJ finished........

1st- 103, 145, 171, and HWT

2nd- 125, 130, 152, 160, and 189

3rd- 135, 140, and 215

Hendersonville 215 Brett J. dec. Chaffin FCS in finals.

Werasslin said he was going to post results.

Bad day for the home team. Beech only sends one to state. Nick Bundy's cousin.

Let me put out that Beech only has one senior this year the rest are freshmen and sophmores. We had seven kids finish 4th at region and were very close to sending more to state. However Beech will be back I promise you that. The Beech wrestlers have dealt with 2 deaths in the past three weeks to those close to our program. These youngsters have learned alot in the past three weeks.

Now on another note Jonny Kleinert had an unfortunate (out of his hands) events these last two weeks, his head was not in the game this week. Now out of privacy do to others involved I am not going to name names. He is dealing with a death and an injured best friend.

THanks to all those who helped out with the tournament.

Here are the results, (referees voted on best match and best wrestler).

bestmatch: 103 finals

best wrestler: 130 Drake Townsend

Region 8 tournament at Beech

Championship

103 Tanner Bates, Mt. Juliet Fall Daniel Smith, Springfield, 3:18

112 Ethan McPherson, White House Dec Austin Large, Hendersonville, 5-4

119 Hunter Adcock, Wilson Central Dec Joe Johnson, Hendersonville, 7-4

125 Matt Seaman, Mt. Juliet Dec Joseph Jones, Hendersonville, 11-6

130 Drake Townsend, Hendersonville Dec Scott Seaman, Mt. Juliet, 14-9

135 Ryan Treloar, Hendersonville Dec Dylan Herschenbach, Wilson Central, 9-5

140 Nick Newton, Hendersonville M-Dec Damiel Richardson, White House, 10-0

145 Brandon Snyder, Mt. Juliet Fall Wade Brooks, White House, 1:55

152 Brent Vinson, Hendersonville Dec Marquis Wilkins, Mt. Juliet, 10-7

160 Kyle Sanders, Smyrna Fall Daniel Davis, Mt. Juliet, 1:38

171 Blake Biggs, Mt. Juliet Fall Justin Conner, Hendersonville, 3:03

189 Chad Sawyer, Smyrna Fall Jamisson Cherry, Mt. Juliet, :31

215 Brett Jaeckel, Hendersonville M-Dec Jordan Chaffin, Friendship Christian, 15-7

285 Hunter Allen, Mt. Juliet Fall Elijah Baird, Wilson Central, 2:44

Third place

103 Austin Burris, Hendersonville Fall Travis Proctor, Beech, 3:44

112 Duy Pham, Wilson Central Dec Jacob Bolton, Beech, 5-2

119 Zach Pickney, Beech T-Fall Chad Yates, White House, 17-1

125 Belcher, Wilson Central M-Dec Justin Kleinert, Beech, 12-4

130 Celeb Alsup, Friendship Christian Dec Jonathan Roberts, Beech, 5-2

135 Alex Haney, Mt. Juliet Dec Logan Stepp, Lavergne, 12-3

140 Austin Weaver, Mt. Juliet Dec Jon Kleinert, Beech, 3:33

145 Jake Smith, Friendship Christian Fall Kyle Wix, Wilson Central, 2:45

152 Kyle Brown, Wilson Central Fall Ward Strickland, Beech, :58

160 Justin Abernathy, Lebanon Dec Thaxton Mead, Hendersonville, 7-6

171 Dade Burton, Lavergne Fall Kent Hand, East Robertson, 3:37

189 Trey Lattimore, Lebanon Dec Brandon Hutchinson, Wilson Central, 7-4

215 Cameron Ingram, Mt. Juliet Fall Camden Dalton, Beech, 3:03

285 Craig Carmean, Hendersonville Fall Jon Cason, Lebanon, 1:25

Left my brackets @ Beech. But,......

MJ had 9 in finals, sending 12 to state.

From memory, MJ finished........

1st- 103, 145, 171, and HWT

2nd- 125, 130, 152, 160, and 189

3rd- 135, 140, and 215

Hendersonville 215 Brett J. dec. Chaffin FCS in finals.

a big congrads to you HSDAD on behalf of your boy...and to brett...hope both these boys shake it up at state!

Let me put out that Beech only has one senior this year the rest are freshmen and sophmores. We had seven kids finish 4th at region and were very close to sending more to state. However Beech will be back I promise you that. The Beech wrestlers have dealt with 2 deaths in the past three weeks to those close to our program. These youngsters have learned alot in the past three weeks.

Now on another note Jonny Kleinert had an unfortunate (out of his hands) events these last two weeks, his head was not in the game this week. Now out of privacy do to others involved I am not going to name names. He is dealing with a death and an injured best friend.

I believe that Jones from Hendersonville won the championship at 125, not Seamen.

Thanks coach for getting the information out. I didn't see it as my place to tell why. I really sad to see Jonny not have his shot a State Medal but he has had a great year with his tourney wins and making the Mid-State dream team. I hope his friend recovers and yes your young team has a very strong core group with your son as one of their leaders. With the Commandos 8 Seniors leaving next year may be your year to to win the team match up's.

Good luck and hope to see you at State. Give me a call when your down there I will treat to lunch or dinner,

Thanks coach for getting the information out. I didn't see it as my place to tell why. I really sad to see Jonny not have his shot a State Medal but he has had a great year with his tourney wins and making the Mid-State dream team. I hope his friend recovers and yes your young team has a very strong core group with your son as one of their leaders. With the Commandos 8 Seniors leaving next year may be your year to to win the team match up's.

Good luck and hope to see you at State. Give me a call when your down there I will treat to lunch or dinner,

My mistake at 125 I have contacted the authorities and changes hve been made. Good luck to all and I will see you guys at the state.

Rigger I will hold you to that!!!