DC MAKING IT TO STATE

coonhunter

To illustrate the point, look at last regular season football game between Covington and Dyersburg. I all but predicted the outcome. NEVER take Covington lightly . . . Ever . . . Never. I don't like 'em . . . but I never take 'em lightly!

So true...I never take ANY team lightly....seen too many things happen in games to do so. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm... he got cha pretty good on that one Beavo! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> LOL.

All this talk about covington and what everyone else seems to be forgetting is they MAY NOT EVEN PLAY COVINGTON... are we forgetting that NS won the district... that Haywood had DC down the entire second game until the last minute and still only lost by 1. Dont put the cart b/f the horses here... a lot of you are arguing over something that may ultimately never even matter b/c it may never even happen!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel DC, NS, Cov, all have about an equal chance to win regions with Haywood, OC, WV each having a small outside chance.

He didn't get me! I didn't know about this website until I joined my father told me about it, so I thought I'd see what it was all about! And Adsmom is right it was straight at dlove for dissing my boys from DC! I know how good Bolivar is and I know how good Reeves is! and when the 2 are together... unstoppable! I gave Covington credit and now I'm done giving them credit! GO CHOCTAWS!!!

And this guy thinks Covington could do what with DC? I can tell you.............NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! I watched Covington play Dburg 2X and weren't impressive with those victories. Like'em or not (DC) they have 1 loss and they are a hard working bunch of kids. How many out of state teams has Covington played? What were the results?........................Hmmmmm.......The kids played the schedule they were dealt, just like last year. And are winning. What's the point dlove is trying to make? What do ya think adsmom? By the way, I hope you read the message I left for you on my profile pg.

Correction ..... Correction ...... I don't think you saw DHS play Covington 2X's ..... we only played them one time and that was in Covington......on Dec. 19 (birthday that's how I remember the date)

DONT HATE YOU THE KID IS GOOD! HE DOES WHAT A POINT GUARD SUPPOSE TO DO !THE GUESTION REALLY IS DO YOU KNOW BASKETBALL! FRAID NOT!

You don't make that many good points on here but I agree with you about C.J....He does what a good point guard is suppose to do...He handles the ball, gets his scorers the ball and can drive to the hole....He is a leader and the QB of the team...He doesn't need to be shooting outside shots...

I know they are good, but I wanna know where ALL of these Covington fans before the Bolivar game and would have they posted anything if they had lost to Bolivar (without Reeves)? Did any DC fan say Covington isn't good? Not at all! I just stated a fact! They beat Bolivar whoop de doo! Bolivar didn't have Reeves would it have gone differently if Bolivar had Reeves? Probably! Am I saying that Covington isn't good? Not at all!

Have you ever seen that many Covington fans post on here...?? Football or basketball....

Covington has a team that can beat Dyer County....They are quick...They have the athletes that can beat the DC press or at least beat it enough that it won't affect their offense.....They have some height...They have unbelievable shooters....A DC-Cov game or DC-Jax N-S game would be very entertaining....

Have you ever seen that many Covington fans post on here...?? Football or basketball....

Covington has a team that can beat Dyer County....They are quick...They have the athletes that can beat the DC press or at least beat it enough that it won't affect their offense.....They have some height...They have unbelievable shooters....A DC-Cov game or DC-Jax N-S game would be very entertaining....

DC has a team that can beat Covington too!! Our guys are quick, can break a press, we have some height, and some great shooters!! It can go either way! It will be who wants it the most and our boys will fight to the end!

DC has a team that can beat Covington too!! Our guys are quick, can break a press, we have some height, and some great shooters!! It can go either way! It will be who wants it the most and our boys will fight to the end!

You are preaching to the choir coonhunter....

The point of my post was to let folks who haven't seen the Chargers play know they have a good team..I have seen them this year, three times in fact...

I'm well aware DC has a fine team and capable of beating Covington... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You are preaching to the choir coonhunter....

The point of my post was to let folks who haven't seen the Chargers play know they have a good team..I have seen them this year, three times in fact...

I'm well aware DC has a fine team and capable of beating Covington... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What do you think about DC and Northside?

I haven't seen North Side play but I do know they beat Covington twice in close games...DC doesn't have anybody that can match up with Prather.....

The deal with playing DC is you can't get caught up in that run and gun, helter skelter type of game...You have to have guards that can handle the Choctaw press and you have to be able to shoot from the perimeter..DC doesn't like to play defense in the half court more than two or three passes..They want to steal the ball and score in transition...If you make them play halfcourt they are beatable...Almost unstoppable in a up-tempo style game though....

Another thing and this is often overlooked..The Choctaws have great fan support...They will travel anywhere to see their team play....The team feeds off that energy...They will out-number teams like Cov and N-S three to one in number of fans..That makes a huge difference in tournament play...

I was talking to someone last night from DC that said all North Side had was Prather... I said WRONGGG!!!!! North Side has Prather as the stud, a very good PG in #11, great shooting guards, and a deep enough bench to make them a dangerous team. I've seen both of them play and I've said it earlier, I'll give North Side the nod over DC. They still have to play the game though...