Chattanooga Top 15 Week 2

Sequatchie

Last Week/This Week

4./1. Boyd-Buchanan (Back to Back over two 4A teams)

3./2. Soddy-Daisy (Beat RB so did Ooltewah they lost!)

6./3. Baylor (squeezed by Cleveland 7-3 next N.D.)

8./4. Tyner Academy

1./5. McCallie

NR/6. Tellico Plains

2./7. Ooltewah

NR/8. Hixson

NR/9. Grundy County

NR/10. Polk County

13/11. South Pittsburg

5./12. East Ridge

NR/13. McMinn County

11/14. Notre Dame

NR/15. Howard

Notables: Whitwell, Chatt. Central, Bledsoe Co.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by anspa:

SEQUATCHIE? did u just forget to put cleveland in there, they lost, but by 4 to ateam u have as a top 5 team. just doesnt make much sense.

I think I had them 12 and stuck East Ridge in that spot instead. Things should start to really shake out this week!

Could you post your Poll on this thread so it will be easier to find.

Thanks! :)

Please, take this poll with a grain of salt since I have only lived in Chattanooga since May 10, 2002. I moved down here from Oak Ridge to get married and teach in an elementary school. I live in Red Bank and will probably go to a few of their games but the kids I teach eventually move on to Brainerd so I need to pull for the Panthers as well. Still love Oak Ridge, too.

1. Tyner Academy -- went to the AA quarterfinals last year and return 16 starters. Defeated defending Div II-AAA State Champions McCallie last Thursday. Hot weather and questioned depth was supposed to doom them against McCallie but Tyner was tough in the second half.

2. Baylor -- beat an athletic Cleveland team Friday and should defeat Chatt. Notre Dame this week. The rest of their schedule is extremely difficult.

3. Boyd-Buchanan -- the Bucs sit a top the Region 4-AAAA standings after 2 games with wins over the Times-Free Press preseason # 2 and # 3 teams Rhea County and East Ridge. Only one problem, B-B is in Region 3-A. Next week's game against Whitwell will tell if the Bucs have kept their heads on striaght. I'm sure one AAAAA school is upset with all the attentions this A school is getting.

4.Hixon -- defeated AAAAA Ooltewah after the Owls were made out to be the real deal in the preseason on CoachT.com's message board. This week's game against Cleveland will tell if Hixon is the real deal early in the season. Keep in mind, what happens in the early weeks of the season can mean nuts late in the season. Ooltewah is still a dangerous team.

5. Soddy-Daisy -- defeated Red Bank in commanding fashion.

Willie Wondering...

1. I will stop at a Top 5 since I really do not know enough about the area teams to do a Top 15.

2. I'd love to see Chatt. Central be the surprise team of-the-year.

3. My guess is Bradley will be a better team than McMinn County by season's end.

4. Oak Ridge, a Region member with four Chattanooga area teams, is not in as much trouble as certain people want them to be in. I would like a change in head coach but I disagree in the manner certain people are posting on CoachT.com. :)

I have to think that the chatt. area teams just arent as good as the mid. ten. teams, ie, riverdale, oakland, blackman, and yes, even smyrna and la vergne. i also think that you give SD too much praise. Yes, i wil give it to them, they beat, in commanding fashion, a very depleted, not very good, RB team......but hey, i just think it goes back to the weak Chatt.Regions and such......but i dont want mrsoddydaisy to get up set, or anyother SD or Chatt. team fan, its just an opinion....

That's got some truth too it but remember there really aren't a lot of Chattanooga area teams, period. With fewer teams you'll have fewer outstanding ones. There's not even enough to make up a 5A region, it has to combine with Oak Ridge and those teams. There's just 3 division II teams and 4 private schools total, compare that to Nashville. Remember also last year the Division II large champ (McCallie) was from around here, also a 1A semifinalist (South Pittsburg) and 5A semifinalist (Ooltewah) and Tyner though getting beat in Round 3 was generally regarded as one of the top 3 teams in 2A (beat by Goodpasture). There's also been very good individual players from Chattanooga the last couple of years considering the small number of school (around 30 with not many 4A, 5A and privates). Riggs (UT), Bullocks (Nebraska), Hall from McCallie (UT), Bowman this year and several more.

Oline, I dont get upset, dude, you have your opinion and thats cool. At this point in time, I think we are the best around here. I think on any given night, we can beat anyone. We are in a very hard region, so we'll see. Dale, the D is awesome. They are: Slater, Shipley, Boron, and soph. Ward as DB's. Thompson, Beavers, and soph. Bivens at LB. Carriker, Pugh, Wilson, and believe it or not Murray. Until Smith gets back.

With all due respect to Sequatchie, how can he possibly rank teams when he is obviously stuck in Dunlap and can't possibly see the teams in action. Each week you can tune into Stump On Sports Late Night (Comcast Ch. 46 @ 11 pm)and get the only true ranking of Chattanooga teams. Keep in mind this is for Hamilton County only. Our actual top ten covers Hamilton County in Tennessee, and Catoosa and Walker County in Georgia. Also the complete top ten is listed in The Thrifty Nickel each week.

Chattanooga Top Teams

1. Hixson

2. Soddy Daisy

3. Tyner

4. Boyd Buchannan

Keep in mind this just lists the top 4 as there were Georgia schools in our top 10.