region x coachs

npanama36

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happen with Boltons head coach and Cordovas asst. coach at the end of the 171 consolation matchs??

Typical undisciplined and classless Bolton wrestling. It was a tought match, and the Bolton wrestler, Mobley I believe, was bleeding from his head and his nose. He ended up beating the kid, but at the end of the match he stood over the kid and wiped blood from his nose and flicked it on the Cordova wrestler. Disgusting, unsanitary, and a complete lack of class is your ask me. Cordova coach saw it happen (as did everyone but the Bolton parents), and Cordova coached expressed to Bolton coach how that was wrong of his wrestler. Bolton coach began cursing and screaming(he ebowed my f@#in guy, so on so on), before eventually tournament officials boke it up.

And just for the record, I'm not for either one of these schools, but that's what I saw and I was watching from about 10 ft. Bolton has always had serious discipline issues.

Typical undisciplined and classless Bolton wrestling. It was a tought match, and the Bolton wrestler, Mobley I believe, was bleeding from his head and his nose. He ended up beating the kid, but at the end of the match he stood over the kid and wiped blood from his nose and flicked it on the Cordova wrestler. Disgusting, unsanitary, and a complete lack of class is your ask me. Cordova coach saw it happen (as did everyone but the Bolton parents), and Cordova coached expressed to Bolton coach how that was wrong of his wrestler. Bolton coach began cursing and screaming(he ebowed my f@#in guy, so on so on), before eventually tournament officials boke it up.

And just for the record, I'm not for either one of these schools, but that's what I saw and I was watching from about 10 ft. Bolton has always had serious discipline issues.

they really have

My name is Ken Glatzer, I am the assistant coach from Bolton who was involved in that incident. A couple of things that you need to take into consideration Wrassler, you unbiased swell guy:

1. It wasn't too tough of a match - it resulted in a tech fall I believe! It looked really tough because of the assault to Mobley's face but it wasn't heavily contested.

2. The Cordova kid had already told another kid in the weight class that he was going to go for Mobley's eye prior to the match to try to get the Blood time DQ and advance to state. Did you know that? That is a fact!

3. If you were sitting 10' off the mat then you probably saw the 3 elbows that Mobley took to the nose and eye when he was on top trying to tilt the Cordova Wrestler early in the second period, not to mention the head in the cut setup with no shot that the Cordova kid was using to further open up a cut that would require several stitches to close properly.

4. No mention in your post of the 2 penalty points that were taken away for unsportsmanlike conduct on the Cordova kid in the 2nd period by the refs for the blatant attack on the eye either. Yeah you are unbiased and just watching.

After the tech fall Mobley reached down to grab the kids hand and the Cordova kid flicked it away as he was asking the ref why he didn't stop the match because Mobley was bleeding all over him.

It's funny, you also didn't mention the Cordova coach coming across the mat to confront me, get in my face and attempt to provoke a physical altercation. The rules for coaches state that you are not to leave your corner except to go the the table to consult a referee. Why no mention of that Wrassler?

Yes I did yell and I did curse, I also apologized to them both and to the Collierville coaches who stepped in to stop it from escalating any further, but not once did I use a word starting with an "F". I called the Cordova coaches dumb as@*@ because they allowed (and likely encouraged) their wrestler to use those tactics. That kid was trying to worsen an already bad cut, and the Cordova coaches just sat there and did not say a thing. Was the excessive bleeding an issue, Yes it was, but it was brought on by elbows to the face and an overall dirty style that resulted in 2 misconduct calls. I understand tactics and strategy but that was dirty wrestling and I don't condone it one bit. I hold those 2 coaches responsible and I honestly feel that there actions were irresponsible.

You might call Bolton wrestlers undisciplined, but when have you ever seen a Bolton wrestler disqualified or get hit with an unsportsmanlike conduct call. We have good kids at Bolton, they work hard, and they try hard every time out.

Finally, if my actions were offensive to you or anyone else I apologize for that behavior.

Sincerely,

Ken Glatzer

My name is Ken Glatzer, I am the assistant coach from Bolton who was involved in that incident. A couple of things that you need to take into consideration Wrassler, you unbiased swell guy:

1. It wasn't too tough of a match - it resulted in a tech fall I believe! It looked really tough because of the assault to Mobley's face but it wasn't heavily contested.

2. The Cordova kid had already told another kid in the weight class that he was going to go for Mobley's eye prior to the match to try to get the Blood time DQ and advance to state. Did you know that? That is a fact!

3. If you were sitting 10' off the mat then you probably saw the 3 elbows that Mobley took to the nose and eye when he was on top trying to tilt the Cordova Wrestler early in the second period, not to mention the head in the cut setup with no shot that the Cordova kid was using to further open up a cut that would require several stitches to close properly.

4. No mention in your post of the 2 penalty points that were taken away for unsportsmanlike conduct on the Cordova kid in the 2nd period by the refs for the blatant attack on the eye either. Yeah you are unbiased and just watching.

After the tech fall Mobley reached down to grab the kids hand and the Cordova kid flicked it away as he was asking the ref why he didn't stop the match because Mobley was bleeding all over him.

It's funny, you also didn't mention the Cordova coach coming across the mat to confront me, get in my face and attempt to provoke a physical altercation. The rules for coaches state that you are not to leave your corner except to go the the table to consult a referee. Why no mention of that Wrassler?

Yes I did yell and I did curse, I also apologized to them both and to the Collierville coaches who stepped in to stop it from escalating any further, but not once did I use a word starting with an "F". I called the Cordova coaches dumb as@*@ because they allowed (and likely encouraged) their wrestler to use those tactics. That kid was trying to worsen an already bad cut, and the Cordova coaches just sat there and did not say a thing. Was the excessive bleeding an issue, Yes it was, but it was brought on by elbows to the face and an overall dirty style that resulted in 2 misconduct calls. I understand tactics and strategy but that was dirty wrestling and I don't condone it one bit. I hold those 2 coaches responsible and I honestly feel that there actions were irresponsible.

You might call Bolton wrestlers undisciplined, but when have you ever seen a Bolton wrestler disqualified or get hit with an unsportsmanlike conduct call. We have good kids at Bolton, they work hard, and they try hard every time out.

Finally, if my actions were offensive to you or anyone else I apologize for that behavior.

Sincerely,

Ken Glatzer

Good post coach. I will be suprised if "clueless" I mean wrassler will respond or ID himself like you did.

Sincerely,

Ken Glatzer

Great clarification. Although you want everyone to keep their cool, you can only get pushed so far.

Let me clarify a few statements by the Bolton Coach.

I am not trying to justify what Beaudry did. The referee's saw it and if they thought it was intentional then, according to the TSSAA handbook, they should have disqualified him.

First and foremost Coach Doty and myself do not teach MMA wrestling. I do not know where you have seen our team do this, but as far as I can remember in the past three years this is the first unsportsmanlike conduct we have gotten during a match. I do take offense to the fact that you say we "encourage" this style of wrestling.

We have watched the video of the match many times and it appeared that our 171 did elbow Mobley once in the face during a tilt situation.

Near the end of the match, it appears that Beaudry's hands do get into the face of Mobley's. I cannot tell if they were in his eyes. Mobley stood up over Beaudry after the pin and opened his hands and flung blood onto our wrestler. There was never an attempt to help our wrestler up. I will be happy to post the entire video on youtube and let the viewers decide for themselves.

I get upset with calls and actions of referees, coaches, and wrestlers. But I don't call anyone a dumb*** outloud.

Let me clarify a few statements by the Bolton Coach.

I am not trying to justify what Beaudry did. The referee's saw it and if they thought it was intentional then, according to the TSSAA handbook, they should have disqualified him.

First and foremost Coach Doty and myself do not teach MMA wrestling. I do not know where you have seen our team do this, but as far as I can remember in the past three years this is the first unsportsmanlike conduct we have gotten during a match. I do take offense to the fact that you say we "encourage" this style of wrestling.

We have watched the video of the match many times and it appeared that our 171 did elbow Mobley once in the face during a tilt situation.

Near the end of the match, it appears that Beaudry's hands do get into the face of Mobley's. I cannot tell if they were in his eyes. Mobley stood up over Beaudry after the pin and opened his hands and flung blood onto our wrestler. There was never an attempt to help our wrestler up. I will be happy to post the entire video on youtube and let the viewers decide for themselves.

I get upset with calls and actions of referees, coaches, and wrestlers. But I don't call anyone a dumb*** outloud.

Post the video, better yet I will later today. I did not say that you teach that style, but that kid miraculously knew the rule and made it clear to others that he was going to try to get Mobley DQ'ed with the blood time rule. I am not sure if 3 kids on the entire Bolton team of 25 know that rule - heck maybe we should teach the rulebook too.. As the coach you should have done something to stop that behavior - Period! End of arguement! I do not know many coaches who would tolerate that behavior from their wrestlers. It makes everyone look bad.

Bottom line, as a coach that kid is your responsibility and you looked the other way. What if Mobley had been seriously injured? At least Beaudry would have gotten to state?

Wrassler,

I am Jackson Mobley's father, Bob Mobley. I must step in here to defend my son's reputation. Jackson has had a tremendous Senior season(35-5 and co-captain). He has a 3.8 gpa and has made a 30 on his ACT. He has received many scholarship offers and plans to pursue a career in medicine. He has had NONE of these discipline or class problems you mention. He has Never had a misconduct called against him. Jackson has worked hard in the classroom and in the wrestling room. To associate him with

Classless and undisciplined is way out of line here.

Jackson cut his eye brow in the semi match when his and the WS wrestler's head collided accidentally. At least a 1 in. gash. I truly thought the medical staff would say he was done for the day. They did a great job getting him back on the mat to wrestle the third period. He did the best he could considering he was almost knocked out and still dizzy. This is not meant to discredit the WS wrestler. He earned the victory by wrestling a great match.

Jackson then wrestled and defeated the Arlington wrestler in a normal match.

In the consolation match vs Cordova the 1st period was uneventful with Jackson taking a 2-1 lead. In the second period the match started to get crazy. Jackson took a 7-1 lead and was in full control. The Cordova wrestler began to cross face his wound trying to draw blood. When Jackson would tilt him he would throw a deliberate elbow at his wound. The second time he did this, he caught him in the nose and busted it. This resulted in a 2 point unsportsmanlike. It could not have been more obvious what he was trying to do. I could not believe a 10th grade wrestler would go to this extreme to make it to state. The saving grace was that the medical staff was very good and patched Jackson up every time this happened. With the score 12-1 Jackson took him to his back and the Cordova wrestler began to yell for "blood time???.

At this time the Cordova wrestler began to gouge his hands and fingers into the wound. This blatant attempt to cause more blood time, as you might imagine, made Jackson upset. The ref called the pin and Jackson got up, raised his hands and flipped them as a gesture while saying sarcastically "I??™m sorry I got blood on You". Jackson never touched his face. He never had blood on his hands and he did not fling blood. Both ref's were inches away and would have reacted if Jackson would have done it.

Jackson makes this kind of hand gesture regularly when making a point. The wrestlers shook hands immediately after Jacksons hand gesture. The Cordova wrestler appeared to ask the ref why he didn??™t call for more blood time.

I can understand why some people might have thought Jackson "flung blood". As I too watched the match from mat side, the only thing I saw was the second elbow that got his nose. When I watched the video replay I couldn't believe all the attempts to draw blood I missed.

After the match, we then went to the Minor Med center and got 5 stitches and then returned to watch the championships. When you see the video you will be embarrassed that you wrote what you did. I hope that the Cordova coaches will advise this young man that the way to get to state is hard work and dedication and not "blood time". I do not think that this was representative of the Cordova program, just an isolated incident.

Your post should have been about how the Bolton wrestler fought through a tough injury to make it back to the State tournament instead of "lack of class".

The video is in several parts due to stoppage for blood time.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Here is a video from a different angle. This view clearly shows he did not go to his face and fling blood. It was a hand gesture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwF5kYB-Tc0

Slow motion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBUH34RD41Q

Bob Mobley

Wrassler,

I am Jackson Mobley's father, Bob Mobley. I must step in here to defend my son's reputation. Jackson has had a tremendous Senior season(35-5 and co-captain). He has a 3.8 gpa and has made a 30 on his ACT. He has received many scholarship offers and plans to pursue a career in medicine. He has had NONE of these discipline or class problems you mention. He has Never had a misconduct called against him. Jackson has worked hard in the classroom and in the wrestling room. To associate him with

Classless and undisciplined is way out of line here.

Jackson cut his eye brow in the semi match when his and the WS wrestler's head collided accidentally. At least a 1 in. gash. I truly thought the medical staff would say he was done for the day. They did a great job getting him back on the mat to wrestle the third period. He did the best he could considering he was almost knocked out and still dizzy. This is not meant to discredit the WS wrestler. He earned the victory by wrestling a great match.

Jackson then wrestled and defeated the Arlington wrestler in a normal match.

In the consolation match vs Cordova the 1st period was uneventful with Jackson taking a 2-1 lead. In the second period the match started to get crazy. Jackson took a 7-1 lead and was in full control. The Cordova wrestler began to cross face his wound trying to draw blood. When Jackson would tilt him he would throw a deliberate elbow at his wound. The second time he did this, he caught him in the nose and busted it. This resulted in a 2 point unsportsmanlike. It could not have been more obvious what he was trying to do. I could not believe a 10th grade wrestler would go to this extreme to make it to state. The saving grace was that the medical staff was very good and patched Jackson up every time this happened. With the score 12-1 Jackson took him to his back and the Cordova wrestler began to yell for "blood time???.

At this time the Cordova wrestler began to gouge his hands and fingers into the wound. This blatant attempt to cause more blood time, as you might imagine, made Jackson upset. The ref called the pin and Jackson got up, raised his hands and flipped them as a gesture while saying sarcastically "I??™m sorry I got blood on You". Jackson never touched his face. He never had blood on his hands and he did not fling blood. Both ref's were inches away and would have reacted if Jackson would have done it.

Jackson makes this kind of hand gesture regularly when making a point. The wrestlers shook hands immediately after Jacksons hand gesture. The Cordova wrestler appeared to ask the ref why he didn??™t call for more blood time.

I can understand why some people might have thought Jackson "flung blood". As I too watched the match from mat side, the only thing I saw was the second elbow that got his nose. When I watched the video replay I couldn't believe all the attempts to draw blood I missed.

After the match, we then went to the Minor Med center and got 5 stitches and then returned to watch the championships. When you see the video you will be embarrassed that you wrote what you did. I hope that the Cordova coaches will advise this young man that the way to get to state is hard work and dedication and not "blood time". I do not think that this was representative of the Cordova program, just an isolated incident.

Your post should have been about how the Bolton wrestler fought through a tough injury to make it back to the State tournament instead of "lack of class".

The video is in several parts due to stoppage for blood time.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Bob Mobley

Looks like foul play to me. Must have really wanted to go to state. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

After watching the match on youtube, it is apparent that the Cordova wrestler was wrestling dirty. However Mr. Mobley, it appeared to me as if your son was not trying to help his opponent up, but flick blood upon him or taunt him. I however would have done the exact same thing, and know many, many, many others who would have done the same. I hope your son will excel in whatever he pursue in a medical career. He sounds like a class act.

After watching the match on youtube, it is apparent that the Cordova wrestler was wrestling dirty. However Mr. Mobley, it appeared to me as if your son was not trying to help his opponent up, but flick blood upon him or taunt him. I however would have done the exact same thing, and know many, many, many others who would have done the same. I hope your son will excel in whatever he pursue in a medical career. He sounds like a class act.

I didn't see him try to help him up either. Can't blame him after what had just happened. I don't ever recall Jackson doing this in a match before so this must have really upset him. Here is a video from a different angle and closer that clearly shows it was a hand gesture. It was not an attempt to fling blood. He didn't have any blood on his hands. He didn't wipe blood from his nose like was previously suggested. The blood was on the Cordova wrestlers hands. The hands that were digging under his bandages.

Here it is in slow motion from a different angle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBUH34RD41Q