Lewis County and Harpeth

TheExpert

First off, let me say that this game lacks the importance that it once held. Lewis County is vastly overrated as usual with their wins coming against small single A teams that were both carrying 25-30 guys on their whole team while Lewis County has about 95.

Harpeth is not as badly overrated as Lewis County but still not what they were during the "Tant" years. Too me, the key game in this region on Friday night is Loretto and Fairview. I honestly think that one of those teams will wind up region champion.

Also, I have extolled the virtues of Waverly for many weeks and nobody seemed to take me seriously but they are vastly improved this season, witness their shutout win over Camden. Jessie Hayes is the real deal at running back and while everyone seems to talk about Gann, Dailey and Cothran, this boy may be the best in the region.

Predictions for this week:

Harpeth 23 Lewis County 21

Loretto 27 Fairview 26

Waverly 28 Richland0

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest checkerboard
Posted by TheExpert:

First off, let me say that this game lacks the importance that it once held. Lewis County is vastly overrated as usual with their wins coming against small single A teams that were both carrying 25-30 guys on their whole team while Lewis County has about 95.

Harpeth is not as badly overrated as Lewis County but still not what they were during the "Tant" years. Too me, the key game in this region on Friday night is Loretto and Fairview. I honestly think that one of those teams will wind up region champion.

Also, I have extolled the virtues of Waverly for many weeks and nobody seemed to take me seriously but they are vastly improved this season, witness their shutout win over Camden. Jessie Hayes is the real deal at running back and while everyone seems to talk about Gann, Dailey and Cothran, this boy may be the best in the region.

Predictions for this week:

Harpeth 23 Lewis County 21

Loretto 27 Fairview 26

Waverly 28 Richland0

I have seen Loretto play and I have seen Lewis County play and I can honestly say that Lewis County is much better than Loretto. I haven't seen Harpeth play, but I can say that they had best come to play. I've seen posts on this board over the past two weeks claiming those poor little single A teams would roll all over Lewis County. We all know what happened. As for Lewis County being overrated...touche', but they are again the team to beat in the region.

Alright....I have seen fairview and waverly both play and fairview is better than waverly forsure...i really cant see fairview beating lewis county unless they are really overrated because fairview is also over rated..OH i was at Waverly Friday night and there win over camden wasnt really all that impressive ...Yes they did move the ball and yes they did shut camden down but camden was young and really showed it..Waverly has a big line and a pretty good back in hayes but if camden would of just broke down and tackled hayes wouldnt oif had many yards..my predictions on this region is...

1.lewis county

2.fairview

3.harpeth

4.waverly( ihavent seen lorrto though and really havent heard much) oh yeah one more thin about the waverly team ...If you have any passes in your playbook this is a good week to use them(DONT EXPEXT THEM TO PASS)

first of all we have a quarterback who can pass,and can beat ya in the runnin game.yeah i guess i am a little partial towards this lewis county team for i coached most of these players in jr pro.but going by what i seen so far a team better be on their toes if they are to beat lewis county.as for the perts comments about lewis county being over rated,and playing teams with 30 players.obviously he hasn't seen any of these teams or counted how many players they have.juzz to inform him mt pleasant had within 15 players of us.and i don't know where he got that we have 90 players.gettin some bad info somewhere.better check the creditability of his sources.

lewis county not only has one of the fastest quarterbacks,but he is also one of the strongest if not the strongest in the state.proving that by winning best overall at lift meets over the spring.thats not just quarterbacks but linemen and all.

Excellent post receiver #14 of Loretto. Refreshing to see such. Personally, as I told some of our coaches on Friday night, I still think that game 10 is gonna determine lot's of things in this region. You guys have some great talent, and playing two of the best Class A teams in the state iell pay dividends down the road. Good luck!

Guest Generallee1865

Lewis counnty should have a really good team. ALso you must keep in mind who they have faced the first to weeks. The level of opponents faced can make you lool terrifficcccc!!!!! I can't wait till L.C. Plays a worthy opponent that wilol give them a test.

I agree with the KA guy. The Lewis Co. schedule is really weak. You wonder why teams like Goodpasture and Westview make it to the championship. They play good competition each week. While Goodpasture plays teams like Brentwood Academy to get ready for the playoffs, Lewis Co. is playing Mt. Pleasant and Perry Co. Don't get me wrong, Lewis Co. is a good team. They just get shell-shocked each year in the playoffs when they have to face another good team.

LEWIS COUNTY WILL GO TO 0-1 IN THE REGION FRIDAY NIGHT AND BE TIED FOR DEAD LAST IN THE REGION WITH TWO OTHER WANNA BEES. HARPETH WILL BEGIN IT QUEST FOR OUR FIRST STATE CHAMPIONSHIP AND WHOEVER COMES OUR WAY BETTER WATCH OUT. I DON'T REALLY LOOK FORWARD TO GOING TO LEWIS COUNTY BECAUSE IT IS SO MUCH NOISE THAT DOES NOT PERTAIN TO THE GAME. THE TSSAA SHOULD OUTLAW NOISEMAKERS LIKE THOSE STUPID JUGS AND THAT ILLEGAL HORN THEY BLOW. THE WORST PART WILL BE HAVING TO DRIVE THROUGH TOWN AND SEE THOSE HILLBILLIES RACING THOSE PICKUPS AROUND. SHOW SOME CLASS AND SIT AND ENJOY A GAME WITHOUT ALL THE EXTRAS. P.S. WE WILL TAKE A PANTHER HOME WITH US THIS YEAR AND LET YOU HAVE IT BACK IF YOU EVER BEAT US AGAIN. LOL :)