How does 5A look this year?

catchandthrow

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DB took Grace to the woodshed yesterday...

Grace & David Brainerd 2nd game was a little different than the 1st. With Grace's full roster they beat DB 10-1. We tried to tell you it would be a whole different ballgame. Both pitchers did a great job.,...Grace just came out on top. It looked like DB's pitcher just ran out of steam. It might have been because he threw over 150 pitches. That is just plain wrong, IMO. If he is only a sophmore they are going to use him up quick! Congrats to Grace on a big win!!!!!!!!!!!! We knew you could do it!

Congrats Grace on the big win against DB. Grace looked like they played a heck of a game. Look impressive to me. The question I have is does Grace have anyone else to pitch besides Rose? Cause the last time the freshman got rocked and when it comes to district tournament time you are going to have to have at least three or four good pitchers..

Congrats Grace on the big win against DB. Grace looked like they played a heck of a game. Look impressive to me. The question I have is does Grace have anyone else to pitch besides Rose? Cause the last time the freshman got rocked and when it comes to district tournament time you are going to have to have at least three or four good pitchers..

Rose is definitely their ace pitcher but they also have others who can get the job done. You have to remember that in the last time we played DB our pitcher did what he was suppose to do. It was tied 0-0 in the fifth inning with 2 outs and Grace had an error that let DB get the edge and start the ball rolling. Also, Rose, Ruebush and Box were not in the game to hit or help out in the field. That would have made a difference too. Anyway, DB has a good team and should be proud of all they have accomplished in such a short time. All my earlier posts were not making excuses for our lose but simply explaining that the enitre team was not present and that would make a difference the next time they would meet. I was right!

I sure hope that DB's pitcher iced his arm and shoulder after throwing over 150 pitches. What was that all about? The game was never close so why risk hurting his arm.

Freshman Long went 6 innings with NO earned runs in that first game. All were unearned after that error. He had 5 K's in that game and only gave up 6 hits. He also had a very impressive first outing vs. Marion Co. I would say he is a very solid pitcher for Grace. Plus you have Davis who got some work in the JV game against DB before the varsity game on Saturday. He struck out 11 in a row I think it was. They have many guys who can pitch so I don't think they are hurting on pitching. Alec has plenty around him. DB definitely deserved their first win and there are no excuses, but I think the better team was shown on Saturday.

Freshman Long went 6 innings with NO earned runs in that first game. All were unearned after that error. He had 5 K's in that game and only gave up 6 hits. He also had a very impressive first outing vs. Marion Co. I would say he is a very solid pitcher for Grace. Plus you have Davis who got some work in the JV game against DB before the varsity game on Saturday. He struck out 11 in a row I think it was. They have many guys who can pitch so I don't think they are hurting on pitching. Alec has plenty around him. DB definitely deserved their first win and there are no excuses, but I think the better team was shown on Saturday.

The other arm you all are forgetting is Matt Ruebusch who threw huge innings for Grace at the end of the year last season. He is still getting into shape after a very late start from basketball. When it comes tournament time Grace will have Rose, Long, Ruebusch and Davis to start games or relieve. They have much more pitching depth than any other team in the district. After Williams and Thedford DB has no one. That was evidenced by an unwillingness to pull Williams even though he was well over 100 pitches. No one else to go to so had to try and keep it close.

Thanks for your concern for our pitching staff or lack of it. Grace has Rose, Long, Davis, Ruebusch & Jensen. They each have the ability to keep us in the game if we are hitting. They are each getting better everyday! Davis did an awesome job Saturday against DB jv. He looked confident and determined....he will be a big asset during tourney time. Long is a skilled pitcher who can throw strikes consistently he is only a freshman and will be only getting better and stronger. Ruebusch is just now getting into baseball after a long basketball season. He is able to help out tremendously in the line up as well as on the mound. Matt Jensen is as also a big help on the mound. Not to mention his hot bat this year. We also have Seth Box that is powerful on the mound and at the plate. Alec has alot of good players around him that are getting better in every game. They are actually playing together as a team and feeling more confident. They may have started slow but I think they will finish strong as years past. I also think that next year they will be the team to beat.....no doubt!

So now if Grace beats DB then there will be a 3 way tie for first. That means the first tie-breaker is runs allowed between all of them, then runs scored, then it may become runs allowed against the next highest seeded team (Silverdale).

Upon further review, DB did not play game 2 with Copper. It is Monday the 13th. Currently Copper only has 1 loss in the district. If Copper wins they will be first, Grace 2nd and DB 3rd. If DB wins there will be a 3 way tie for first and the tie-breaker will go into effect. If that happens, Grace will be 1st, DB 2nd and Copper 3rd based on runs allowed between the three schools. Kind of interesting how it will all fall out.

I think that after last nights double header your question was answered.

Congrats to Grace on their doubleheader wins last night! Looks like Grace has finally got it together and are making a real run for the district. After the DB win over CB last night, Grace is now in the lead. Only Silverdale to go. Grace your fate is in your hands alone! Keep up the hard work to the finish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!