How does 5A look this year?

catchandthrow

Congrats to Grace on their doubleheader wins last night! Looks like Grace has finally got it together and are making a real run for the district. After the DB win over CB last night, Grace is now in the lead. Only Silverdale to go. Grace your fate is in your hands alone! Keep up the hard work to the finish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last night wasn't much challenge but they still played well. This week is a true challenge for them: Thursday at Lookout Valley, DH at Grace vs. CSAS on Friday and then another home game Saturday vs. Signal Mountain.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night wasn't much challenge but they still played well. This week is a true challenge for them: Thursday at Lookout Valley, DH at Grace vs. CSAS on Friday and then another home game Saturday vs. Signal Mountain.

You're right 'Iroot', but we'll take 'em. This week will be a true challenge, but I don't think we need to do anything but just relax and play ball. These games don't mean anything towards district. If we win district then we will eventually have to face Lookout Valley. Grace is finally getting it together.....good luck the rest of the season!

The True Challenge didn't start to good in the valley, 12-2 & 10-0. Good Luck for the rest of the year.

Did DB pitch Williams and Thedford? I'm not sure there is any pitching outside those two guys, at least we haven't seen anyone outside Williams.

The old RCR wanted to see Williams, but he pitched against Copper Basin Monday night. Thedford pitched the first game. The old TN Titians Coach has DB looking better than past DB teams. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The old RCR wanted to see Williams, but he pitched against Copper Basin Monday night. Thedford pitched the first game. The old TN Titians Coach has DB looking better than past DB teams. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Duh, I guess I knew he pitched Monday, just wasn't thinking. So who else did they pitch? How did he do? I wonder how many other guys pitch on the team and how much they actually throw cuz with rain outs this year and the smaller schedule they already have I'm sure they haven't had to throw much outside of Williams and Thedford. Their coach does do a good job, he only has one guy from his Titans team as far as I know though. He is a freshman catcher and he does a pretty good job for a freshman at that position.

I think 5A will look like this.

1. David Brainerd-good last year with a lot returning

2. Silverdale- all starters returning

3. Grace- lost Wallace and Peace from last year.

4. Copper Basin-who knows

5. Temple- basketball school, not baseball

Um ... what are you smoking son? hehe

Here is my prediction:

1a. Grace - always solid

1b. David Brainerd - great, hard working team (may win district tourney)

3. Copper Basin - Coach Kidd has helped improve that team no doubt!

4. Silverdale - not impressive at all this year

5. poor ol' Temple - 'nuff said

... just being honest ... any thoughts?

Here is my prediction:

1a. Grace - always solid

DBdad09... Temple has never been good at baseball just like DB has never been good at anything except baseball the last two years. So dont get on here saying stuff when you dont even know anything about sports. Grace has turned it around. DB has had some good wins this year.

Did anyone else see last week that Silverdale beat CSAS... Grace lost to them three years in a row and silverdale (who isnt good at all) beat them.. Did they loss that much talent last year? I know they lost a pitcher. I was just shocked.

My boys from Silverdale are just having a rough year.. what happen over there this year?

Here is my prediction:

1a. Grace - always solid

Coach Kidd is not the coach at Copper.

CSAS lost a couple big leftys and are down this year. Grace handled them during a pre season scrimmage. They have a lefty who plays CF who is pretty solid but not much outside of him. It was still 2 big wins for Silverdale but don't compare CSAS and the solid team they've had the last couple years to CSAS now.