cmmndalum

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ryan konz went 3, 3, 2, 2

dillon jennings went 2,2,3

bond davis went 2,2,2 with some controversy as to whether he actually won one of those or not.

there have been many wrestlers fall just short many times. I'm not trying to take away from boone at all, he has shown he is a great wrestler and will more than likely fight his way back to the consolation finals and hopefully end his career on a win. the 125 bracket this year was drawn very badly to say the least.

ryan konz went 3, 3, 2, 2

dillon jennings went 2,2,3

bond davis went 2,2,2 with some controversy as to whether he actually won one of those or not.

there have been many wrestlers fall just short many times. I'm not trying to take away from boone at all, he has shown he is a great wrestler and will more than likely fight his way back to the consolation finals and hopefully end his career on a win. the 125 bracket this year was drawn very badly to say the least.

While he is definitely state-medalist caliber, and the seeding is unfortunate, it was simply luck of the draw. Tee didn't win region and consequently lost any seeding criteria and placement was random chance after that. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. I'd love to see him place, but that would also require Beazley beating Jordan, and we all might guess where my allegiances lie there.

While he is definitely state-medalist caliber, and the seeding is unfortunate, it was simply luck of the draw. Tee didn't win region and consequently lost any seeding criteria and placement was random chance after that. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. I'd love to see him place, but that would also require Beazley beating Jordan, and we all might guess where my allegiances lie there.

Let me guess.....Clarksville? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Let me guess.....Clarksville? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Just got back from the tournament. Jordan beat Beazley 1-0. Tough hard match for both kids and tough luck for Boone.

I'm glad Jordan won but disappointed for Tee. I don't know him myself but do have a mutual friend of the family and she only has the best things to say about all of them. Tee has had a great career and deserves all of his accolades. I wish him the best of the luck in the future.

Just got back from the tournament. Jordan beat Beazley 1-0. Tough hard match for both kids and tough luck for Boone.

I'm glad Jordan won but disappointed for Tee. I don't know him myself but do have a mutual friend of the family and she only has the best things to say about all of them. Tee has had a great career and deserves all of his accolades. I wish him the best of the luck in the future.

Once again, the stupidity of the "Carry" system rears its ugly head. Weaker wrestlers get a second chance, great wrestlers are one and done. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Once again, the stupidity of the "Carry" system rears its ugly head. Weaker wrestlers get a second chance, great wrestlers are one and done. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Please forgive me, I do not mean to sound stupid. I have been reading this site for the last two wrestling seasons you all are very helpful. My brother was a wrestler when I was like 8 or 9 and now his sons are wrestlers so I have been learning the whole deal like new. I do not understand the comment "one and out" I thought if you lost regardless of seed in the State Individuals you go to the consolation round. Am I wrong? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Again sorry for the likely very stupid questions /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Please forgive me, I do not mean to sound stupid. I have been reading this site for the last two wrestling seasons you all are very helpful. My brother was a wrestler when I was like 8 or 9 and now his sons are wrestlers so I have been learning the whole deal like new. I do not understand the comment "one and out" I thought if you lost regardless of seed in the State Individuals you go to the consolation round. Am I wrong? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Again sorry for the likely very stupid questions /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

in a regular tournament yes, but not at state.

if you lose in the first three rounds, aka before the semis, the guy who beat you must reach the semis, or 'carry' you. In the case of Boone, he lost to Beazley who then lost to Jordan before the semis. Thus, Boone will not have a chance to wrestle back and place.

is it sad, yes. But it is the current system.

Let me say quickly what I do understand. I understand if they get beat like my youngest nephew yesterday, Ryan Gardner, he goes to the "loser bracket" or consolation rounds. I know he does not have the possiblity of winning first. Is that what you mean by being one and out?

I am still terribly proud of Ryan being a non starting freshman for most of the year and even getting here. Just had to be the proud Aunt for a minute.

Let me say quickly what I do understand. I understand if they get beat like my youngest nephew yesterday, Ryan Gardner, he goes to the "loser bracket" or consolation rounds. I know he does not have the possiblity of winning first. Is that what you mean by being one and out?

I am still terribly proud of Ryan being a non starting freshman for most of the year and even getting here. Just had to be the proud Aunt for a minute.

Let's say that your nephew, Ryan, won his first round match at state. the guy who he beat is hoping Ryan will reach the semi's so that he can continue wrestling. however, if Ryan is then beat in his next match, then Ryan can only continue wrestling if the guy who beat him reaches the semis.

your logic is correct for a regular tournament, just not state.

Let's say that your nephew, Ryan, won his first round match at state. the guy who he beat is hoping Ryan will reach the semi's so that he can continue wrestling. however, if Ryan is then beat in his next match, then Ryan can only continue wrestling if the guy who beat him reaches the semis.

your logic is correct for a regular tournament, just not state.

Thank you so much for the explanation......and can I just say, could they have made it more confusing?

I shall keep my little fingers crossed that little Ryan and Dustin keep on winning so I can get there tomorrow and see them.

Good Luck to all, including Clarksville. I live in Clarksville, graduated from Hixson and pull for Soddy-Daisy because that is where my nephews are.