It's offical

cmmndalum

Thank you so much for the explanation......and can I just say, could they have made it more confusing?

I shall keep my little fingers crossed that little Ryan and Dustin keep on winning so I can get there tomorrow and see them.

Good Luck to all, including Clarksville. I live in Clarksville, graduated from Hixson and pull for Soddy-Daisy because that is where my nephews are.

if you want the condensed version of that. Just don't lose and you'll keep wrestling. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I'm sure you've looked at the brackets, and if you notice both your nephews are still alive in the tournament. Ryan through carries and Dustin because he's in the semis.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much for the explanation......and can I just say, could they have made it more confusing?

I shall keep my little fingers crossed that little Ryan and Dustin keep on winning so I can get there tomorrow and see them.

Good Luck to all, including Clarksville. I live in Clarksville, graduated from Hixson and pull for Soddy-Daisy because that is where my nephews are.

I live in Murfreesboro but my son became friends with Dustin last summer when they were roommates at the UTC camp. Dustin is a good kid and an outstanding wrestler.

I live in Murfreesboro but my son became friends with Dustin last summer when they were roommates at the UTC camp. Dustin is a good kid and an outstanding wrestler.

That is very kind and wonderful to hear. Dustin is the comedian of the three brothers (they have an older one as well) for sure. Ryan is quiet and extremely smart as well as reserved. There was actually a flash of the Gardner temper yesterday when he was beat but it was quick, composed and NOT on the mat.

I am watching the brackets and getting updates from my mom and other family members. I can't believe I am pulling for the guy that beat Ryan but I actually am.

Good Luck to your son and all of the young men in this tournament.

Sports build foundation, Losing builds Character, Winning builds Desire and Coaches build Atheletes and Change Lives!!!!!

Once again, the stupidity of the "Carry" system rears its ugly head. Weaker wrestlers get a second chance, great wrestlers are one and done. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I agree that the carry system is stupid, but Chase has put alot into this sport too. And to say that he is a weak wrestler is wrong. Both him and Tee are awesome wrestlers and I was excited to hear that Chase had beaten him but sad for Tee, but your accusation of Chase being a weak wrestler is wrong. And btw, this happened to two other wrestlers who were seniors too that no one is talking about. Taylor Dixon and Thomas Berry lost first round and are done too.

I agree that the carry system is stupid, but Chase has put alot into this sport too. And to say that he is a weak wrestler is wrong. Both him and Tee are awesome wrestlers and I was excited to hear that Chase had beaten him but sad for Tee, but your accusation of Chase being a weak wrestler is wrong. And btw, this happened to two other wrestlers who were seniors too that no one is talking about. Taylor Dixon and Thomas Berry lost first round and are done too.

No dog in this fight, but seems clear that the "weaker" wrestlers referred to are Jordan's opponents in the early rounds; not Beazley. Are those wrestlers weaker than Tee Boone? Not much (no?) doubt about it.

As you say, "the carry system is stupid." Should be double elimination for all qualifiers, even if that means cutting back to 24 qualifiers per weight class.

Ok so here is my question then. If nobody like this carryover system, and we all have problems with it. Then why is it that nothing is done about it. Now that we have a new leader of the TSSAA org, why cant something be done about it? Why do we just have to settle for this?

Many people do have problems with the system, but you just got to win your matches ouright. Yes Tee got screwed over by the system and drawing a TOUGH bracket. He is definitely better than the kids that will be placing 3-6.

However, it is the system we have so we are going to have to deal with it.

Now, I believe that TSSAA uses the piggy back system because if we went to plain out double elimination then state might take 4-5 days as opposed to 3. I have no problem with that. this year is wed.-fri. next year is thurs.-sat., just make it wed.-fri.. I doubt TSSAA would ever do that though.

Again, just my opinion, cutting back to 24 or less wrestlers in each class would make it tougher to get to state (obviously) and of course TSSAA wants everybody to make it. They want as many wrestlers as possible at state, so they have a 3 day tournament and a 32 man bracket. It's the system.

I have a feeling it will stay that way too.

Congrats to Chase, but I was definitely pulling for Mr. Boone. Three time placer. I've watched him in the finals the past couple of years and he was sooo close. I wanted to see him take home the title this year. I still wish him the best of luck, and if he wrestles in college I wish him well their too.

Many people do have problems with the system, but you just got to win your matches ouright. Yes Tee got screwed over by the system and drawing a TOUGH bracket. He is definitely better than the kids that will be placing 3-6.

You may want to rethink that last statement. He is good, and don't take this as an insult to him, but he is decidedly not better than at least one of the people placing 3-6 (Beazley).

However, it is the system we have so we are going to have to deal with it.

Now, I believe that TSSAA uses the piggy back system because if we went to plain out double elimination then state might take 4-5 days as opposed to 3. I have no problem with that. this year is wed.-fri. next year is thurs.-sat., just make it wed.-fri.. I doubt TSSAA would ever do that though.

Again, just my opinion, cutting back to 24 or less wrestlers in each class would make it tougher to get to state (obviously) and of course TSSAA wants everybody to make it. They want as many wrestlers as possible at state, so they have a 3 day tournament and a 32 man bracket. It's the system.

I have a feeling it will stay that way too.

Congrats to Chase, but I was definitely pulling for Mr. Boone. Three time placer. I've watched him in the finals the past couple of years and he was sooo close. I wanted to see him take home the title this year. I still wish him the best of luck, and if he wrestles in college I wish him well their too.

The brackets have been done this way for at least 35 years now, even when TSSAA had 16 man (cut back to 12 man in 1977) brackets.

No dog in this fight, but seems clear that the "weaker" wrestlers referred to are Jordan's opponents in the early rounds; not Beazley. Are those wrestlers weaker than Tee Boone? Not much (no?) doubt about it.

As you say, "the carry system is stupid." Should be double elimination for all qualifiers, even if that means cutting back to 24 qualifiers per weight class.

OldEagle is correct, I was definitely not refering to Chase (and I used the term "weaker, not weak") but the system leaves a large group of good wrestlers out of medal contention that deserve the opportunity. There is no good reason that a 32 man field could not complete a standard double elimination in two and a half days. Eliminate or move the ridiculous "Girls Tournament" and move DII to a separate venue.

OldEagle is correct, I was definitely not refering to Chase (and I used the term "weaker, not weak") but the system leaves a large group of good wrestlers out of medal contention that deserve the opportunity. There is no good reason that a 32 man field could not complete a standard double elimination in two and a half days. Eliminate or move the ridiculous "Girls Tournament" and move DII to a separate venue.

Get ready for incoming.......