District 12 A-AA

eastsoccer20

Why would anyone compare a basketball or tennis court to an athletic field???? That is the most ridiculous comparison I've ever heard. Of course the basketball court is in good shape it! Is sowing seed, testing soil, aerating, watering, etc done on a basketball or tennis court? There is little to no continuous maintenence on a court, so it shows your immaturity and lack of knowledge of athletic fields to compare those things. This is the first season that East has had a field. They played on the football field last season. Yes there are rocks and bald spots on the field. And yes the field isn't the best in the district (its probably the worst!), but that isn't due to a lack of care for the soccer program, that is due to where the field was consturcted on. And, WHO ARE YOU TO QUESTION THE ATTENTION TO THE SOCCER PROGRAM! I can tell you that the school did all it could to prepare the field in the offseason and during the season, it is just an area that isn't great for an athletic field. Any time sediment, such as rock, comes up through the dirt on a field, its a sign that the area the field is on was not meant to have an athletic field. So, those things are going to be a battle for the first several years of play on an athletic FIELD (not court!). But from what I know about the school and the work that has been put in to get the field to the condition it is in now (BELIEVE IT OR NOT IT WAS MUCH WORSE LAST SEASON, HINCE THE REASON WHY GAMES WERE ON THE F'BALL FIELD), the field will be in great condition in a year or two.

im pretty sure you didnt get my point at all. its time and effort, and money. which they have invested a lot in a brand new school, brand new gym and everything. im not questioning the coaches, or the people who do work on it. but i know fields can be ready in a lot less than a year. how do i know? because we as a football team(CA) practiced on the baseball field everyday, for some 15 weeks in a row, the thing every year gets torn completely to pieces, all you see is dead grass, and mud spots from where we practiced in the rain. yet when the season starts the field is in perfect condition. same with the soccer field, playing in the fall the girls tear the soccer field to pieces, yet it seems as if no one has ever stepped on it before every game. i wont claim to know anything about making a field look nice, it may take years to get looking really nice, then as it tears up its easy to get back to where it was.

and congrats on getting the "1 seed" over a team that had a better record, and you never beat. (although they never beat you either, so i guess its whatever)

anyways. again. what was the tie break between CA and East Hickman?

and your write this is irrelevant. we need to talk about whats going to matter, and thats who is going to be winning and losing in the tournament!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im pretty sure you didnt get my point at all. its time and effort, and money. which they have invested a lot in a brand new school, brand new gym and everything. im not questioning the coaches, or the people who do work on it. but i know fields can be ready in a lot less than a year. how do i know? because we as a football team(CA) practiced on the baseball field everyday, for some 15 weeks in a row, the thing every year gets torn completely to pieces, all you see is dead grass, and mud spots from where we practiced in the rain. yet when the season starts the field is in perfect condition. same with the soccer field, playing in the fall the girls tear the soccer field to pieces, yet it seems as if no one has ever stepped on it before every game. i wont claim to know anything about making a field look nice, it may take years to get looking really nice, then as it tears up its easy to get back to where it was.

and congrats on getting the "1 seed" over a team that had a better record, and you never beat. (although they never beat you either, so i guess its whatever)

anyways. again. what was the tie break between CA and East Hickman?

and your write this is irrelevant. we need to talk about whats going to matter, and thats who is going to be winning and losing in the tournament!

You said you never seen the East soccer field only pictures??????? So you come on here and take your shots? Do you have anything better to do? As far as a higher seed. C.A. is # 2 , East Hickman beat the higher seeded teams that you could not, therefore they are the regular season champs. And # 1 seed. East never beat you ? ? ? .... They beat you like a drum the entire game , the only way you scored is help from "your' referees who followed you to the game. and gave you not 1 but 2 cheap, unwarranted penalty shots .Oh it must of been the field that stopped you from getting a real goal on us. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> ...... Maybe you seen some pictures of that too........but ask somebody who will tell the truth....... They know what happened.......we need not go there again. Jealousy will get you nothing, focus on your game and making yourself better. Remember...Just because mommy and daddy put you in a private School, it doesnt make you better...... you have already seen that.

Predictions on how this will play out, East Advances, C.A. advances , Hickman Advances , Giles Advances

Should be a great tournament with some close matches. I agree with those predictions. I think if these do come true then the second round matches will be very close. In the end, I feel that CA will prevail. I thought that they may play EH, but EH must get past Giles, who beat them in the second round last year. The second round seems to be rematches of last season. Who knows how they will turn out. It should be fun to spectate! Is the player from EH who was out for the CA game back from the Red Card suspension? If so, they should be tough in the post-season. I heard he was a key player for the team.

Seeds should be;

#1 E Hickman 7-0-1

#2 CA 7-0-1

#3 Hickman Co 5-2-1

#4 GCHS 5-3 tie breaker beat Zion

#5 Zion 5-3

#6 Richland 4-4

#7 Wayne Co

#8 Loretto

#9 Perry

8 and 9 winner plays #1

#7 at #2

#6 at #3

#5 at #4

That #6 @ #3 should be a good game I think.. #5 @#4 will be a good game too... I believe CA will be too much for Wayne /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" ... However the tournament as a whole will be good...

Should be a great tournament with some close matches. I agree with those predictions. I think if these do come true then the second round matches will be very close. In the end, I feel that CA will prevail. I thought that they may play EH, but EH must get past Giles, who beat them in the second round last year. The second round seems to be rematches of last season. Who knows how they will turn out. It should be fun to spectate! Is the player from EH who was out for the CA game back from the Red Card suspension? If so, they should be tough in the post-season. I heard he was a key player for the team.

To answer the question about the player back from suspension. The answer is yes...he is back and that is good for EH. They played without him for several key games down the stretch including the CA game. He is a starter and a key offensive player. So, to play without a senior starter and still play CA the way they did could spell trouble for CA and the rest of the district. But who knows? Both those teams have to get to the finals to see each other again. All the hihger seeds should advance past the first round, with the exception of Giles and Zion. Giles is the five seed and should beat Zion, but you never know. It should be a great tourney to watch. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

You said you never seen the East soccer field only pictures??????? So you come on here and take your shots? Do you have anything better to do? As far as a higher seed. C.A. is # 2 , East Hickman beat the higher seeded teams that you could not, therefore they are the regular season champs. And # 1 seed. East never beat you ? ? ? .... They beat you like a drum the entire game , the only way you scored is help from "your' referees who followed you to the game. and gave you not 1 but 2 cheap, unwarranted penalty shots .Oh it must of been the field that stopped you from getting a real goal on us. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> ...... Maybe you seen some pictures of that too........but ask somebody who will tell the truth....... They know what happened.......we need not go there again. Jealousy will get you nothing, focus on your game and making yourself better. Remember...Just because mommy and daddy put you in a private School, it doesnt make you better...... you have already seen that.

Hey we'll just talk next Friday after the tournament is all said and done. And i would really like to hear a better comeback besides something about a private school. I mean so what people go to private schools. "need not to go there again"

The # 9 Perry Co beat #8 Loretto 2-1. Congrats Perry Co...you won the opportunity to travel and play #1 E Hickman.

Giles County and Zion both finished 5-3 in the district. Giles County won headed to head against Zion. Someone please tell me how in the world Giles Co gets the #5 seed and has to travel to Zion who received the #4 seed.

The # 9 Perry Co beat #8 Loretto 2-1. Congrats Perry Co...you won the opportunity to travel and play #1 E Hickman.

Giles County and Zion both finished 5-3 in the district. Giles County won headed to head against Zion. Someone please tell me how in the world Giles Co gets the #5 seed and has to travel to Zion who received the #4 seed.

The higher seed gets to host the first round.